Prev_page Previous 1 3
Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 05:38 AM CDT
Greetings Gang!

Awhile back there were some posts requesting storebought weapons be added to the area. We have a ton of different storebought weapons and ammo ingame. which got me to thinking the other day.....what types of storebought weapons and ammo would benefit Rissan's the most? What about storebought armor?

Tell me your fav storebought weapons and ammo!

GM Alvy
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 07:19 AM CDT
for ammo, always running out of bolts, barbed arrows.

LT, HT weapons are always needed. ones that fit in a backpack, not spears, for ht.

And above all, make the shop stealable.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 07:41 AM CDT
Throwing blades would be great.
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 09:07 AM CDT
Some of the higher-quality bolts and arrows, as well as throwing blades would be excellent.

As far as storebought armor...I'm not sure. I think most Rissans are using crafted armor.
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 09:27 AM CDT
LT, HT weapons are always needed. ones that fit in a backpack, not spears, for ht.

Doesn't a short spear, and I'm probably butchering the name, a hrr'ata fit in a backpack?

Throwing blades would be great.

Do we have storebought throwing blades ingame now? Example please!

Some of the higher-quality bolts and arrows, as well as throwing blades would be excellent.

Higher quality storebought bolts and arrows? I'm not up on the various ammos so example please!

And above all, make the shop stealable.

This is always going to be a problem on M'Riss/Mer'Kresh due to the island's lore but that's something for a seperate thread. Let's keep this one about storebought weapons please.

What about blades and bows? Is a broadsword preferrable to a longsword? A scimitar prefferable to a katar? You get the idea!

GM Alvy
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 09:44 AM CDT
>>Do we have storebought throwing blades ingame now? Example please!

Wonderful, fantastic stacking throwing blades from right outside of Shard:
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Throwing_blade
sold by Survivalist Supplies

-Broichan Leshyahen
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 09:50 AM CDT
I love the hhr'ata, but its more of a s'kra weapon. due to the islands lore, the islands are considered haunted by the s'kra mur. <unlike muspar'i, where they sell said hhr'ata in the dark forge> it would be unlikely to be sold as such on 'kresh. You could just call it something like ... Throwing hammer, though. :-)

Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 09:51 AM CDT

Do we have storebought throwing blades ingame now? Example please!

survival shop by shard has 'em.

Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 10:33 AM CDT
As far as the hhr'ata for M'Riss we would have to go with something of similar design since we wouldn't add a s'kra weapon per se due to the lore so you're correct on that one.

Thanks for the tip on the throwing blades, I'll check them out!

GM Alvy
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 10:45 AM CDT
I would vote for broad-barbed arrows from the Shard Survivalist shop.
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 10:48 AM CDT
A transplant of the survivalist supplies shop would actually probably address most of the wants/needs of Rissans.
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 10:52 AM CDT
Throwing blades from Shard Survivalist Shop.
Golden tasseled spears from the Theren Keep Armory.

Thank you :)

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 11:39 AM CDT
Do the golden tasseled spears fit in a backpack?

GM Alvy
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 11:50 AM CDT
I don't believe so--They are two handed and I've only been able to fit them in long containers such as a backtube.

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 12:46 PM CDT
Good to know, thanks Leilond!

OK folks, how about blunts, blades and bows?

GM Alvy
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 01:32 PM CDT
It would be great to finally get ristes available to players. Think that's been talked about since long before I even moved out to M'riss.

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 02:02 PM CDT
Ristes are VERY cool. ~wink~

GM Alvy
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 02:05 PM CDT
>>Ristes are VERY cool. ~wink~

Hooray!

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: Feedback Time! 08/12/2011 07:22 PM CDT
<<OK folks, how about blunts, blades and bows?

Generally, I think most of the other weapons are best served by the templates from the Crossings weapons shop. It's what I usually buy if I need something storebought. Maybe throw in a bastard sword and bola (I think they're from Steelclaw Clan) and you'd be good to go.

I'll second the broad-barbed arrows and throwing blades as my top choices. Not only are those ranged weapons (throwns and arrows) the ones people are most likely lose (and thus have to replace most often), but the Survivalist Shop has a rotating stock that can really hinder one's ability to purchase them. I can think of more than a handful of people who has sat at that shop, waited for the appropriate item to show, bought a ridiculous amount, and sailed back to the islands.

Nikpack
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 12:11 AM CDT
<<OK folks, how about blunts, blades and bows?

Nisha short bows would be nifty - sold at El-Bain's stop in P2.
Perhaps some of the muspar'i S'kra themed weapons?

-Evran

Moongate, Ressurection, and Fire Rain, Oh my!
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 03:44 AM CDT
Some of the weapons that are player made only, or from some fest, would be cool. I know i would rather go there buy a 4 gold boomerang, rather than have to buy a 50 plat luminium boomerang of doom from the trader shops.
I think there are a few more examples of newer templates for the crafting system that don't have a store part counterpart. If some of these were lesser quality but easily replaced would be something i would be interested in, or even in some of the other shops around elanthia.
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 08:03 AM CDT
Alvy, got talk to the barb guild leader and ask about a Risti.. there is a weapon for you to sell on M'riss!

