Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/01/2016 07:25 AM CDT
The last time I had interaction with the GM that 'owned' Muspar'i, that was Porlock. I dont know who currently 'owns' the city but I would kinda like to know. Anyone wanna spill the beans for me?

Sok Masticack Dwarven Thief and Musparan Sandrat Extrodinaire
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/01/2016 10:19 AM CDT
Pretty sure it's Jhustis but as thin as staff is spread that might have changed.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/01/2016 02:30 PM CDT
>>I dont know who currently 'owns' the city

Start reading up on squatters rights
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/01/2016 04:08 PM CDT
GMs don't really "own" systems/locations/guilds/etc anymore. It's generally more a case of who happens to be working on X at any particular time. Given that Muspar'i hasn't had any development in awhile (right?), I don't think there would necessarily be a go-to GM for that particular location.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/07/2016 04:46 PM CDT

Pretty sure if you take a trip there, it would increase the population to.... one, so I say have at it, its yours!
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/11/2016 12:54 PM CDT
there actually is a population of Muspar'i. It does tend to fluctuate a bit and only a few are full time residents. Last I heard (and that was years ago) there were only 11 people that are actual tax paying residents of Velaka. Ever since my character first went to 'pari he has been a citizen. I wrote in the Muspar'i wiki that its an area where a loner could thrive. I wrote that probably 6 or more years ago. I stand by that statement. Muspar'i is an awesome area and seriously underappreciated by the general public at large. They dont know what they are missing.

One last thing, It is really amazing when one insignificant character is able to (without knowing what was going on) influence things behind the scenes. In a place like Crossing or Shard or even Ratha (to a lesser extent) there are so many people doing things so its hard to stand out. In a small community EVERYTHING is noticed. If you know where to look at what to look for you can find something in 'pari that was influenced by a citizen without them knowing about it at the time.

My apologies if that seems to come across as a rant, but I am VERY passionate about Muspar'i. It truly is a beautiful place and has a lot to offer. If it seems I was over the top, well Sorry bout that.

As for what I actually meant with my question of ownership of 'pari, I was after the name of the GM of the area. That question was answered as well.

Sok Masticack Dwarven Thief and Musparan Sandrat Extrodinaire
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/11/2016 07:11 PM CDT
Keep up the municipal patriotism Sok! I too think Muspar'i is the cat's pajamas and it would be fantastic if there were more people there/more training opportunities to appreciate it's beauty and make things more lively.
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/11/2016 07:42 PM CDT
My character (Sarkranis) is a citizen of Velaka and native of Muspar'i. The main thing that keeps me from spending more time in Muspar'i is that using the leather repair shop is a 15-20-minute round trip involving a barge trip and a shifting maze.

Shifting mazes, in particular, ruin an otherwise great area for me. While they might be fun for some players when traveling through a new area, the novelty quickly wears off when the shifting maze is part of a routine trip. (If I can't use AutoMapper for routine trips.)

The player population of Muspar'i already suffers from being remote; the area doesn't need to be less user-friendly.

Ideally, there should be a leather repair option in Muspar'i. Failing that, if all they did was remove the shifting maze element (making it a fixed path) for both the barge bypass and the route between the barge and the oasis, that would go a long way toward making the area more user-friendly.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

sortable list of all Trader-owned shops and inventory: http://www.elanthia.org/TraderShops/

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/13/2016 01:15 PM CDT

Muspari suffers in a similar way to Therenborough.... It lacks the basics that a player/character needs, so people choose to live in other areas.

I did move up there a while back, but the repairing armor became an issue, and much like Therengia, the place lacks the hunting area to train and progress a character.

Shame, because many of these areas offer so much, yet they lack a lot too
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/13/2016 07:29 PM CDT

I loved Muspari when it was in a good hunting range. If there was a creature in my spot now I'd move back in a heartbeat.

Jalika
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/14/2016 02:06 AM CDT
Could you not take some time and learn to repair your armor now through tailoring to solve this issue? A pain, perhaps, but once you learn it will help with those round trips. Just need to stock up on thread and such for the needles, and oil and brushes to repair said needle. Still not ideal, but better.

I feel putting the guilds and amenities in Theren would also make Muspar'i a bit more likeable and for everyone in the province in general.

Colonel Kristalline Kreine
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/14/2016 02:21 AM CDT
>>Abender: Could you not take some time and learn to repair your armor now through tailoring to solve this issue? A pain, perhaps, but once you learn it will help with those round trips. Just need to stock up on thread and such for the needles, and oil and brushes to repair said needle. Still not ideal, but better.

If I wanted to repair my own gear, I would already be doing it. :-)

I don't really see that as a good argument against adding a leather repair shop to a remote city like Muspar'i (unless that's going to be used as a general response to requests for new repair shops).

Failing that, even just removing the shifting maze element from travel between Muspar'i and the oasis repair shop would make me very happy.

sortable list of all Trader-owned shops and inventory: http://www.elanthia.org/TraderShops/

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/14/2016 08:58 AM CDT
As large a mercantile center that Muspar'i is, and as isolated as it is, it should have just about every shop and service possible (but especially repair shops). It's obvious why it doesn't of course.

I have all the repair techs available in every craft and while yes, it does solve the problem of repairing gear; it requires a not inconsiderable investment of time to train up enough crafting skill if you care about doing anything else in that craft beyond repair.

> just removing the shifting maze element from travel between Muspar'i and the oasis repair shop

The desert already has a pretty high athletics check - removing the shifting maze element would be a massive improvement. That route is mostly used by the flying broom crowd at the moment.
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/14/2016 05:58 PM CDT
>>Myrek2: The desert already has a pretty high athletics check - removing the shifting maze element would be a massive improvement. That route is mostly used by the flying broom crowd at the moment.

It's not even that usable for brooms due to the shifting maze. (I have a broom and don't use it to cross the desert for that reason.)

Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/15/2016 08:01 AM CDT
I tried walking moonbeams through it a few times and opening gates to drop breadcrumbs to mark rooms. Got bored with it before i found the way through. The shifting maze sucks.
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/15/2016 08:04 AM CDT

Now I really want to go add the maze to our map. Does navigating the shifting maze bypass one or both of the barges?
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/15/2016 12:02 PM CDT
You can bypass both sand barges via the shifting maze.
Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/15/2016 06:11 PM CDT
>>Seped: Now I really want to go add the maze to our map. Does navigating the shifting maze bypass one or both of the barges?

It wouldn't do any good to map the shifting maze, because the route through it continually changes.

Re: Who 'owns' Muspar'i? 07/15/2016 06:22 PM CDT

>It wouldn't do any good to map the shifting maze, because the route through it continually changes.

I meant add it to our maze navigating logic. The maze into Zaulfang swamp does the same shifting room changes (I'm assuming) and we can automap through it.