YET another reason to hate Leth. 10/06/2007 02:15 PM CDT
Died this afternoon on the STR at the trail to bone wolves. Being Leth, I just departed as soon as I hit the ground.

Woke up in the bloody river clan area!

WHY?

I'm 15 steps away from the Leth Temple and I end up there?

Someone please consider fixing this.

I was lucky. By the time I found my way back to Leth (approx 10 full minutes since I had to find a map after getting lost in that place) my weapon and shield were still on the ground and my grave was still intact.

But a trip that far is bad.

-=Dirge. The diamond ring on the Greater Fist.=-
Re: YET another reason to hate Leth. 10/07/2007 06:09 PM CDT
It could be worse, you could be fire sprites near Dirge and end up in Riverhaven where at low swimming levels you have to take the ferry back to your grave site.

Re: YET another reason to hate Leth. 10/07/2007 07:18 PM CDT
>> It could be worse, you could be fire sprites near Dirge and end up in Riverhaven where at low swimming levels you have to take the ferry back to your grave site.

Ahh I rembember the first time I departed there. Had no account in riverhaven and had to ask for money, stark nekkid.

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: YET another reason to hate Leth. 10/07/2007 09:06 PM CDT
yeah, i remember plenty of times dyin in crocs before you could swim back and forth, and departing to haven. was a pain.

i really wish you could choose which direction to depart to.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: YET another reason to hate Leth. 10/08/2007 02:34 PM CDT
You really shouldn't have to choose, no one wants to depart to riverhaven.
Re: YET another reason to hate Leth. 10/08/2007 06:01 PM CDT
Unfortunately, those on the south side of the river are physically closer to Riverhaven, which is why you depart there - Dirge is actually about 100 miles away (it's hard to tell from the path, I admit).

-Linda / Danalae
Re: YET another reason to hate Leth. 10/08/2007 07:40 PM CDT
>>Unfortunately, those on the south side of the river are physically closer to Riverhaven, which is why you depart there - Dirge is actually about 100 miles away (it's hard to tell from the path, I admit).

100 miles? Wow, can our characters run fast or what?
Re: YET another reason to hate Leth. 10/08/2007 09:27 PM CDT
>Unfortunately, those on the south side of the river are physically closer to Riverhaven, which is why you depart there - Dirge is actually about 100 miles away (it's hard to tell from the path, I admit).

Unfortunately, we don't really care, the mechanic just plain sucks.
Re: YET another reason to hate Leth. 10/09/2007 08:06 AM CDT
Departing in the fire sprite and skeleton's crook area is as clean an example as I can think of where "playability" should trump "realism". Fine, Haven is closer, but seriously, you should depart to Dirge.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
Keeper of the CEC
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: YET another reason to hate Leth. 10/09/2007 07:08 PM CDT
>>Departing in the fire sprite and skeleton's crook area is as clean an example as I can think of where "playability" should trump "realism". Fine, Haven is closer, but seriously, you should depart to Dirge.<<

Seconded.

And don't forget the Leth area too.

-=Dirge. The diamond ring on the Greater Fist.=-
Re: YET another reason to hate Leth. 10/16/2007 11:55 PM CDT
thirded. lets not make the game so "real" that it becomes unplayable.
Re: YET another reason to hate Leth. 10/23/2007 03:25 PM CDT
Considering that you've departed to Haven from there since forever and crocs used to be the place to hunt, I wouldn't really call it an issue that makes the game "unplayable."

It is a minor annoyance, though.