Dragon Priests Assault the City 09/24/2006 01:20 AM CDT
You ask in Haakish, "Good day to you, Grungy. I hope you are well?"

Grungy says in Haakish, "Well enough, madam. There were many battles that took place today."

You ask in Haakish, "Oh?"

Grungy says in Haakish, "Within Raven's Point, the dragon priest assassins emerged from the shadows and had attempted to raid our city. Wave after wave, they had come to strike at us, but our forces had left their filthy bodies bleeding all over the ground. Eventually, the dragon priests fled in defeat as victory was ours."

Grungy says in Haakish, "The dragon priests have raided our city for many years now. Tomorrow, we will make an assault into the Black Spire. The heart of the dragon priests camp lies there." [Editor's Note: September 24th at 3 p.m. eastern, Noon pacific]

(Grungy points his scimitar at the iron-banded gates of the Black Spire.)

Grungy says in Haakish, "I have let the word out to those around the city, but we must stand and fight! Spread the word, young reporter for those who wish to help may join us at Raven's Point tomorrow. From there, we will march to the Black Spire and unleash relentless fury against the cursed fanatical dragon priests. May the blood of the dragon priest stain their Spire for weeks to come from this battle."

Grungy makes a disgusting grunting noise. There is a certain stern quality to it.

You say in Haakish, "It will be done."

- Simon
Re: Dragon Priests Assault the City 09/24/2006 03:21 AM CDT
I really really enjoy the assassin invasions in RP. They are just perfect and I had so much fun during the ones that I was at. It would also be really great if there were just mini-PCs that you guys rolled up...just some 100th circle DP leader that could sneak in with them, give us a nice chase back to the spire, we kill em, they stop invading. Just neat little events where we can take it to them to stop the fight.

However maybe consider boosting the life/holy mana in the secret "safe" room near the gear gate so that it can actually be reasonably used as a safe room during invasions...a triage of sorts. It's a really neat little room that I was so happy to discover the first day (I thought I had found a way past the gate!) It's just ashame that I get like a 6 or 7 powerlevel in there.

-Teeklin

"You take people, you put them on a journey, you give them peril, you find out who they really are. If there's any kind of fiction better than that, I don't know what it is." -Joss Whedon
Re: Dragon Priests Assault the City 09/24/2006 04:22 PM CDT
Who will report on the number of casualties taken by both sides?

Targoth
Re: Dragon Priests Assault the City 09/24/2006 04:48 PM CDT
Great job everyone. I had a blast and I feel that a lot of others did, too. Counted over 50 characters participating in triage and/or front line action in this event.

There were a TON of dragon priests of all sorts who were slain by our forces and the strategies involved to wreak havoc on each dragon priest creature was exceptional. I also enjoyed how characters of all guilds worked in unison both in triage and/or on the front lines.

Stay tuned for more news on the next assault on the dragon priests within the Black Spire within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Thank you again for all the fun. Perhaps next time, the dragon priest generals will show up or perhaps not. It is still fun, either way. After all these years of asking for a place where we can take the battle to the enemy, we finally have it. It feels tremendous! :)

Going to see if a reporter can mention an in-character report of what had occured.

- Simon
Re: Dragon Priests Assault the City 09/24/2006 06:00 PM CDT
Sounds like the spire would make for good(or at least decent) tactics development/training, for future Dragon Priest invasions.

Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]
Re: Dragon Priests Assault the City 09/24/2006 07:03 PM CDT
And they say group combat isn't any fun. PSHAW

~Arwinia

It's mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter.
Re: Dragon Priests Assault the City 09/24/2006 08:10 PM CDT
> And they say group combat isn't any fun. PSHAW

Oh look, it's that hostile empath!

Targoth
Re: Dragon Priests Assault the City 09/24/2006 10:53 PM CDT
<3 Targoth

~Arwinia

It's mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter.