Re: Raif 12/19/2016 07:59 PM CST
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'm having a bit of trouble interacting with Raif in Ratha. Regardless of how I ask him for a lockpick, he simply pulls up his cloak and disappears:

You see Raif FirBolger, a Human.
He has dark brown eyes, balding grey hair that is loose, and pale skin.
He is mature for a Human.
He is in good shape.

He is wearing a dark black hooded cloak, some weathered and stained brown hunting leathers, some brown suede boots, a leather sack, a small black enameled sheath, and a silver ring.

> whisper raif for lockpick
The Raif ignores you.

> ask raif for lockpick
Raif pulls up the hood of his cloak.

> look
[Ratha, Deadman's Run]
The decent houses and fairly well lit street indicate that this is a step above the slums. A few couples and lone Gor'Togs are out and about, though the couples don't seem too interested in anything but each other.
You also see a plain stone block house and a cozy hickory frame cottage.
Obvious paths: northeast, south.

Would be less of a problem if it weren't a long ride back to the mainland for lockpicks. Any chance Raif declines to interact with certain classes, e.g., Clerics, Paladins?

Thanks--

###You start towards a massive sea mammoth, but realize it isn't properly equipped for transporting a white guinea-pig.
Re: Raif 12/19/2016 11:04 PM CST
It's been a while since I got a lockpick from Raif, but I seem to recall that it was tricky getting them from him because the way to buy a lockpick from him wasn't so obvious. I just wish I could remember what to say to him to get a lockpick.

Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. Calvin Coolidge
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c
Re: Raif 12/19/2016 11:43 PM CST
Try waiting about a minute and try finding him in whatever adjacent room he's moved to and Ask Raif for lockpick. You can't abbreviate. Word is the raising the hood is a normal part of him moving on. I guess he'll only sell you lockpicks when his cloak is down for a limited time in each room?

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Raif 12/20/2016 09:04 PM CST
No dice. Whether it's a minute or a second after he reappears, he pulls up his cloak and immediately hides at the moment the command goes through.

EDIT: I'm still running with the Paladin theory. Doesn't seem to happen on my non-Paladin.

###You start towards a massive sea mammoth, but realize it isn't properly equipped for transporting a white guinea-pig.
Re: Raif 12/22/2016 08:31 AM CST
Just to clarify, this isn't a bug. Raif is just shy around a certain demographic.

GameMaster Nohn Essential
AGM -- Events Team -- Provincial Events Lead: Qi'Reshalia -- Premium Guru.
"Visit beautiful Qi'Reshalia, where the government really is run by the lizard people!"