Gazit Lair 08/17/2010 09:09 PM CDT
Greetings,

I've fixed a bug with the coordinates for Gazit Lair, the housing area near the Silverwater Mines. Years ago, it was incorrectly placed near Knife Clan, and it should now be more appropriately on the NTR. Some people might notice differences in gweth traffic or distance-related spells, just as a heads up.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Gazit Lair 08/17/2010 09:45 PM CDT
did you do this in plat too?

i noticed it still had this...

>go cave
[Gazit Lair, Grotto]
A slight breeze mingles fresh, damp air from the outside with the musty dryness of this ancient cave. The ground rises slightly as it heads north into the center of the lair. You also see a painted wooden shack.
Obvious exits: north, northeast, northwest, out.

>justice
After assessing the area, you believe there is some kind of unusual law enforcement in this area.

>look shack
This shack belongs to you.

...nothing to see here. inquisitors not welcome...

:-)

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Gazit Lair 08/17/2010 09:59 PM CDT
>did you do this in plat too?

Yep. I didn't change anything with justice -- just the coordinates behind the scenes.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Gazit Lair 08/17/2010 10:02 PM CDT
>I've fixed a bug with the coordinates for Gazit Lair, the housing area near the Silverwater Mines. Years ago, it was incorrectly placed near Knife Clan, and it should now be more appropriately on the NTR.

Couldn't you just have moved it to near Knife Clan instead? I'm a sad Tog.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi, Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Gazit Lair 08/17/2010 10:08 PM CDT
>Couldn't you just have moved it to near Knife Clan instead? I'm a sad Tog.

Okay, there seems to be some confusion. I didn't actually move any rooms. Gazit Lair is still where it's always been. I just made a behind the scenes fix to the coordinates that tell the system where it's located in our big wide world of Elanthia. This is why gweth traffic and distance spells might be different now, but not the physical location of the area in game. I'm just making everything match up for us on the Dev end.

-- GM Tiesse

Re: Gazit Lair 08/17/2010 10:26 PM CDT
I'll admit i'm rather confused as to why this area is considered "justice" in the first place. If it was originally supposed to be within a "cave" within knife clan for that type of clan justice, i can see that - but now that it is not set up to be "in" knife clan, - it is far enough away from stone clan that I feel that it really should be a non-justice area, given its proximity to the reaver caves and such.

Thats one of the reasons i put my home there in the first place. To be away from justice. :-)

A doormat says, wipe your feet! bloodstains optional.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Gazit Lair 08/18/2010 01:39 AM CDT
>Okay, there seems to be some confusion.

I understood that. It was meant to be a tongue in cheek echo of my constant requests for housing near Knife Clan.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi, Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares