No way out... 04/18/2010 03:06 PM CDT
I just want to say places you can get in to, but not out of suck. I was exploring the manor today and ended up dying in germish'din because I could climb in the sinkhole but not out. Also, I couldn't pick the door or climb the pile of ash. Did I miss an exit or are they all contests?

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: No way out... 04/18/2010 04:52 PM CDT
Did you try digging graves to head up to the manor grounds?

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer

I don't think we ever take the training wheels off as players or gamemasters.
-Inauri
Re: No way out... 04/18/2010 06:47 PM CDT
Agreed on the basic premise. If you plan to explore, always carry climbing rope and utilize appraisal for the skill boost. And be prepared to run.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: No way out... 04/19/2010 11:16 AM CDT
I would be more sympathetic if I hadn't done the exact same thing myself, in the days before the current Departure rules. My character spent days down there figuring his way out. Was one of the most fun times I have had in the game.

So yes, any room that a character can get themselves into but cannot get out is a bad idea. But the room you got stuck in has a way out even for newbies. Absolute worst case scenario nowadays- put your sword and shield away and let the Germies kill you and depart equipment.
Re: No way out... 04/19/2010 12:54 PM CDT
>>Absolute worst case scenario nowadays- put your sword and shield away and let the Germies kill you and depart equipment.

Yeah, I departed items before I even hit the ground. I didn't even think to try the grave, thanks for the advice though.

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: No way out... 04/19/2010 10:53 PM CDT
The furthest room w and nw is a no spawn room, you can safely dig through the grave there, once you get through there head southeastish and there's a tree you can climb then jump limb and you'll be back in zombies and bone wolves.
Re: No way out... 05/07/2010 01:32 AM CDT
<<I just want to say places you can get in to, but not out of suck. I was exploring the manor today and ended up dying in germish'din because I could climb in the sinkhole but not out

Was the climb out harder than the climb in or were you still trying "climb sinkhole" to get out? The climb out is "climb slope" I believe.
Re: No way out... 05/07/2010 08:03 AM CDT
>>Was the climb out harder than the climb in or were you still trying "climb sinkhole" to get out? The climb out is "climb slope" I believe.

There's barely a check to go in, the climb out is MUCH harder.
Re: No way out... 05/07/2010 11:04 AM CDT
>>There's barely a check to go in, the climb out is MUCH harder.

This as far as I can tell, I tried slope. I had Raniks up but I missed the grave you can dig out of, LOL.

~Sulakhan

~Miyamoto Musashi