Re: Slanderous! 06/06/2005 09:45 AM CDT
Really this is SO much Crossings Propoganda I have no idea where to start!

>>Dirge, or as it was once known, Darkstone Town, is now in a sad state of ruin and lawlessness due to volcanic activity in the not-too-distant past that wiped out direct caravan access to the town as well as most of its farmlands, productivity and population.

Greater Metro Dirge is HARDLY a "sad state of ruin" let alone "lawless!" (close enough on the quote) Granted, it is not now that old Glory that was Darsktone but I might add that the sinister whisper and slander campaign by certain noted establishments in Crossings have done LITTLE to help in the rebuilding of our fair town. The Central Business District is failry bustling with activity each day. Trader caravans are constantly coming in and out of our gates and our bank is safe and reliable.

As the PRIMARY economic center of Northern Zoluren we take great pride in our happy and agreeable amenities. WHO among you hasn't run by our bank for a much needed exchange of kronars to lirums in catching the ferry to riverhaven? And let's not forget the fine weapons and armors provided here at VERY reasonable cost. And we are hardly lawless when one considers our superb storage facilities and vaults. Your gweth can travel to Crossings or Riverhaven from our fair city. You get all of the conviences of big city living with NONE of the hassle.

Our location is SO desirable that Lord Sorrow's army spent much time blocking us off from Zoluren in order to claim it as their own. Why Darkensi himself practically moved in as his headquarters! And I might add the Dirge resistance was doing quite well in knocking off the invaders till those louts from Leth came in and messed things up by drawing the ire of Darkensi upon us.

:;cough, cough:: Anyway, the PRIDE of ZOLUREN is more than ready for entertaining visitors and helping you relax in myriad ways. Come visit Dirge!

Our unique architecture and lovely Temple are ready to amaze you.

>>Now mainly a hiding place for criminals, thieves and other ne'er-do-wells, few decent people ever make the arduous journey there.

See? This is what I'm talking about? I don't know why Crossings tells their young ones this unless it is to keep them from discovering the delights and beauty of Dirge for themselves. I can assure you that this is no mere idle chatter. There are some of us who actually think that the Crossings Chamber of Commerce is hiring certain traders of ill repute to drop off the occasonal madman or ghoul on their way into town to discourage traders and tourists from seeing the sparkling jewel of northern Zoluren that is Dirge!

>>Additionally, Botolf is said to favor Dirge <from the Immortals>.

And I suppose that to the Crossings a GOD is some sort of "criminal, thief and ne'er-do-well" and is somehow NOT a "decent person."

>>The Thugs of Dirge are not affiliated with the Thieves guild of the crossing however.They run their own territory.

There are NO thugs in Dirge. Obviously this is either a blatant lie or some sort of confusion in transferring the thugs of Throne City (Which by the way is a convinient moonbeam shift away from Dirge)to our fair town. I can assure you that all of our fine upstanding citizens take great pride in our town. Rumors of "thugs" and people getting "roughed up" are merely malicious attacks on our reputation trying to keep us down and subordinate to the big city of Crossings. And really, those that spread vicious rumors regarding alleged thugging incidents are not really the most reliable people, are they? Let's just say that they bear a certain reputation and are hardly to be trusted based on their word alone.

Dirge: Come for the Goat Milk. Stay for the Cheese!
Re: Slanderous! 06/06/2005 10:12 AM CDT
<<There are NO thugs in Dirge.>>

Not thugs as the huntable kind you see in Throne City or Undershard. When you break the law in Dirge there is no law enforcment per say in terms of legal types. What happens is the Dirge Thief guild, group, whatever gets pissed at you for stealing on their turf and kick the snot out of you and take a random item from you.
Re: Slanderous! 06/06/2005 03:19 PM CDT
Please cease and desist with these groundless accusations.

There are NO thugs in Dirge. Anyone who says otherwise is probably in league with the Crossing sleazebags out to stifle their competition.

Re: Slanderous! 06/06/2005 11:39 PM CDT
As J Johna Jammison says "Slander is spoken. Libel is written"

Thanks for playing.
Re: Slanderous! 06/07/2005 07:56 AM CDT
As J. Jonah Jameson says "Come to Dirge! They don't have spiders!"

Re: Slanderous! 06/07/2005 08:41 AM CDT

<<our bank is safe and reliable>>

you keep on thinking that.

:-)

I Love the Dirge bank.
More Banks should be like the Dirge Bank.

Schvartzgonif

:-)

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack