Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/08/2011 10:20 PM CDT
I was told by a game host to put this here. Could somebody please improve the spawn rate for dragon priest assassins in EVERY ROOM that constitutes their hunting ground in the spire? It really is starting to get ridiculous in there. Only threee rooms in the V part west of the door to the hunting grounds have any respectable spawn rate. Basically, the three good rooms are camped all day so as to not miss out on decent gen. We've been asking for this in the critters over 500 ranks folder, but to no avail. I know changes are coming, but please can the rate be tweaked up to a respectable level? Any chance on a response and some improvement?
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/08/2011 10:23 PM CDT
This, please. I have to admit I have a cheat(Siren's Call) but it is extremely unfortunate that I have to resort to using this song to be able to train at all. If you could please just turn on assassin gen in the other rooms I think that would go a long way to fix the problem. Pretty please with sprinkles on top? :)

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/08/2011 10:26 PM CDT
>>Only three rooms in the V part west of the door

So wait, the assassins are supposed to spawn in more then just those three rooms? Weird
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/08/2011 10:52 PM CDT
Agreed. With the increasing number of assassin hunters, and lack of spawn outside the V, it makes getting a room quite difficult and troublesome.

~Liurilias
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/08/2011 11:29 PM CDT
Actually scratch that, Call of the Siren does not work in the Zero-Spawn rooms :(

Heh, and here I thought I'd be willing to give up stealth in order to hunt the Dragon Priests. I guess not if it's going to be like this. Back off to M'riss with me then.

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/09/2011 12:24 AM CDT
This please. There were six hunters for three rooms and I really hate sharing hunting rooms.
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/09/2011 09:47 PM CDT
"This please. There were six hunters for three rooms and I really hate sharing hunting rooms. "

It's not so bad but moon mage hunters are not for the tert in evasion!

A Dragon Priest assassin sweeps the area with its serpentine eyes and snarls, "You can not hide forever! Your fate hasss already been sssealed!"
A Dragon Priest assassin eyes narrow as it points at you and hisses, "You ssshall be retired, mark!"
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/10/2011 09:43 AM CDT
<<It's not so bad but moon mage hunters are not for the tert in evasion!

I'm sorry, maybe it's because I just woke up, but that sentence just doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying that MM's don't like people who are evasion terts? Or that you think MMs are themselves evasion terts? Can you please clarify?

Now pardon me while I trek out for some much needed caffeine.
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/10/2011 09:45 AM CDT
>Can you please clarify?

I assume he's referring to Moon Mages using telekinetic storm, which is a spell that does not distinguish between critter and PC. Thus, those with tert evasion learning dislike having to share rooms with them.

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/10/2011 10:32 AM CDT
That would make sense I guess. My dislike for MMs using TKS is for another folder entirely.
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/10/2011 10:34 AM CDT
>>That would make sense I guess. My dislike for MMs using TKS is for another folder entirely.<<

Seconded.

________________________________________________________________________________

We've decided that instead of spells Paladins will be a new arm of the Bard guild utilizing interpretive dance moves.

~GM Zeyurn
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/10/2011 10:35 AM CDT

>>I assume he's referring to Moon Mages using telekinetic storm, which is a spell that does not distinguish between critter and PC. Thus, those with tert evasion learning dislike having to share rooms with them.

Evasion tertiary has nothing to do with this. Primary and Secondary Evasion characters have the same problem when hunting or entering a room with some MM using TKS.

If you don't have the evasion ranks or shield skill you are gonna get hit if you are not fast enough or lucky enough.
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/10/2011 10:50 AM CDT
"I assume he's referring to Moon Mages using telekinetic storm, which is a spell that does not distinguish between critter and PC. Thus, those with tert evasion learning dislike having to share rooms with them.

Correct it's a strange spell but, if you have Shadow web and TKS that makes for a wild ride indeed!

