Taxes 01/20/2006 04:36 PM CST
Something bothersome, is that I left Elanthia for a very long time, and while I'm lucky to still have
a body to return to, I am unlucky to have 30,000 in taxes. I don't really even remember what citizenship
was about it has been so long that I have been gone.

I don't suppose the tax office has a refugee policy, or leniency for amnesia victims, or anything of the
sort.

Jobbernowl the Occasional Tourist
Taxes and such 02/04/2007 04:18 AM CST
Just a thought about citizenship.....

Was hoping maybe that with the taxes that you might be able to get some benefits that I think everyone would enjoy. For instance....

If you're a citizen of Therengia, then whenever you visit the autopuff Srela, you wouldn't have to pay for healing. (or any of the auto puffs)

If you're a citizen of Zoluren, then you could spend TDP's in Crossing without having to shell out any kronars, but at the same time, if you end up training something in another then you would pay.

I think having taxes cover health care and education in your home province would be a boost to citizenship, and if the cost of taxes get raised because of it, then I would still be in favor.
Re: Taxes and such 02/04/2007 05:31 AM CST
>I think having taxes cover health care and education in your home province would be a boost to citizenship, and if the cost of taxes get raised because of it, then I would still be in favor.

What is this, Canada?

Aveda's Field Guide
http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Hot hot hot scripts, Antique P5 maps, a macro tutorial, skill & stat training advice, and plenty of Bardly goodness.
Reckus and Reckus NB updated: 11/29/2006 Do you have the latest version?
Re: Taxes and such 02/04/2007 11:44 AM CST
I like the idea of reducing auto empath fees. Now that I can make it from one end of Therengia to another without taking a ferry, I'm wondering if it's still worth the 3500 lirums a month.

~Thilan
Re: Taxes and such 02/04/2007 07:21 PM CST
If you have a job, you'll notice a medicare tax. So, yes, taxes pay for healthcare. And not just in Canada or England.
Re: Taxes and such 02/04/2007 07:38 PM CST
we are STILL waiting for some type of benefit for being citizens of Muspari <Velaka>.

Right now we're still paying taxes - defaults to THERENGIA by the way <dirty humans>, while we don't get reduced fare for the therengian barges and such.

Schvartzgonif, desert pirate
Bagsodoks, Desert trader of sraan mhhg.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Taxes and such 02/05/2007 07:26 PM CST
>>If you're a citizen of Therengia, then whenever you visit the autopuff Srela, you wouldn't have to pay for healing.

>If you're a citizen of Zoluren, then you could spend TDP's in Crossing without having to shell out any kronars, but at the same time, if you end up training something in another then you would pay.

I could see a reduced rate (Co-Pay) more than not having to pay at all.

>If you have a job, you'll notice a medicare tax. So, yes, taxes pay for healthcare.

Or if you collect social security. ($1,062.00/yr. is paid to medicare on SSA.)

>I've always found it irritatingly interesting that so many (of every single race) claim to be orphans in Elanthia. ~ Bambina
Re: Taxes and such 02/06/2007 10:06 AM CST
Now why would Srela heal for free? The poor thing has to eat yanno!!!

GM Alvy
Re: Taxes and such 02/06/2007 10:11 AM CST
Be nice if she healed a wider range of wounds, including scratches and scars, etc. There are times in the night you simply cant find a player played empath.

Farewell, remorse: all good to me is lost; Evil, be thou my good.
~Paradise Lost (bk. IX, l. 171)
Re: Taxes and such 02/06/2007 01:15 PM CST
>>Now why would Srela heal for free? The poor thing has to eat yanno!!!

Not for free, but subsidized under the Therengian Universal Health Care Plan Act of 379 AV. According to article 5, all Therengian citizens are entitled to a 20% discount on health care fees charged by resident healers, to be paid to Srela and Fraethis in escrow out of the citizen tax collection pool. Didn't you get a copy of the bill?!

It would be nice to see more citizenship perks in Therengia -- perhaps a discount on renting boats on Lake Gwenalion. Those dang Zolurenites get to ride their ferry for FREE!

>>Be nice if she healed a wider range of wounds, including scratches and scars, etc. There are times in the night you simply cant find a player played empath.

She'll heal everything visible as long as you haven't eaten any herbs. She won't touch things that herbs have healed even a little.

~Thilan
Re: Taxes and such 02/07/2007 01:47 AM CST
>>She'll heal everything visible as long as you haven't eaten any herbs.

Or if they're death scars, just like every other autopuff.

You are Malkien, a dashing Barbarian. Huzzah!
You are Apis, a legendary Cleric in your own head.
You are Ragesong. What sort of Kaldar is a Bard, anyways, doofus?
You are also Pellazan (WM), Essatariol (Ranger) and running out of sig space.
Re: Taxes and such 02/07/2007 02:45 AM CST
Not for free, but subsidized under the Therengian Universal Health Care Plan Act of 379 AV. According to article 5, all Therengian citizens are entitled to a 20% discount on health care fees charged by resident healers, to be paid to Srela and Fraethis in escrow out of the citizen tax collection pool. Didn't you get a copy of the bill?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

GM Alvy
Re: Taxes and such 02/07/2007 11:46 AM CST
while you're here and replying, any idea on some sort of benefit for Muspari <velakan> citizens?

cause we're paying more than therengians, but don't get a discount on the barges or stuff. Even though our taxes get collected by therengia.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Taxes and such 02/07/2007 03:35 PM CST
>>while you're here and replying, any idea on some sort of benefit for Muspari <velakan> citizens?

Free faceshield or spittoon?

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Taxes and such 02/07/2007 08:15 PM CST
well, its not like my thief takes the barge anyway--she cuts thru rossmans, as do most of my TF people that i managed to script enough swim/climb...but my traders caravans can't cut thru rossmans.And its not only 65 lirum for a trader. each time he goes on it with a loaded caravan its 385 lirums.

Re: Taxes and such 02/08/2007 12:20 PM CST
I take care of Theren and the islands so I'm not really up on the citizenship in Muspari. You might want to drop a post in the Muspari folder so Porlock will see it.

GM Alvy
Re: Taxes and such 02/08/2007 07:47 PM CST
our muspari taxes are COLLECTED by theren.

damn human smoothskins...