gem shop at dirge? 07/12/2006 11:30 PM CDT
does anyone know of a gem shop at dirge or the north roads canvasary?
Re: gem shop at dirge? 07/15/2006 10:22 AM CDT
Afraid not, Gaunstar. But there is a furrier near crocs.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: gem shop at dirge? 07/15/2006 01:15 PM CDT
Honestly, I've been looking over the local zoning ordinances and historical preservation guidelines and I don't see exactly how we could add such businessess to our fair village without running afoul of both codes.

Maybe we could slide one in out towards the suburbs but with the recent trend towards "smart growth" and "green space" and all of their constant whining I don't think it stands a chance.

And for those of you who don't think zoning ordinances are worthwhile please remember that the entire Sorrow's War could have been prevented by some good zoning laws in the S'Lai Reach area.

Let a few unscrupulous developers in and the whole place could go to hell. Just like it did.

What happens in Dirge, stays in Dirge.

Re: gem shop at dirge? 07/15/2006 04:07 PM CDT
Um...don't you mean grey space. We ARE talking Dirge after all.

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: gem shop at dirge? 07/15/2006 10:52 PM CDT
We ARE talking about the suburbs here. They have an over-inflated opinion of their area anyway. We who reside in the Central Buisiness District have much stricter standards.

Specifically: Article 49, Clause 3, Paragraph 1, Subparagraph A: Green space in Greater Metro Dirge is defined as any area at least one cubit Square consisting of any vegetative substance or material, temporary, annual, or pereniall, which is within the visual color spectrum between blue and yellow.

Now, out in the hinterland - and mind you they don't even have codes yet - a single blade of grass or a wretched little weed probably qualifies and is jealously guarded and protected less it be stolen.

What happens in Dirge, stays in Dirge.

Re: gem shop at dirge? 07/16/2006 10:17 AM CDT
I'm surprised you can get so much as lichen to grow there, what with all the ash and soot.

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: gem shop at dirge? 07/16/2006 10:23 AM CDT
Ash makes for very rich soil for growing things.

Be nice if Dirge was a little greener (and a little less typo-ridden) after all this time.

Rev. Reene

"...What's happening to your tea is happening to everything everywhere. The sun and the stars. It'll take awhile but we're all going to end up at room temperature." - "Arcadia"
Re: gem shop at dirge? 07/16/2006 11:11 AM CDT
And isn't it about time the locksmith finished his renovations or whatever he's got his shop closed for?

-Fuquois-

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.
Re: gem shop at dirge? 09/09/2006 04:22 AM CDT

Codes? There hasn't been a government in years. A furrier would be a nice addition and the locksmith needs finishing.

-Ibec, still alive after all these years.