Mer'Kresh Justice 05/02/2015 04:02 PM CDT
It was discovered recently that several crimes have been disabled in Mer'Kresh for... I'm going to guess "a long time". These include Disturbing the Peace, Endangering the Public and Forbidden Practices.

These are all crimes in Mer'Kresh again.

On the upside (For you law breakers...) the Celps hunting areas should no longer be considered justice areas.

Thanks to Jhustis for help with converting the hunting area.

Please let me know if you encounter any oddities.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Mer'Kresh Justice 05/02/2015 04:46 PM CDT
While you're looking into justice oddities any chance of fixing the bug that traps you in the Mer'kresh courtroom if you plead innocent?

I had to assist to be pulled out back when Zeyurn first implemented the new justice system. Then it happened again a few months ago after recall warrant was released and I returned to Mer'kresh to clear my warrants.

I guess he never got around to fixing it the first time.

~Engineer Ascot Ryuzzaki, Grayroot of Elanthia
Re: Mer'Kresh Justice 05/02/2015 04:58 PM CDT
What's the bug?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Mer'Kresh Justice 05/02/2015 05:21 PM CDT
>>What's the bug?

If you successfully plead innocent you redress yourself and are free to go but the only exit is a door that gives a message about a guard blocking your way when you try to go through it.

Same thing happened when I failed pleading innocent but had the money to cover the fine on me.

Not sure if it's only from pleading innocent or if the same thing happens from just having the money to cover the fines on you.

~Engineer Ascot Ryuzzaki, Grayroot of Elanthia
Re: Mer'Kresh Justice 05/02/2015 11:02 PM CDT
Somewhat related, but I was recently wondering in general about justice hunting areas and how they work IC, especially with respect to area spells. Are there townspeople around in these areas getting frightened of adventurers using area spells, but not of killing the local creatures with weapons?