A Dragon Priest assassin sweeps the area with its serpentine eyes and snarls, "You can not hide forever! Your fate hasss already been sssealed!"
A Dragon Priest assassin eyes narrow as it points at you and hisses, "You ssshall be retired, mark!"
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/10/2011 11:15 AM CDT
>>It's not so bad but moon mage hunters are not for the tert in evasion!<<

Sure is when getting one weapon to 11/34 normally takes at least 11 minutes with a constant stream. With two people killing them, my weapons don't move at all. Plus if eight assassins are out in the open, it makes hiding for me painful.
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/10/2011 06:43 PM CDT
More assassins please!
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/28/2011 12:18 AM CDT
why not hunt adults or elders? plenty of rooms, and you get escaping

Creature Name Creature Offense Creature Defense Creature Perception Agility Reflex Strength
Dragon Priest Intercessor -2 0 -4 0 0 0
Dragon Priest Assassin -4 -2 -4 -1 -1 -2
Elder Desert Armadillo -3 -6 -5 -3 -3 -1
Adult Desert Armadillo -4 -9 -6 (cap) -3 -4 -2
Asaren Celpeze (4) (Super celps) -4 -10 -6 (cap) -3 -3 -3
Juvenile Desert Armadillo -5 -10 -6 (cap) -4 -4 -2
Tortured Soul ? ? ? ? ? ?

* possible that four-legged creatures defenses appraise wonky
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/28/2011 01:01 AM CDT
>why not hunt adults or elders? plenty of rooms, and you get escaping

For most people it's the trip. For me personally it's a compulsive aversion to departing without a rejuve.

~ Pansophist Kougen

"Tell me thy company, and I'll tell thee what thou art." - Miguel de Cervantes
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/28/2011 10:17 AM CDT
the higher the ranks, the more rejuves matters
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/28/2011 10:19 AM CDT
p.s. where's the general gathering spot around DPs for non-hunters in prime?
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/28/2011 10:50 AM CDT
Trip basically. I like the islands, but I like being around for stuff. I can't do that on the islands easily.
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 09/28/2011 01:04 PM CDT
I typically leave my non-com in the canyon outside the Spire.
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 10/04/2011 09:28 PM CDT
<<why not hunt adults or elders? plenty of rooms, and you get escaping>>

<<For most people it's the trip. For me personally it's a compulsive aversion to departing without a rejuve.>>

Or lack of high level boxes in that part of the world. That's the main issue with me.

Kaxis

"First rule of slaying: don't die!" -- Buffy
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 10/04/2011 09:33 PM CDT
Welcome back, Kaxis. Good to see you out and about again.
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 10/04/2011 09:58 PM CDT
Thanks, my friend.

Kaxis

"First rule of slaying: don't die!" -- Buffy
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 10/07/2011 08:29 AM CDT
>I typically leave my non-com in the canyon outside the Spire.

no creatures there? even when raven's does the invasion thing?

i've been leaving mine in black sprie mess hall. downside is can't see sky frmo there for both pyramids, and astrology
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 10/12/2011 06:31 PM CDT
I use the mess hall as well for the mule. Never sure if the canyon is safe or not...especially with the assassins wandering all over the place.

Madigan
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 10/13/2011 02:47 PM CDT
yeah i'm in mess hall now, but indoors (astro, pyramids), limited foraging is lame
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 12/06/2011 09:55 AM CST
Fair point. Trail area is probably better.

Madigan
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 12/10/2011 07:31 AM CST
I was hunting shals in the pen area outside the gate and suddenly had a half dozen assassins in the the room with me. Maybe this has been stated before in this thread, but seems like the spawn points are wrong (I don't think they're supposed to be spawning outside the spire are they?) Shouldn't take much to change the spawn rooms to the correct ones so that 2 areas aren't ruined, but maybe the GMs want it that way?

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 12/10/2011 04:31 PM CST
Assassins regularly invade Raven's Point. It's my guess that they flood the shalswar area at the same time.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 12/11/2011 07:11 AM CST
> Assassins regularly invade Raven's Point. It's my guess that they flood the shalswar area at the same time.

Tested it three times now (with a few deaths to boot), within 3 minutes of setting up shop in the pens, I had assassins spawning regularly in that area, with none inside raven's point. I'd say some of the "Assassins can spawn here" flags got flipped on the wrong rooms.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 12/11/2011 02:45 PM CST
>>> Assassins regularly invade Raven's Point. It's my guess that they flood the shalswar area at the same time.

>>Tested it three times now (with a few deaths to boot), within 3 minutes of setting up shop in the pens, I had assassins spawning regularly in that area, with none inside raven's point. I'd say some of the "Assassins can spawn here" flags got flipped on the wrong rooms.

Has those 'wrongly flagged' rooms been bugged yet?
Re: Increased Spawn Rate for Dragon Priest Assassins 12/11/2011 06:27 PM CST
As I put in the other thread -- if someone can post the exact message when they spawn and the exact rooms they spawn in I may be able to track it down (or I may not). Unfortunately this is a case where BUG isn't going to help much, or at least only in round about ways.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose