Lady Arringdale's? 05/21/2008 03:22 PM CDT
[Chelsea Overlook]
The cobbled lanes converge and open into a large plaza that juts out over the dark silt banks of the azure river. Filigree iron benches welcome those passing the overlook to take in the magnificent vista. In the center of the plaza, a tall marble statue rises on a pedestal from an ivy-draped fountain. You also see a wooden sign, some plank steps and a weathered grey house.
Obvious paths: east, south, west.
>look at hous
>
You see nothing unusual.
>read sign
A wooden sign reads:
Coming soon - Lady Arringdale's Curiosities Shop!
>tilt my head
You cock your head.

So uh ... how old is this soon? I've been past there a number of times but just noticed it today.
Re: Lady Arringdale's? 05/21/2008 03:37 PM CDT
I used to live there and I've never noticed that sign either.

Neat.

Rev. Reene

Idon: Oh wow, you got a send from Solomon? You must feel special.
Me: Special in the way the Tiananmen Square guy must have felt special, yeah.
Re: Lady Arringdale's? 05/21/2008 04:25 PM CDT
I noticed also that the statue there bears the name Arringdale. I've moved away from the spot at the moment but it is a statue of a Elven man leaning on a telescope and looking out at the river. Bears the names D--- Arringdale IV. Can't remember the full first name.

I've asked around in game if anyone knows of the Arringdale family but have gotten nothing but blank looks so far.

Curiosity knowns no bounds.
Re: Lady Arringdale's? 05/22/2008 06:01 AM CDT
is it possibly any relation to the people that used to have the beauty shop <which closed when empath shifting became available>?

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Lady Arringdale's? 05/26/2008 10:22 PM CDT
No, that is/was Dira'ela Lloriena's Beauty Salon (which, even as an Empath I wish the shop was still open. Cutting your hair is about the most mundane non-magical look changing activity I can think of. )

The future shop and the statues are the only mention of the family I've found so far.