War 04/09/2004 03:23 PM CDT
Get yer selves ready Raenilar and Co. are makin a B line Straight for you guys on their way to Shard...

Roughneck Deagar
Re: War 04/12/2004 04:25 PM CDT
Yes the cavalry of Zoluren has been doing everything we can do to prepare for the eventuality of the outcasts going through Leth. If you would like to join us, we'd like as many limbs as you can bring to the pier.

The newsboy wakes up and changes his position. "Invasion Rumors. Ain't
that something?" he remarks to no one in particular, and goes back to sleep.
Grishnok says, "Grishnok say already, Grishnok no forget. Grishnok do what asked."
Re: War 04/12/2004 10:53 PM CDT
What of the Therengian military that has been displaced from Therengia due to the attacks north, have they been assigned anywhere, do they assign themselves or as willing/unwilling "guests" do they fall under jurisdiction of Prince Vorclaf due to treaty with Therengia? Just curious as they could perhaps be a welcome addition to Leth's defenses.
Re: War 04/13/2004 10:49 AM CDT
We're again placed in Therengia, Due the the fact we slaughtered all Occupying forces there..... We are awaiting our Orders on what to do next.

Roughneck Deagar
Re: War 04/13/2004 02:27 PM CDT
Can folks get into Riverhaven now?
Re: War 04/13/2004 02:29 PM CDT
yup i'm sitting there right now.

smelly cat musta had a kitten. theres 2 of them there now.

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: War 04/13/2004 02:40 PM CDT
<<we slaughtered all Occupying forces>>

chuckle
Re: War 04/13/2004 02:40 PM CDT
Excellent news! Thanks :-)
Re: War 04/13/2004 07:10 PM CDT
Smelly cat had the Baby a while ago....

Roughneck Deagar
Re: War 04/14/2004 07:05 AM CDT
>smelly cat musta had a kitten. theres 2 of them there now.

LOL.. too funny. I've heard people use that expression sometimes too when referring to someone who is stressed. Don't have kittens.. ::snicker::

-Daxy
Storytelling - The War of Tears 12/09/2010 07:19 PM CST
The Lorethew Mentor Society is pleased to announce a group storytelling session with its focus on the Elven-Human War, also known as the War of Tears. Bring your own stories, songs and legends passed down to you from your great aunt's cat-sitter and have a chance at winning a prize! This event will take place on Sunday, December 12th at 8:00 PM Eastern in the heart of Leth Deriel -- inside the Sana'ati Dyaus Drui'tas at the center of the city. Bring your friends!

I will be personally hosting this event and I hope to see as many people as possible. Here's how it works: I begin by explaining what the topic is, in this case it's the Elven-Human war so I give some light background on that (so I don't steal someone's story) and then I tell a story of my own to help break the ice and set an example. Stories can be one of a few things:

a. Factual History - This is a story that is based on established game lore, spun into your own words.

b. Non-Fictional Folklore - These are original player-created stories that are NOT established game lore, but also fit within the parameters of DR lore. So it's a story that could be true, it could be a story of the war from your parent or grandparents perspective. It boils down to something that could be true and published in game, but currently is not. These are some of my favorite.

c. Myths - Stories that are completely fictional and could not reasonably be true with the knowledge we currently have. I do not encourage anything that is out of character, strongly references out of character, or is clearly a transparent attempt at bringing something out of character into the game. (i.e. Tiero Vader met Lanival on the middle of the battlefield and said, in his pitch black plate mask, "Lanival I am your father.")

There are gifts for everyone in attendance and there is an additional gift for everyone who gives an honest effort at participation. The event will run 60-90 minutes. The last one had an amazing turnout and ended at about 90 minutes when we cut it short.

Hope to see you there!

- Terra
Re: Storytelling - The War of Tears 12/09/2010 11:01 PM CST
>>(i.e. Tiero Vader met Lanival on the middle of the battlefield and said, in his pitch black plate mask, "Lanival I am your father.")

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.