Hunting gap - Alvy 03/20/2012 12:49 PM CDT
Alvy,

Any chance the rather peculiar hunting gap between bristle-backs and celpeze can be addressed? Lun'shele trekhalos aren't really a good stepping stone because they spawn with caracals and Lun'shele hunters, neither of which teach in that experience range.

Maybe a celpeze spawning ground on M'Riss where we can hunt baby celpeze? I dunno. But something, preferably skinnable.
Re: Hunting gap - Alvy 03/21/2012 10:07 AM CDT
Is the only problem with treks that they could use some rooms of their own or do they not teach in that gap?

GM Alvy
Re: Hunting gap - Alvy 03/21/2012 01:03 PM CDT
they don't teach in that gap.

need something just a bit harder than bristlebacks.

rossmans & hib has a pretty good critter ladder there. if you go to gryphons & bristle-backs at same time, then hit reivers/raiders,by the time you've capped raiders - or hit shalswars down by shard and cap those - you're pretty much ready for celepeze.

So perhaps something - preferably SKINNABLE - from raiders thru shalswar level.

"we're doing it for the good of mankind," said the philosophers of murder, waiting for the rest of the world to congratulate them"-Elie Wiesel <the gates of the forest>
Re: Hunting gap - Alvy 03/21/2012 01:57 PM CDT
<<Is the only problem with treks that they could use some rooms of their own or do they not teach in that gap?

I think they miss the gap a tiny bit. If I'm remembering correctly they soft cap at around 470 ranks. I'd love to see them with their own rooms but I'm not sure that's really lore-appropriate, nor do I think it's a particularly elegant solution to the gap. You'd still have problems training skinning.

Ideally you'd want something that soft capped a little higher, like storm bulls. Preferably without being as tedious to hunt as storm bulls.
Re: Hunting gap - Alvy 03/22/2012 07:03 AM CDT
I'll check it out. Bartlebee and I did discuss the hunting on M'Riss recently so we'll see what happens.

GM Alvy
Re: Hunting gap - Alvy 03/22/2012 08:14 AM CDT
We could also use more than one caracal tree with a decent spawn too.

- Buuwl
Re: Hunting gap - Alvy 03/22/2012 09:46 AM CDT
<<I'll check it out. Bartlebee and I did discuss the hunting on M'Riss recently so we'll see what happens.

Thanks Alvy. Warklins would be another critter that could fill the gap.
Re: Hunting gap - Alvy 03/22/2012 10:29 AM CDT
i don't like warklins because i think those are slice-resistant? or something to that effect. At least thats the general impression i've had when fighting them.

I think something on the same level as shalswar would fill the gap nicely.

Obviously it wouldn't be IC to have shalswar themsleves there due to the history of the islands. But something that is skinnable and swarms around the same would be ideal.

"we're doing it for the good of mankind," said the philosophers of murder, waiting for the rest of the world to congratulate them"-Elie Wiesel <the gates of the forest>
Re: Hunting gap - Alvy 03/22/2012 11:17 AM CDT
<<I think something on the same level as shalswar would fill the gap nicely.

Shalswar are actually slightly lower than trekhalos. They wouldn't fill the gap.

Warklins are the same as dillos, which is fine. Rissans use ristes for a reason.
Re: Hunting gap - Alvy 03/22/2012 12:24 PM CDT
Warklins are the same as dillos, which is fine

wait a minute. warklins the same level as dillos? how is it remotely possible that my necro managed to kill a few and get their material, when i regularly kill young gryphons, and my highest offense skill is 360 <TM>??

Re: Hunting gap - Alvy 03/22/2012 04:27 PM CDT
<<warklins the same level as dillos?

No, slice resistant.