I know Magdar, I have one ~TEASE~ It's mine, all mine!!!!!!

Generally, I think most of the other weapons are best served by the templates from the Crossings weapons shop. It's what I usually buy if I need something storebought. Maybe throw in a bastard sword and bola (I think they're from Steelclaw Clan) and you'd be good to go.

I had forgotten about the bola, is it still a popular choice?

Nisha short bows would be nifty - sold at El-Bain's stop in P2.
Perhaps some of the muspar'i S'kra themed weapons?

Good suggestion on the nisha short bow but due to the S'Kra lore on M'Riss I don't see them stocking S'Kra weapons. The S'Kra ghosts may grab them and kill off the current populace! Hmmmmm, that has potential as a future hunting area. I need to remember that one!

I think there are a few more examples of newer templates for the crafting system that don't have a store part counterpart.

Any idea what they are or do I need to shake down Kodius about them?

Great suggestions folks! Keep em coming!

GM Alvy
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 08:20 AM CDT
>Any idea what they are or do I need to shake down Kodius about them?

Here's a list of all the possible weaponsmithing items currently released...another reason to wonder if Kodius ever sleeps.
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Weaponsmithing_Products

Kythryn
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 08:27 AM CDT
Alvy, there are quite a few weapons in the crafting book that don't have store bought counterparts that I am aware of...

a few off the top of my head... Pugio(Piercing LE), Dao(slicing LE), Boomerangs(LB/LT), Abassi(Piercing HE), Spatha (Slicing HE), Marauder Blade(Lighter 2HE), Flamberge(very heavy 2HE with a significant amount of impact), Gavel (LB), Ukabi(HB), Double Sided Ball and Chain(relatively light 2HB), Dire Mace (Extremely Heavy 2HB), Tzece(Halberd), and lots and lots of others.

Here's a link to the stats, if it helps.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiMnwP3Ca1asdGZmX0pIN3NmVHBQbWxLb0hvMTNCTHc

Illimin
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 09:06 AM CDT
Wow! Kodius never ceases to amaze me! I need to talk to him and see what the deal is on these weapons.

Are there any that peek your interest more then others?

GM Alvy
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 09:08 AM CDT
Is the Nisha short bow a S'kra weapon? I didn't realize there was any sizable S'Kra population in Therengia outside of Muspar'i.
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 09:14 AM CDT
Is the Nisha short bow a S'kra weapon? I didn't realize there was any sizable S'Kra population in Therengia outside of Muspar'i.

No it isn't so it's fine for M'Riss. M'Riss doesn't have alot of S'Kra there now due to its history and any S'Kra that go there now are periodically visited by S'Kra ghosts. The library has several books on Rissan history.

GM Alvy
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 09:44 AM CDT
Alvy,

When you're quoting someone, would you mind putting a > at the start of the sentence? The forums will but the statement in italics, and generally speaking people will know it's a quote. You're causing me a wierd cognitive dissonance when you ask/answer your own questions!

>Like this.
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 10:02 AM CDT
<<vy, there are quite a few weapons in the crafting book that don't have store bought counterparts that I am aware of...>>

<<few off the top of my head... Pugio(Piercing LE), Dao(slicing LE), Boomerangs(LB/LT), Abassi(Piercing HE), Spatha (Slicing HE), Marauder Blade(Lighter 2HE), Flamberge(very heavy 2HE with a significant amount of impact), Gavel (LB), Ukabi(HB), Double Sided Ball and Chain(relatively light 2HB), Dire Mace (Extremely Heavy 2HB), Tzece(Halberd), and lots and lots of others.>>

dao is sold on aesry
flamberge is sold in riverhaven weapon shop west side of town near pawnshop.
marauder blade is sold in shard.

other stuff dunno.

Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 10:02 AM CDT
<<No it isn't so it's fine for M'Riss. M'Riss doesn't have alot of S'Kra there now due to its history and any S'Kra that go there now are periodically visited by S'Kra ghosts. The library has several books on Rissan history.

I've read all of the Rissan history books I can find, so I'm fairly comfortable with the lore and the reasoning behind no/very few S'Kra on the island and the ghosts.

Anyhow, to chop what people have asked for:

broad-barbed arrows from Survivalist Shop
throwing blade from Survivalist Shop
Nisha short bow from El Bain's Stop
Milgrym's Weapons entire stock?
bastard sword from Steelclaw Clan
bola from Steelclaw Clan
pugios, daos, boomerangs, abassi, spatha, marauder blades, flamberges, ukabi, gavels, double-sided ball and chain, dire mace, tzece as craftable items without homes. (Although I think some of those might have been coopted as S'Kra weapons)
golden tasseled spears from Theren Keep
ristes?

