A Q&A About Tref Bain/Landfall 04/17/2016 07:52 AM CDT
Hi all!

A bit back the player of Whiteburn emailed in asking questions about the island of Tref Bain, and its main settlement, Landfall. With Whiteburn's permission, the following is based off of her questions and my responses to them:

>>Hello! Player of Whiteburn, here.

>>The recent discussion about events on the forums has got me thinking.

>>Would characters from the outside know about Landfall?

If they're deeply involved with fishing / dockwork or Drogor worship, I'd say that they'd absolutely know at least some of what we've already put on E-pedia, and could easily be justified in knowing all of what we have up there at least as 'rumors'. That's a big reason why we put that stuff out there!

>>Do they do any trading at all with the mainlands, or islands of Qi?

Yes they do! The Landfall Dock in the Crossing is actually exactly where the majority of 'contact' with people from Landfall would occur. They aren't very welcoming or chatty, though, and the only people who come are the ones who operate the fishing boats. They do not stay or indulge in anything like 'shore leave'. They simply unload their fish and head right back on out to sea. If they were caught in a storm that would seemingly prevent their return, they would still head back out, leaving it to Drogor to choose to kill them or allow their return.

>>Would pilgrims go to explore shrines of Eluned and Drogor elsewhere?

Extremely, extremely unlikely.

>>Since they're mostly human as well as being isolationist, would they look down on and/or mistrust non-humans who follow the same path?

Not really any more than they'd look down on or mistrust anyone else from off-island. If anything, they'd be by and large slightly more favorable towards outsiders who worship the gods of the waters, regardless of their race.

>>They have peaceful relations with the nearby Prydaen hubs, I assume, but are they friendly to one another or just sort of have a curt "You stay over there and we'll be over here and there won't be any trouble" sort of agreement?

Their relationship is actually kind of complex, and best left to in-game findings. It's not something that the people of Landfall have spoken much at all about where any outsiders could hear (as of now, anyway). The Prydaen may have a bit more information in this area, though, due to some of their more recent events (check out info on/from the GMNPC Rayureko).

>> Are the priests more tribal in nature?

Landfall is known to be a small-ish town. The exact nature of their worship practices and cultural tendencies is not yet known to outsiders, though.

>>Will they be happy to see that people from outside the settlement also worship Eluned and Drogor?

This one you'll have to wait to find out!

>>Will their methods be so different that they clash?

Ditto on the waiting here!

>>Would they have heard of her (Whiteburn), or vice versa?

It's safe to assume that The Prophet and the rest of Landfall's clergy were extremely interested in the goings on related to Drogor's Wrath being felt upon the masses of the mainland and would know at least a little of anyone prominent during those events.

>>I'd also like to learn more about The Prophet, as he seems like a dynamic character from what I've heard so far. Is there anything else at all that could be divulged about him?

Not right now, no, but more will come as we release the area.

>>Do you think he (The Prophet) will ever make an appearance as an NPC?

Almost certainly.

Thanks again to Whiteburn for writing in and for giving the go-ahead to use her email publicly like this! As always, if anyone has questions related to events, please feel free to write to DR-EVENTS@PLAY.NET with them, or post on the forums.

-Persida