Blue-Green Pivuhs 06/24/2007 11:36 PM CDT
So i like the Pivuhs, though I wonder if the gen-rate can be uptweaked ever so slightly. Its rather hard to wander around the area since you need to use vines and be empty handed. Sometimes it takes a rather long time for one to gen.
Re: Blue-Green Pivuhs 06/25/2007 12:16 AM CDT
>So i like the Pivuhs, though I wonder if the gen-rate can be uptweaked ever so slightly. Its rather hard to wander around the area since you need to use vines and be empty handed. Sometimes it takes a rather long time for one to gen.

Aren't they a hoot? Tell me, though... do you have any trouble with their special attack (fire breathing)?

Fuquois
Re: Blue-Green Pivuhs 06/25/2007 02:31 PM CDT
I do have some trouble, but not significant.

I'd like there to be more herbs though in the area (there do not seem to be any)

I like that I can actually train skinning on them, whereas most critters I hunt I can't skin. Being survival tert sucks.
Re: Blue-Green Pivuhs 06/26/2007 11:48 AM CDT
>Being survival tert sucks.

Amen.

As far as their special attack goes, here's some background info on why I think it's weird:

I have no trouble obliterating them with 160ish ranks in Medium Blunt. I also have 40 agility, so that would put their skill range around 180ish. They can't touch me at all with their normal attacks with my 300ish ranks of Evasion, but unless I have a capped Swirling Winds running (putting me effectively around 400 ranks of evasion), their special attack hits me. It doesn't hit me hard, but it still hits me. It strikes me as weird that they would have such an incredibly accurate attack ability when their defenses are so low.

Fuquois
Re: Blue-Green Pivuhs 06/26/2007 11:59 AM CDT
>It strikes me as weird that they would have such an incredibly accurate attack ability when their defenses are so low.

Unfortunately, a lot of special attacks are like this, and it makes many creatures basically unhuntable except for backtraining weapons. Even worse, most of these attacks don't even teach anything when you are able to evade them. It would be nice if special attacks were evauluated globally, but I'm not holding my breath.
Re: Blue-Green Pivuhs + BEARS 06/26/2007 08:38 PM CDT
Yeah it does seem to get some weird hits in.

There was another anomaly i noticed about another critter in the area. The bears. Totally beneath me both in offense and defense...except for the special attack. Their claw attack that throws you out of the room tanked me from perfect health. I didn't die, but I had a pretty serious wound and had to leave. Otherwise they couldn't touch me. Is this intentional? If so I have to ask why, cause it makes the critter unhuntable.
Re: Blue-Green Pivuhs + BEARS 06/26/2007 08:50 PM CDT
>Is this intentional? If so I have to ask why, cause it makes the critter unhuntable.

My understanding is that it was a quest creature that never had its special attack power adjusted. Its a shame really, the GMs really busted their butts to get p5 out, said there was more to come, and then abandoned it completely. There are still no ranger trails, no dock access for boats, and many of the hunting areas lie dormant.
Re: Blue-Green Pivuhs + BEARS + New thing? 06/28/2007 03:00 PM CDT
All of a sudden today I am getting critical nerve poison from hunting Pivuh, yet there is no messaging that indicates how I am receiving it.

I've been hunting here for a week and this is the first time I am noticing it, and it is happening numerous times today. What's going on?
Re: Blue-Green Pivuhs + BEARS + New thing? 06/29/2007 09:46 AM CDT
You don't happen to use healing tinctures, do you?

Fuquois
Re: Blue-Green Pivuhs + BEARS + New thing? 06/29/2007 04:52 PM CDT
Nope, its not them. I think its part of the flame attack. Whats confusing though is that I hunted there for days without being afflicted with poison, and then one day I started getting it a couple of times each time I went hunting. What makes things even more confusing is that the only big change I can remember making prior to going back to hunting was a stat increase. I shouldn't be getting penalized for that.
Re: Blue-Green Pivuhs + BEARS + New thing? 06/29/2007 09:08 PM CDT
Actually... I remember getting nerve poison somewhere around there, but it wasn't the pivuhs. Something had been hitting me with a special attack that I hadn't noticed, and it was giving me nerve poison. Did you fight the bears or the gryphons recently before that?

Fuquois
Re: Blue-Green Pivuhs + BEARS + New thing? 06/30/2007 02:16 AM CDT
Nope. It was definitely happening while I was hunting Pivuh.