Gonna go ahead and ask for the crossbow bolts (there's a few varieties, the thin steel-tipped and the blunt ones would be useful on Riss) from Rossman's Sticks and Stones.

My original thought was "I don't want to have to go to the mainland to resupply for hunting. Rissans are supposed to be fiercely self-reliant and it's a culture built on smuggling. Nothing should be out of reach on M'Riss." I wouldn't even mind being charged a premium on stock, although I'd prefer a citizenship discount if you go that route.
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 10:07 AM CDT

<<The S'Kra ghosts may grab them and kill off the current populace!>>

:-)

Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 10:56 AM CDT
Sorry if I confused anyone by not quoting with a >. I'll try to remember it in the future!

>My original thought was "I don't want to have to go to the mainland to resupply for hunting. Rissans are supposed to be fiercely self-reliant and it's a culture built on smuggling. Nothing should be out of reach on M'Riss."

This is exactly why I decided to ask the people of M'Riss their preferences before I decided to build. I could have just gone with a basic selection of storebought weapons, and that may be enough for some people, but I try to go that extra mile with any shops I add to the island's landscape.

GM Alvy
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 11:21 AM CDT
<<This is exactly why I decided to ask the people of M'Riss their preferences before I decided to build. I could have just gone with a basic selection of storebought weapons, and that may be enough for some people, but I try to go that extra mile with any shops I add to the island's landscape.

Thanks, Alvy.
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 11:45 AM CDT
>Milgrym's Weapons entire stock?

Probably not the entire stock, but a stripped down selection. Broadsword, scimitar, two-handed sword. For LE, I'd say put the jambiya in stock; LEs typically are either going to be puncture or slice, and it fills both. And the LEs in Milgryms are blah. Blunts: Mace, Mattock (or flail, they're interchangable to me). HB should be covered by the tiger-toothed morning star from Tiger clan instead of Milgryms, since the HB Milgryms carries are all the freakish 'you need 2 hands to use this but it only trains HB not 2HB' templates unless that's changed. I think people have covered LT/HT, so there's probably a pike in there somewhere, but a halberd, probably based on the short-hafted halberd from Theren keep since it will fit in a backpack, would fill a niche.

People have mentioned crossbow bolts, but no crossbows, so there's something to keep in mind.

Please remember: just because a post is 'new to you' doesn't mean we have any idea what you're responding to. Quotes is your friend.
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 11:57 AM CDT
<<Probably not the entire stock, but a stripped down selection.

Concur. That's why I question-marked it. It didn't seem useful to have all of those weapons available.

<<the HB Milgryms carries are all the freakish 'you need 2 hands to use this but it only trains HB not 2HB' templates unless that's changed.

Hahaha I forgot about that. Yeah, definitely do not want.

<<but a halberd, probably based on the short-hafted halberd from Theren keep since it will fit in a backpack

Why not just ask for weapon straps as well?

<<People have mentioned crossbow bolts, but no crossbows, so there's something to keep in mind.

Crossbows aren't varied enough for there to be any particular desireable model (that is not guild-only, in a Trader-only shop, S'Kra work, or otherwise unavailable). Milgrym's light crossbow is probably adequate. Might an interesting place to introduce a hunter's crossbow.
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 12:45 PM CDT
>Why not just ask for weapon straps as well?

Because straps and worn halberds are a contrivance and annoyance, and Alvy already seemed agreeable to putting in spears which specifically fit in a backpack. So I mentioned the only halberd template I'm aware of which will do the same.

Please remember: just because a post is 'new to you' doesn't mean we have any idea what you're responding to. Quotes is your friend.
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 12:48 PM CDT
the crossbows sold in shard aren't bad for store-bought <i.e. elothean silverwillow>. I concur with ucu's assessment of LE weapons. Jambaya would be nice, or leaf-blade sword from haven <also multi-purpose slice or puncture>.

Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 02:20 PM CDT
<<I had forgotten about the bola, is it still a popular choice?

It's my choice if I want a non-lodging thrown. I don't know if others agree or not. It's a nice alternative to the throwing blades.

Nikpack
Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 02:37 PM CDT
>It's my choice if I want a non-lodging thrown. I don't know if others agree or not. It's a nice alternative to the throwing blades.

Personally, for non-lodging LT up to 100 ranks, I've stuck to using a foraged rock. I've not passed 100 with this method yet though.

Re: Feedback Time! 08/13/2011 02:57 PM CDT
All this info really helps! The more info you give me to work with, the better I can build something that will meet people's needs.

When I was playing full time some of my pet peeves were HT (or any weapon) that didn't fit in my harness or pack and lodging LTs. I've always tried to avoid them in the merchant's I've made over the years.

GM Alvy
Prev_page Previous 1 3