Crossing GraveYard down under the crypt 09/13/2016 02:41 PM CDT
ok I find this kind of confusing just down the crack in the crypt

look
[Graveyard, Tunnels]
The ceiling and walls are mostly dirt aside from one bright patch of cracked marble overhead. Two burning torches fixed to the ceiling in heavy iron brackets light up the tunnel with a deep reddish glow, glinting off bits of ivory bone and old wood in the walls. The tunnel slopes downwards and to the east, fading into inky blackness beyond the light. You also see a bronze coin, some copper coins and a ghoul.
Obvious exits: east, up.

assess
How can you when you can't see?

How can I see all the loot, critters, players and room description, but cannot see to assess my combat situation?
Re: Crossing GraveYard down under the crypt 09/13/2016 04:10 PM CDT
The darkness system in general is not pleasant. AFAIK, it's not a room bug as much it is a "what does flagging a room as dark do" bug.

There are rooms that are in total darkness (unless you have a light) where assess works, and there are rooms that are dark, but not dark enough to be total darkness, where assess doesn't work. Go figure!

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Crossing GraveYard down under the crypt 09/13/2016 09:49 PM CDT
This looks like you're using Genie? The way Genie parses variables doesn't really take into account darkness in many cases, so you can see things that players using StormFront will not. Mechanically the room is still dark, but genie doesn't recognize that so the room look still gets pushed through even though it gets squelched by SF. It ends up being a sort of a partial darkness.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Crossing GraveYard down under the crypt 09/15/2016 10:54 PM CDT

No I am using Stormfront