Questions and Suggestions 02/18/2014 04:24 PM CST
I recently travelled to Muspar'i for the first time and am thinking of settling down here for a bit. First off, just want to say how great the city itself is--awesome feel, cool design, lots of nice touches. I especially appreciate the relative abundance of biped creatures. The thief-specific stuff is awesome as well, as is the abundance of stealable shops with expensive goods.

A couple of questions:

<b>Mech/Alchemy</b>
Is there anywhere to procure alchemical ingredients, either via purchase or forage?
Is there anywhere to forage regular grass or vines for mech training?

<b>Athletics</b>
-Is there anywhere to train athletics that doesn't require enormous amounts of skill? I'm at ~280 and strongly prefer to avoid "climb practice" if possible.
-Anyone know roughly how much athletics is required to navigate the first part of the desert (from Hvaral <--> Oasis)?

<b>Suggestions</b>
-I haven't checked, but I assume anyone who's spent any length of time here would insta-recommend reducing travel times substantially and changing the metal repair in town to leather+metal. Allow me to second both suggestions. The latter suggestion is particularly relevant given various 3.x changes. (I know I can repair my own leather by getting some hobby/tech/whatever; I don't want to do that).

-If reducing travel time to Muspar'i is deemed inadvisable for whatever reason, I would recommend simply increasing the time from Hvaral <--> Oasis and reducing the time from Oasis <--> Muspar'i. This would allow residents of Mus reasonable access to the Sand Clan while retaining the general unattractiveness of travelling to Muspar'i from the rest of Elanthia, per Simu/GM preference. Another option is to run a faster set of barges that charge (substantial?) fares.
Re: Questions and Suggestions 02/18/2014 05:36 PM CST
>>-If reducing travel time to Muspar'i is deemed inadvisable for whatever reason,

Just for reference, the barge from Hvaral to Muspar'i (including stopover at the Oasis and waiting for castoff) takes 13 minutes, 30 seconds.

For comparison, the gondola takes around 4:30, the Ain and Riverhaven ferries around 4:15, the mammoth between Fang Cove and Acenamacra about 7:45, and the Skirr'lo'lasu between Crossing and Ratha about 18:00.

I have been timing lots of things...

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Questions and Suggestions 02/18/2014 07:05 PM CST
>>Jpiz: I haven't checked, but I assume anyone who's spent any length of time here would insta-recommend reducing travel times substantially and changing the metal repair in town to leather+metal.

As a Muspar'i native, the city would be a lot more enjoyable if there were a convenient leather repair option that did not require a barge ride/trip through a shifting maze.

You feel your Heart Link with a mug of zombie's revenge fade away.

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Questions and Suggestions 02/20/2014 07:29 PM CST

Noted.
Promises? Not at this time.

=GM Jhustis=

=="The only place you'll find success before work is in the dictionary."==