Prev_page Previous 1 3
Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/20/2011 08:14 PM CST
Greetings!

The Rissan Council is pleased to announce the opening of four new shops on Mer'Kresh. They are as follows:

1. Kharlan's Tanning Supplies - Carrying a full selection of products for your tanning needs.

2. Ristmuir's Armory - The legendary Rissan riste is here! There is also an assortment of weapons that covers most Rissans favorites.

3. Perpetual Blossoms of Mer'Kresh - Specializing in rare and unique flowers sold only by this company.

4. The Sweet Life Candy Shoppe - Carrying a large selection of chocolates, booze enhanced candies and novelty candies. Be sure not to miss the ring pops and candy necklaces, which are wearable!

I want to give a special thanks to GM Kodius who took all my disjointed ideas and info to create the riste and to GM Turmis, my ninja coder, who heard me muttering about how we couldn't make wearable food and instantly made it a reality for me. These guys are great!

Enjoy! Ho Ho Ho!

GM Alvy
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/20/2011 08:20 PM CST
Ohhhh that's awesome! Can't wait to check out the weapons.

Thank you Alvy, Kodius and Turmis!!

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://drzeal.forumotion.com Learn How to PvP!
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/20/2011 08:22 PM CST
Any hints to where they are located?

~Leilond
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/20/2011 08:28 PM CST
Florist is past the bakery, tanner and armory are near the weapons repair shop and the candy shop is down near the pet store

GM Alvy
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/20/2011 09:24 PM CST
Oh man, the weapon shop is awesome lol it has everything. Thank you x100!

~Leilond
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/20/2011 09:29 PM CST
>>Oh man, the weapon shop is awesome lol it has everything. Thank you x100!

See when I come here for suggestions I really do listen!

GM Alvy
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/20/2011 10:00 PM CST

I hope we see more of Keresyk. Thanks for the tour!
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/20/2011 10:06 PM CST
Very nice!! Thank you Alvy!!

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. --John Wayne
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/21/2011 01:33 AM CST
>app bola
A silvery bola linked by an anchor-style chain is a light thrown and light blunt melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the bola is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the silvery bola is appreciably susceptible to damage, and is in pristine condition.

The silvery bola is incredibly pliant.
You are certain that the silvery bola weighs exactly 30 stones.
You are certain that the silvery bola is worth exactly 1500 lirums.

I did some testing but it appears the bola is a regular weapon. I really had gotten my hopes up on this being a new entanglement weapon, perhaps foolishly. Just a dream of mine :( The shops are amazing and it's nice to actually have access to throwing blades on the islands. Thanks!

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/21/2011 01:42 AM CST
The candy shop alone was worth the trip across the world - absinthe fans rejoice.

Has the half handled riste vs riste been explained?

skaen
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/21/2011 02:26 AM CST
One has a ME and one has a HE.

GM Alvy
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/21/2011 07:36 AM CST

out of curiosity as there was nothing on the boards over there, are these shops open on kresh plat-side as well?

thanks

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/21/2011 08:31 AM CST
>>out of curiosity as there was nothing on the boards over there, are these shops open on kresh plat-side as well?

Yes, they are currently live in Plat and Prime. TF will get them in a few days if everything works smoothly.

GM Alvy
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/21/2011 09:45 AM CST
<<One has a ME and one has a HE.

GM Alvy>>

I could have sworn they appraised as a ME and heavy blunt late last night(although it was late)..anyone on M'riss able to snag an app on the ristes?

skaen
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/21/2011 09:54 AM CST
>>I could have sworn they appraised as a ME and heavy blunt late last night

That is my memory as well.

~Leilond
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/21/2011 10:05 AM CST
> appr riste careful

A metal half-handled riste is a medium blunt melee-ranged weapon.

no (0/25) puncture damage
poor (2/25) slice damage
somewhat heavy (8/25) impact damage

You are certain that the riste is poorly (3/13) balanced and is reasonably (7/13) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

A metal half-handled riste is a medium edged melee-ranged weapon.

poor (2/25) puncture damage
moderate (7/25) slice damage
fair (5/25) impact damage

You are certain that the riste is decently (6/13) balanced and is fairly (5/13) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

A metal half-handled riste is a two-handed blunt melee-ranged weapon.

dismal (1/25) puncture damage
somewhat fair (4/25) slice damage
very heavy (9/25) impact damage

You are certain that the riste is poorly (3/13) balanced and is soundly (8/13) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the half-handled riste is of average construction (9/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The half-handled riste is made with metal.
You are certain that the half-handled riste weighs exactly 35 stones.
You are certain that the half-handled riste is worth exactly 275 lirums.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

> appr other riste careful

A weighted steel riste with a black coral hilt is a heavy blunt melee-ranged weapon.

