Crossing Thieves Guild 10/03/2018 01:06 PM CDT
I have noticed some issues with the Crossing Thieves' Guild with regards to the XML for rooms. It seems that rooms that have multiple descriptions(day/night) don't load the same in the Main Game window and the Room window. I took a look at the raw data and it looks like the Room Desc XML does not come across the same.

Here are two examples:

<streamWindow id='main' title='Story' subtitle=" - [Thieves' Guild, Hallway]" location='center' target='drop'/>
<streamWindow id='room' title='Room' subtitle=" - [Thieves' Guild, Hallway]" location='center' target='drop' ifClosed='' resident='true'/>
<component id='room desc'>Lit by grey-tinted oil lamps is a broad ebonwood arch carved with a midnight cityscape, a narrow steel doorway and a thick wooden door propped open with a brass spittoon. Overhead is a clouded glass mosaic skylight that matches the grey silk curtain leading to a shop along the northeast corner of the hall.</component>
<component id='room objs'></component>
<component id='room players'></component>
<component id='room exits'>Obvious exits: <d>south</d>.<compass></compass></component>
<component id='room extra'></component>
<resource picture="0"/><style id="roomName" />[Thieves' Guild, Hallway]
<style id=""/><preset id='roomDesc'>Lit by grey-tinted oil lamps is a broad ebonwood arch, a narrow steel doorway and a thick wooden door. Overhead is a clouded glass mosaic skylight that matches the grey silk curtain leading to a shop along the hall.</preset>
Obvious exits: <d>south</d>.
<compass><dir value="s"/></compass><component id='room players'></component>
<prompt time="1538195285">></prompt>
<nav/>
<streamWindow id='main' title='Story' subtitle=" - [Thieves' Guild, Alchemy Kitchen]" location='center' target='drop'/>
<streamWindow id='room' title='Room' subtitle=" - [Thieves' Guild, Alchemy Kitchen]" location='center' target='drop' ifClosed='' resident='true'/>
<component id='room desc'>Below a centrally located skylight sits a Wayerd pyramid. A thick column of leaded glass obscures the view to the outside world without blocking sunlight to the pyramid. A wide iron stove sits beside a fountain fed by a steady stream of water pouring from the wall. Nestled within it is a water clock.</component>
<component id='room objs'>You also see a thick wooden door and a silver waste bin.</component>
<component id='room players'></component>
<component id='room exits'>Obvious exits: none.<compass></compass></component>
<component id='room extra'></component>
<resource picture="0"/><style id="roomName" />[Thieves' Guild, Alchemy Kitchen]
<style id=""/><preset id='roomDesc'>Below a centrally located skylight sits a Wayerd pyramid, a surrounding column of leaded glass obscuring the view to the outside world. A wide iron stove sits beside a fountain, a water clock nearby.</preset> You also see a thick wooden door and a silver waste bin.
Obvious exits: none.
<compass></compass><component id='room players'></component>
<prompt time="1538195285">></prompt>
The Wayerd pyramid emits a low humming noise as the sun's rays shine down on it.
<prompt time="1538195288">></prompt>

For the Alchemy Kitchen for example, the component id 'room desc' is: Below a centrally located skylight sits a Wayerd pyramid. A thick column of leaded glass obscures the view to the outside world without blocking sunlight to the pyramid. A wide iron stove sits beside a fountain fed by a steady stream of water pouring from the wall. Nestled within it is a water clock.
While the preset id 'roomDesc' is: Below a centrally located skylight sits a Wayerd pyramid, a surrounding column of leaded glass obscuring the view to the outside world. A wide iron stove sits beside a fountain, a water clock nearby.
Re: Crossing Thieves Guild 10/03/2018 02:56 PM CDT
Have you maybe got RoomBrief set to on? I'm not sure how well it plays with with the room window.

A lot of rooms have different descriptions based on whether or not you have that toggled.

--
Re: Crossing Thieves Guild 10/04/2018 06:50 AM CDT
> Have you maybe got RoomBrief set to on? I'm not sure how well it plays with with the room window.

I tested this in "normal" rooms (not a thief), but RoomBrief, Description, and RoomNames do not affect the xml stream to the room window. This is actually quite nice b/c I can turn off rooms to the main window to reduce scroll but still have all that info in the rooms window.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Crossing Thieves Guild 10/12/2018 12:58 PM CDT
It was RoomBrief in that particular room. I turned it off and have not had any issues. I noticed the same thing in most Thief Guild rooms