Dense copse 04/01/2010 10:58 PM CDT
Could someone help me out? I'm stuck in the 1st room of the Dense Copse just south of reavers and don't know how to move through or get out. Any advice is much appreciated!
Re: Dense copse 04/01/2010 11:03 PM CDT
Go trail. I think it's in the room description.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/RanikMap12a
Re: Dense copse 04/02/2010 08:29 AM CDT
Go trail won't work. Here's the room description...
The branches of pine and birch trees loom overhead, overlapping to create a canopy that nearly chokes off almost all light from hitting what little green undergrowth is here. Dried needles and dead branches crackle underfoot with every step, the only sound that can be heard save those of the forlorn cries of a wood thrush in the distance.

Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest

When I go in either direction it just shows the same room.
>go trail
What were you referring to?

That's what I get...:(
Re: Dense copse 04/02/2010 09:03 AM CDT
Ugh, that maze.

Try going east and looking for a trail. That maze is the biggest reason I never really hunted there.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Dense copse 04/02/2010 10:10 AM CDT
Thanks, I'll give it a shot a little later. I wasn't even trying to hunt there. I just wanted to go to the abbey for my pilgrim's badge. I think íf I ever get out of the maze I'm just gonna skip that place. Too much of a hassle...
Re: Dense copse 04/02/2010 10:12 AM CDT
Goin east and looking for a trail doesn't work either. I just keep getting the same room. I'm getting tempted to just do a full depart, or something...
Re: Dense copse 04/02/2010 10:13 AM CDT
Are you still stuck in the copse? I can come get you if you are.
Re: Dense copse 04/02/2010 10:16 AM CDT
>Goin east and looking for a trail doesn't work either. I just keep getting the same room. I'm getting tempted to just do a full depart, or something...

In some mazes, every room looks the same. Just keep wandering around and eventually you'll find a way out.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Dense copse 04/02/2010 10:16 AM CDT
It's a mapped maze so you don't need to give up on it. Just find your way out then follow the paths on the map that ENOTS linked.
Re: Dense copse 04/02/2010 01:43 PM CDT
I don't know if it will work there, but I've gotten out of some mazes by PEERing in the available directions and moving when the room description changed.
Re: Dense copse 04/02/2010 04:00 PM CDT
>I don't know if it will work there, but I've gotten out of some mazes by PEERing in the available directions and moving when the room description changed.

The issue here is that the rooms look the same but aren't. You can leave a foraged item trail to help you figure it out. Just move randomly, there's no danger.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Dense copse 04/02/2010 04:09 PM CDT
Thanks for everyone's help! I got out!
Re: Dense copse 04/02/2010 07:47 PM CDT
Yay!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Dense copse 04/02/2010 08:52 PM CDT
Dropping something foraged was a huge help and a great idea! Thanks again!
Re: Dense copse 04/03/2010 06:44 AM CDT
there is a bit of a problem moving in that area if you die and do a spiteful rebirth. It gives you messaging about needing to rest up first. Unfortunately, that leaves you a bit vulnerable if theres 4 leucros that decide to come in and have necro-chow. :-(

Out of curiosity, did you make everyone stop trying to kill Lyras so you could go try to kill Book?

Re: Dense copse 05/08/2010 10:04 PM CDT
For future reference, pretty you just need to head west until you're out.