Therengia provincial borders 07/24/2018 09:12 PM CDT
I bugged this in game but figured I'd post here too, but I'm not even sure if this is technically a "bug" and is probably just a really annoying way the province borders are figured on the back end.

Probably about eight months or so ago I won the monthly Premium raffle and was rewarded with a treasure map and fluffy arm pouch that held it. And then promptly canceled my account and just now reactivated it and got around to using the map.

I was in the Crossing and it told me it was to the north east. So I headed to Dirge and it told me it was directly north. So I go up to Riverhaven and it tells me its directly east. I keep heading east until I cross the pier into the Deer Trail area outside Zaulfung, at which point it changes to "nearby". I take my circle 24 Barbarian all through Zaulfung and Maelshyve's Fortress, all the while being told it is "nearby" but can't find it. I use that Map Searcher website and find three rooms with the correct exits in the area that I missed while fleeing for my life from Cinderbeasts and Hierophants and other jerks trying to kill me, so I go back and try them and nothing. Thinking I may have another one of the legendary maps that point people to a room that doesn't actually exist, I Assist. When the Host shows up he tells me it is leading to a correct room so I ask him if it was in Maelshyve's Fortress and Zaulfung area because I searched every room in the area and that is the only area directly east of Riverhaven(I think Throne City is also, but I went there and it said it was directly west as soon as I got off the barge).

He reacted like I was completely and utterly wrong and was out of my mind and just gave me a hint that the area is "not fun to visit and really hot year round". So I went back to Dirge and eventually discovered it on the North Road, Lava Fields(directly SOUTH of Riverhaven and very much nowhere near Zaulfung, where the map told me it was "nearby"). I know the area north of Dirge is technically part of Therengia(I don't know where the border actually is, but I know its south of the ferry somewhere), but something seems wonky about the whole situation with where the game thinks that area is compared to Riverhaven and its surrounding areas.
Re: Therengia provincial borders 07/24/2018 09:22 PM CDT
Sorry for the double post, but that chest had four more maps in it and the first one I tried did this to me. This is about five rooms southward of where I found the first treasure chest. Something is weird about where that area thinks it is on the map.

>read map
>
The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located well above sea level, and snow-covered trees surround the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing north and west. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is directly north of here. Judging by your surrounding environment, you will find the treasure in this province.
[If you think you've found the treasure, you can STUDY the map to see.]
>north
You go north.
[North Road]
The sound of horses and camels calls your attention to a cluster of stone buildings to the south, bringing thoughts of warm food, cold drinks, and clean beds. To the north, the route climbs over a small hillock of frozen lava and continues onwards toward two monstrous volcanoes barely visible through the dust and haze.
Obvious paths: north, south.
Room Number: 1233
>
read map
>
The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located well above sea level, and snow-covered trees surround the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing north and west. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is directly south of here. Judging by your surrounding environment, you will not find the treasure in this province.
[If you think you've found the treasure, you can STUDY the map to see.]
>
Re: Therengia provincial borders 07/24/2018 09:43 PM CDT

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Zone_map

Check that out, might clear up some of your confusion.
Re: Therengia provincial borders 07/25/2018 04:03 PM CDT
<<I bugged this in game but figured I'd post here too, but I'm not even sure if this is technically a "bug" and is probably just a really annoying way the province borders are figured on the back end.

Yeah this is a longstanding "feature" that I don't think could be fixed without spending a lot of time or rewriting the game's world completely. I remember talking with a friend long ago about how on a map, like Ranik's or Kythryn's, they appeared south of us but something (I forget what it was) IG told us they were east. Or how gweths (before the ESP upgrade) could be heard between the Lava Fields and Throne.

It's frustrating, but like the parser not being able to work with characters whose name start with MY, I try and work around it best I can when it shows up.

<< Map Searcher website

Mind sharing that please? I don't seem to recall the address for it.

Nikpack
Re: Therengia provincial borders 07/25/2018 04:48 PM CDT

http://drservice.info/Maps/
Re: Therengia provincial borders 07/25/2018 08:29 PM CDT
Thank you!

Nikpack