Helpful Priests/Acolytes/Monks 05/19/2009 03:21 PM CDT
Since the Temple is now being frequently used as a Triage location, I was wondering if it would be possible to stop those helpful priests who come to people who depart to the temple to lead them outside.

In a triage situation, these generate tons of scroll, and seem impossible to actually just dismiss. Even allowing them to be helpful and following them outside doesn't blunt their tenacity.

I think it'd be much nicer to simply include the temple in the directions system, or to have the helpful priest simply give directions outside. I believe this system predates the handy door to the favor altar, so it used to be important and have a place, but most people nowadays can find their way outside from the favor altar reasonably easily.

If nothing else, a way to dismiss them if they are unneeded would be appreciated.

-- Player of Szrael --

You grip the oversized book hanging from your leather belt and survey the area with a hint of malice in your eyes.

With a violent cross-body motion, you draw your oversized book.
Re: Helpful Priests/Acolytes/Monks 05/19/2009 07:51 PM CDT
not to mention, a true beginner would be umable to access the "helpful priests", as they would mot know where to go to get favor orbs in the first place to get into the temple area. I think this mechanic should be moved outside of the temple complex altogether.

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there
Re: Helpful Priests/Acolytes/Monks 05/19/2009 07:58 PM CDT
The priests she's talking about isn't the favor tour guide guy, they are the NPCs that show up and ask you if you're lost and guide you out of the temple if so.

I don't think they're really necessary anymore either. Please axe them?

Rev. Reene

The black panther growls, "Are you blind Tachid? Kill Caelumia."
>
Tachid says, "SHE HAS BLUE FIRE"
Re: Helpful Priests/Acolytes/Monks 05/20/2009 04:48 AM CDT
The temple helpers will now only go to young players as originally intended, and only after a much longer time so that there is a better chance they are actually lost.

GM Grejuva
Re: Helpful Priests/Acolytes/Monks 05/20/2009 04:52 AM CDT
Woohoo! Thanks.

Rev. Reene

The black panther growls, "Are you blind Tachid? Kill Caelumia."
>
Tachid says, "SHE HAS BLUE FIRE"
Re: Helpful Priests/Acolytes/Monks 05/20/2009 06:26 AM CDT
younger players? so our necro-commoners still have to tell them to shoo!

i just wish there was a toggle. :-)

No, i don' want any help, i'm here to put rotten mutton in da holy water....

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there
Re: Helpful Priests/Acolytes/Monks 05/20/2009 07:02 AM CDT
agreed, i want a way to dismiss em, i know my way around the temple pretty well, having them run up to me every other minute is grating

--
If life doesn't need intelligence,
Then why should intelligence need life?
--
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Legeres
http://www.myspace.com/ledge_ear_us
http://legeres.deviantart.com
Re: Helpful Priests/Acolytes/Monks 05/20/2009 09:25 AM CDT
Excellent! Thank you!

-- Player of Szrael --

You grip the oversized book hanging from your leather belt and survey the area with a hint of malice in your eyes.

With a violent cross-body motion, you draw your oversized book.