Lift bug in Ratha 07/18/2019 09:54 PM CDT
Yes, some of us actually use the lifts in Ratha. The following bug has been happening for quite some time, and I admit that I've been abusing it, but my conscious has finally caught up to me so I thought I better let you folks know. This bug happens with all the lifts.

The lift comes to a stop, swinging slightly on the sturdy chain.
>eat stem
You take a bite of a stem.
That was the last of your stem.
>look
[Ratha, Oakbow Road]
The great oaken lift wends its way up and down, hauling people and cargo all the hours of the day and night. Being closest to the government quarter, all manner of petty officials, couriers, hangers-on and an endless stream of petitioners make their way here, each wrapped in his or her concerns and heedless of the bustle all about. You also see a rock, a small fire, a rusty nail, some jadice flowers, a rock and a lift guard.
Obvious paths: north.
>go lift
The guard waves you onto the lift, saying, "Good evening Citizen, go right in."
[Ratha, Lift]
The polished oak floor is marred by the travel of wheeled carts and inconsiderate animal owners. Despite the poor behavior of some travelers the lift is well-maintained and operates nearly flawlessly.
Obvious paths: out.
The lift operator says, "Hello, Odoi, and welcome aboard!"
>peer out
You peer out and see ...

[Ratha, Amakra Close]
A pair of stone nagas rise to either side of the great lifts that lead to the upper tiers. The constant drone of the lift is only intermittent now during the quiet hours of night, and guards in nearby posts doze sporadically. Sailors and merchants frequent the bazaar at this time of night, seeking trinkets for the lovely ladies that catch their fancy. You also see an oak lift and a lift guard.
Obvious paths: south.
>out
You ramble out.
[Ratha, Amakra Close]
A pair of stone nagas rise to either side of the great lifts that lead to the upper tiers. The constant drone of the lift is only intermittent now during the quiet hours of night, and guards in nearby posts doze sporadically. Sailors and merchants frequent the bazaar at this time of night, seeking trinkets for the lovely ladies that catch their fancy. You also see an oak lift and a lift guard.
Obvious paths: south.

As you can see, before the lift has left, if I leave the lift, I come out at the lift destination. This doesn't happen all the time and I suspect it only happens every other time. It did become a problem once when I was leading someone around Ratha. I got on the lift but they didn't, so I went to get out of the lift and end up at the destination. They then got on the lift and didn't see me so they got out of the lift but were still at the starting point. The left while in motion doesn't allow me to get out of it, but it is when the lift is "docked" that I can sometimes abuse this bug. Usually I peer out to see if out leads me to the destination or starting point before I go out.

Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other. Eric Burdon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/evil