no (0/25) puncture damage
heavy (9/25) impact damage

You are certain that the riste is poorly (3/13) balanced and is soundly (8/13) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

A weighted steel riste with a black coral hilt is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.

low (3/25) puncture damage
heavy (9/25) slice damage
somewhat fair (4/25) impact damage

You are certain that the riste is decently (6/13) balanced and is fairly (5/13) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

A weighted steel riste with a black coral hilt is a two-handed blunt melee-ranged weapon.

dismal (1/25) puncture damage
great (11/25) impact damage

You are certain that the steel riste is of average construction (9/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The steel riste is made with metal.
You are certain that the steel riste weighs exactly 45 stones.
You are certain that the steel riste is worth exactly 275 lirums.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

They're both excellent weapons even beyond the fact that they're so versatile, although they're not quite as good as most of my gear. Nonetheless, great stuff Alvy!

The rest of the merchandise also looks fabulous, although I haven't touched most of them yet.

Thanks for the hard work.
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/21/2011 12:11 PM CST

Maybe a small bug:

Existence 148537089 created: a bottle of leather lotion
The attendant takes some coins from you and hands you a bottle of leather lotion.
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/21/2011 12:58 PM CST
Thanks for letting me know about the bug!

GM Alvy
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/21/2011 10:03 PM CST

The riste app'd as ME HB for me. What's a Riste look like?
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/22/2011 12:57 AM CST
>What's a Riste look like?

Roughly like the maquahuitl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl
http://www.precolumbianweapons.com/images/swords89.gif

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/22/2011 12:58 AM CST
>>The riste app'd as ME HB for me. What's a Riste look like?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl

More or less.
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/22/2011 03:38 PM CST
The macuahuitl is very similar. We made the riste a little different to be more friendly with systems in the game. The riste is metal and has a one piece blade instead of multiple sharp pieces.

GM Alvy
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/30/2011 04:17 PM CST
I finally had some free time today to check these out. Thank you very much for adding more shops to the island. They've got some great stuff in them. If you're gonna do more shops in the future I always wanted to see a nice clothing shop with some traditional Rissan attire including hacs. Also, a jewelry shop that sells wedding torcs with swappable gemstones like the ones described in the book "Rissan Wedding Customs".

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 12/30/2011 05:00 PM CST
I do have a clothing shop with hacs on my list of potential shop ideas for next year. I'll add the jewelry store too!

As far as making traditional torques with swappable gems, that's probably feasible but I'm not sure how we'd designate the gems to follow the wedding customs.

GM Alvy
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 01/02/2012 04:25 PM CST
>>As far as making traditional torques with swappable gems, that's probably feasible but I'm not sure how we'd designate the gems to follow the wedding customs.

I always found the torques to be an overly complex method anyhow. Mine would be worth more platinum than most non-adventurers would see in their lifetime as I approach 50 years of marriage.
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/01/2012 01:10 PM CDT
Please bring in a jewelry shop like the one in Haven but with new designs. The one in haven has hair combs that do hair styles and some jewelry that goes with different rp like weddings that have verbs, but other rp would be awesome, like birthdays or graduations for a squire. Given Kresh history, flower themed items would be totally awesome.

I was also hoping for some more home shops and pet shops. I so want to put in a garden at my cabin that will change seasonally, but with things that grow locally on the islands.
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 06:54 AM CDT
Your request is noted! The empty storefronts have bothered me for along time so new shops are in Mer'Kresh's future and I'm always interested in what people would like to see there.

Mer'Kresh already has a pet store though!

GM Alvy
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 08:26 AM CDT
request a locksmith shop.

[Uzmam] "<chat>" "what you seem to not realize is that I'd love for Uzmam to be outed. That way she could have Divult finally apprentice her and I could learn those slips"
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 12:19 PM CDT
Considering Rissan history I'm not sure a locksmith shop would suit it although I can see the hardware store selling items like lockpicks. What sort of things would be needed from a locksmith?

GM Alvy
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 12:38 PM CDT
Lockpicks, possibly rings as well, I would think.

I guess blanks for carving? But that might be too much.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 12:39 PM CDT
I think 'Kresh could benefit from a General Store shop-type. I don't remember seeing one there at all my last time through.

Something like Captain Namazzi's would be adequate. Fitting with the island/sailor theme and would be a perfect place to sell some lockpicks, rings, and pockets/cases. Maybe a secret citizen-only (is penal colony "convict-only" a possibility?) room in the shop would offer expanded or "styled" merchandise? Maybe even split the standard General Store stuff and open a Survival Store shop-type as well. Waterskins, skinning knives, maybe even some crafting supplies.

I'm always down for more nautical/survival themes. There is allot to deal with between 'Kresh and 'Riss, pirates and deserts to name a few.

