More Temple Suggestions 05/26/2009 05:36 PM CDT
One thing I think would really help people get around the temple is if the entrances and exits were more obvious.

It would be neat if the staircases were in the room objects. (You also see a staircase which leads upward.)

Some of them are, some of them aren't. Some stairs don't tell you in the room description whether they go up or down (you have to look at them). They are alternately called "staircase" "stairway" "stairs" etc.

I guess it would just be nice if things were a little more consistent. Also, it would be cool if you could tell where the stairs lead by looking at them, though that may be asking a bit much I suppose. Right now some of them say things like "The curved staircase vanishes from vision as it gently slopes down to the lower section of the temple."

If this could say "The curved staircase vanishes from vision as it gently slopes down toward The Eyes of the Thirteen" that might help people figure out where they are and where the stairs go.

-- Player of Szrael --

You grip the oversized book hanging from your leather belt and survey the area with a hint of malice in your eyes.

With a violent cross-body motion, you draw your oversized book.
Re: More Temple Suggestions 05/26/2009 07:42 PM CDT
true that, i just have stairs, staircase, stairway, etc hilighted. would be simpler if all were the same.

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there
Re: More Temple Suggestions 05/26/2009 11:31 PM CDT
There's a technical limitation there, given that the stairs are all plain-jane. If they used the same consistent noun, then in the places where you have two (one upwards and one downwards) you'd never be able to tell which one you were referencing.

Of course, this is all pretty easily fixed anyways just by adding adjectives.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: More Temple Suggestions 05/26/2009 11:38 PM CDT
I would like it a lot if instead of HOLDING our favor orbs (and therefore risking breaking or losing them) we only had to have one in one of our containers. :|

Rev. Reene

Reene: tie a scimitar to your fist.
Kystrk: that would just be unrealistic
Reene: because jump kicking someone from hiding and vaporizing their skull is super realistic
Kystrk: I was wearing footwraps
Re: More Temple Suggestions 05/26/2009 11:45 PM CDT
>I guess it would just be nice if things were a little more consistent. Also, it would be cool if you could tell where the stairs lead by looking at them, though that may be asking a bit much I suppose. Right now some of them say things like "The curved staircase vanishes from vision as it gently slopes down to the lower section of the temple."

Playing devil's advocate (wish I got a retainer), how would you know where they went? Assuming you'd been there enough for your character to know where they went, wouldn't you the player remember?

Stairs sloping down, sure.
Stairs sloping down to x ... eh.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: More Temple Suggestions 05/27/2009 12:15 AM CDT
>>how would you know where they went?

How do you know where you are ? How do you know the names of every street, the name of every place you visit, even if you've never been there before and arrived there via moongate?

-- Player of Szrael --

You grip the oversized book hanging from your leather belt and survey the area with a hint of malice in your eyes.

With a violent cross-body motion, you draw your oversized book.
Re: More Temple Suggestions 05/27/2009 12:52 AM CDT
>How do you know where you are ? How do you know the names of every street, the name of every place you visit, even if you've never been there before and arrived there via moongate?

Street signs?

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: More Temple Suggestions 05/27/2009 07:04 AM CDT
>how would you know where they went?

Out near Cougars if you're climbing that tower there are:
You also see some steps leading up and some stairs leading down.

What if all the world's inside of your head
Just creations of your own?
Your devils and your gods
All the living and the dead
And you're really all alone?
Re: More Temple Suggestions 05/27/2009 07:48 AM CDT
<<There's a technical limitation there, given that the stairs are all plain-jane. If they used the same consistent noun, then in the places where you have two (one upwards and one downwards) you'd never be able to tell which one you were referencing.>>

nope, shard has a place thats like that, and you climb stair UP or climb stair DOWN.

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there