Be Afraid 01/28/2013 05:04 AM CST
Be very, very afraid.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Be Afraid 01/28/2013 08:17 AM CST
A city made up entirely of dragons that could choose to attack you at any moment while traversing the city, and that have combat skill in the 1250+ range? And the city is located on the mainlands?!

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Be Afraid 01/28/2013 08:26 AM CST
>>A city made up entirely of dragons that could choose to attack you at any moment while traversing the city, and that have combat skill in the 1250+ range? And the city is located on the mainlands?!

Boo, who leaked our plans to the players?

Let's scrap everything and make a 60-room boobrie mating ground that is laid out in a giant loop and has the ice road mechanics through the entire thing.

Melete
(and if you depart you end up in Hib)
Re: Be Afraid 01/28/2013 08:28 AM CST
Uthgaar grab your shield, it's time to sled!
Re: Be Afraid 01/28/2013 09:42 AM CST
I will say I just wrote some of the most depressing text I've ever written for DR. The only thing that comes close is another bit that hasn't been released yet either...

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Be Afraid 01/28/2013 09:46 AM CST
and so Raesh brings us back to the world of syntax puzzles with "shoot yeller behind shed"

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Be Afraid 01/28/2013 10:30 AM CST
>Let's scrap everything and make a 60-room boobrie mating ground that is laid out in a giant loop and has the ice road mechanics through the entire thing.

I do love boobr...oh, wait, missed that R the first time. Never mind.

Note: this is not a plug for Genie or Elanthipedia or Mars Bars.
Re: Be Afraid 01/28/2013 10:32 AM CST
Is there gonna be Kaldar and Ocular stuff in this depressing, scary new Thing, or is it just coincidence that the area you posted in happens to coincidence with the planned location of the upcoming Kaldar town?
Re: Be Afraid 01/28/2013 10:41 AM CST
Naw, this is a smaller project. Anyhow, that'd be one folder down.

-Raesh

Re: Be Afraid 01/28/2013 10:46 AM CST
1. theren is going to go to war with zoluren and take over dirge, leaving everyone in the ashes...

2. all the sorcery floating around is going to stir up the volcano and it will erupt again, although not taking Tiv with it because he happened to be in throne city at the time

3. the necromancers are finally going to get a guildhall in P2.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Be Afraid 02/06/2013 01:00 AM CST
http://youtu.be/ZvCI-gNK_y4

-Raesh

Re: Be Afraid 02/06/2013 08:45 AM CST
today?!?!

- Buuwl
Re: Be Afraid 02/06/2013 09:23 AM CST
RAESH FINALLY REWROTE THE SHARK MOBS TO FUNCTION AS A NEW RACE!!!!!

SHARK CLAN WILL BE FULL OF SHARKIN.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Be Afraid 02/06/2013 09:40 AM CST
I believe the correct spelling is Skarkkin, as in the kin of sharks. Just saying.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Be Afraid 02/06/2013 10:00 AM CST
>>I believe the correct spelling is Skarkkin, as in the kin of sharks. Just saying.

But are they pirate sharks or shark pirates?

Re: Be Afraid 02/06/2013 10:22 AM CST
Hopefully Elanthia will soon know.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Be Afraid 02/06/2013 11:16 AM CST
Teveshszat wins the thread.

-Raesh

Re: Be Afraid 02/06/2013 11:20 AM CST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZKpdihzeIo

Re: Be Afraid 02/07/2013 02:05 AM CST
That is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Be Afraid 02/27/2013 01:11 AM CST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ889rFNUmo

-Raesh