* SPLAT! * You destroy the annoying thing!
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 12:54 PM CDT
It takes all of a couple minutes to pull lockpicks off the Lun'Shele typically. Considering they're also the source of boxes, I'm wondering why people would think the general shop needs to sell lockpicks. If you're really desperate for the good stuff, head over to one of the islands that isn't so unfriendly towards the Thieves Guild.
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 01:19 PM CDT
>>Something like Captain Namazzi's would be adequate. Fitting with the island/sailor theme and would be a perfect place to sell some lockpicks, rings, and pockets/cases. Maybe a secret citizen-only (is penal colony "convict-only" a possibility?) room in the shop would offer expanded or "styled" merchandise? Maybe even split the standard General Store stuff and open a Survival Store shop-type as well. Waterskins, skinning knives, maybe even some crafting supplies.

This is kinda what I'm thinking for the future hardware store. The empty storefront has been there for years and its time it got a store to go with it.

>>Lockpicks, possibly rings as well, I would think.

>>I guess blanks for carving? But that might be too much.

The Rissan Council are all smugglers so I don't see the problem with putting in blanks if people want them.

>>It takes all of a couple minutes to pull lockpicks off the Lun'Shele typically. Considering they're also the source of boxes, I'm wondering why people would think the general shop needs to sell lockpicks.

You never know when more box dropping critters could show up!

Skinning and carving knives are on my list already as well as things like backpacks. So what would you like to see in the hardware store that would make life on M'Riss more pleasant?

GM Alvy
Degen 04/02/2012 01:22 PM CDT
Did someone speed up the boat? If so thanks.

- Buuwl
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 01:35 PM CDT
<<Skinning and carving knives are on my list already as well as things like backpacks. So what would you like to see in the hardware store that would make life on M'Riss more pleasant?

The Herbalist already sells carving knives, if you'd prefer to save some work.

As for other stuff...wood shapers maybe?

Also could we possibly get water from the wishing well?

Final bit:

<<The Rissan Council

Wouldn't mind seeing some evidence that they're about. A posted edict here or there, perhaps some thuggings for particularly disquiet lawbreakers.
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 01:55 PM CDT
Wood shapers are a good idea, I hadn't thought of those. Anything else along those lines?

I'd have to take a peek at the wishing well but I seem to recall the way it was built didn't allow for putting water in it.

GM Alvy
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 02:08 PM CDT
<<I'd have to take a peek at the wishing well but I seem to recall the way it was built didn't allow for putting water in it.

Any source of water would be good, but thanks!
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 02:22 PM CDT
There's nowhere to get water on M'Riss?

GM Alvy
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 03:57 PM CDT
<<There's nowhere to get water on M'Riss?

Not that I remember/have found.
Re: Mer'Kresh Shop Openings! 04/02/2012 04:45 PM CDT
Speaking of shop openings...

You say, "Greetings Keresky."
You ask, "Can I buy you some rum?"
Keresyk says, "Well hello there kinsmen, it's been a long time."
Keresyk says, "I have one but let me get you one."
You say, "I got me one but thanks."
You say, "Been spending a lot of time traveling."
Keresyk asks, "Had you been in the local forge lately?"
You say, "No, I have been crafting in the Crossings."
You say, "I have not been into the forge here long and long."
You say, "New style stuff in crossings."
Keresyk says, "Well its a good thing because we had to condemn the building and tear it down."
You exclaim, "What!"
You ask, "Tear it down?"
You say, "I spent half my life in there."
Keresyk says, "It was unsafe to allow people to continue to use it."
Keresyk says, "Although I was able to save pieces of it for our new Crafting Society."
You say, "Alwasy seemed good to me.. but the anvils, crucibles and grindstones had seen their better days."
You ask, "New crafting society?"
Keresyk says, "Some were still in decent shape."
You say, "Well that will be a blessing."
You say, "I would like to look that over."
You say, "Once I finish me rum."
Keresyk says, "I was planning on touring it to make sure Kapric has got everything up and working."
You ask, "Would you mind some company?"
Keresyk says, "When I finish my rum so I was glad to hear you had come home."
Keresyk says, "Not at all I'd welcome your input."
Keresyk says, "I've been handling things for my grandfather for awhile now."
Keresyk says, "He's getting on in years."
You ask, "Your grandfather?"
You ask, "Is he someone I know?"
Keresyk says, "Greetings kinsmen, I'm Keresyk Allvar."
Collain says, "Collain Rayner. I believe we've made acquaintance before, but I don't blame you. My memory's starting to go too."
Keresyk says, "You must have met my grandfather Misdilev over the years."

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Bit Player of M'Riss
Prev_page Previous 1 3