Leather repair 02/28/2013 09:19 AM CST
I know this has been mentioned repeatedly in the past, but lack of leather repair is a major issue for almost everyone who hunts in this area. Other than that, the hunting is enough to keep me here for a long time.
I'm okay with having to jump back to Haven to pick up supplies and train, but repair is a constant, and Conjurers are not sympathetic to busted armor even on a good day.

Is there any way that Fekoeti can be adjusted to have the same work ethic as Unspiek in Riverhaven? He is also metal and weapons repair, but when you use the 'ask Unspiek about repair all' function, he takes everything, including leather and hide shields to fix. Heck, charge us a fortune for it, I can handle that, but I'm burning through jump jewelry charges by having to jump back to Haven every couple of days to repair.

Pretty please?

~Teille.

The pinchfist waddles around, pointing with a crazy gleam in his eye, and squeals, "This is mine, this is mine, and this is mine! Not that, though. You can have that."
Re: Leather repair 02/28/2013 10:29 AM CST
You don't need to go all the way back to Haven. Get on the barge, get off of it at the oasis, and find the tiny village of Haizen Cugis in the desert. An old Sand Elf in the village will repair your leather stuff for you for a handful of lirums. It's not as convenient as being right in Muspari, but it's close enough to not be an unreasonable solution.

Shenae
Re: Leather repair 02/28/2013 10:38 AM CST
> Is there any way that Fekoeti can be adjusted to have the same work ethic as Unspiek in Riverhaven? He is also metal and weapons repair, but when you use the 'ask Unspiek about repair all' function, he takes everything, including leather and hide shields to fix. Heck, charge us a fortune for it, I can handle that, but I'm burning through jump jewelry charges by having to jump back to Haven every couple of days to repair.

This! I've been spending a lot of time in Muspar'i, lately, and it's a major pain to keep up with repairs. And now that repairs are required much much more frequently, it would make sense to add repair support in that faraway yet gorgeous and elegantly written desert city. (Seriously, whoever wrote Muspar'i needs to win some kind of creative award. It's stunning.)

This would also make sense for 3.0, given that success now requires more hunting, and more hunting requires more repairs. It's kind of required, now.

Muspar'i is a jewel. Repair shops would make it shiny.

Please say yes.

- Useff
Re: Leather repair 02/28/2013 11:05 AM CST
I hoping that whenever Muspar'i gets some nice crafting halls, we'll see the addition of a more robust repair shop.

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: Leather repair 02/28/2013 11:22 AM CST
>>You don't need to go all the way back to Haven. Get on the barge, get off of it at the oasis, and find the tiny village of Haizen Cugis in the desert. An old Sand Elf in the village will repair your leather stuff for you for a handful of lirums. It's not as convenient as being right in Muspari, but it's close enough to not be an unreasonable solution.

Huh- I should spend more time exploring that oasis! Thanks for the heads up!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Leather repair 02/28/2013 04:17 PM CST
Thanks, Shenae. I found that little guy out in the oasis. Not the easiest trip to say the least, but it got the job done. I also got sand in my beer, but we'll just have to live with that.

- Useff
Re: Leather repair 07/09/2013 12:32 PM CDT
>>Jenalidon: Is there any way that Fekoeti can be adjusted to have the same work ethic as Unspiek in Riverhaven? He is also metal and weapons repair, but when you use the 'ask Unspiek about repair all' function, he takes everything, including leather and hide shields to fix. Heck, charge us a fortune for it, I can handle that, but I'm burning through jump jewelry charges by having to jump back to Haven every couple of days to repair.

Now that I am based in Muspar'i, I would really love to see a leather repair shop that didn't require a trip on the sand barge.

You feel your Heart Link with a mug of zombie's revenge fade away.

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Leather repair 06/17/2015 08:25 AM CDT

Just gonna add to the thread that enabling the metal repair in the city proper to do leather like many others shop that repair both would be great. I don't always have much time but taking 20-30mins to travel the barge is very inconvient. If this is a simple fix i would love it.