Banking services and/or Gem seller 12/23/2006 10:26 AM CST
Are there any plans to put in a bank or a gem seller so that travelers that get stuck there can get unstuck? Since the area has a hunting area and people can die there and it has shops and people can over spend, you would expect a bank and gem seller. Either that or make the skiff and ferry willing to add to people's debt if they don't have the coin to pay the fare.
________
Mists and Magic, Ocean Breezes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: Banking services and/or Gem seller 12/23/2006 10:04 PM CST
>Either that or make the skiff and ferry willing to add to people's debt if they don't have the coin to pay the fare.

Why stop there? Why not do this with every ferry? It would save a lot of hassle.
Re: Banking services and/or Gem seller 12/24/2006 09:18 AM CST
Doesn't the trader's outpost have some kind of bank/gem seller on the island?

flip
Flip what?

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Banking services and/or Gem seller 01/04/2007 07:15 PM CST
<<<Doesn't the trader's outpost have some kind of bank/gem seller on the island?>>>

Premie only. I'm not opposed to Premies getting benefits like extra banks, but it makes Ain Ghazal ultimately a major pain in the hiney for anybody who wants to spend any real time there that isn't an estate holder. Even if you don't die, and you're hunting there, eventually you have to go to Hib or River Clan to find somewhere to put the coin before it crushes and then kills you.

Frankly, the fact that Ain Ghazal HAS to be reached by Ship/Moongate makes me wince. I don't want to call it "poor design" in that it may be exactly what was intended, but between the services present, and absent, the island screams "headache" to me for non Estate Holders.

Alley Cat

Wait, if there are actual dragons it won't be a joke anymore. Then we'll have to rename the game Necrorealms. - Zonkar
Re: Banking services and/or Gem seller 01/04/2007 09:15 PM CST
>Frankly, the fact that Ain Ghazal HAS to be reached by Ship/Moongate makes me wince. I don't want to call it "poor design" in that it may be exactly what was intended, but between the services present, and absent, the island screams "headache" to me for non Estate Holders.

It's like the Leth of P5. Near the action, and worth a visit, but no reason to stay. Except the ferry ride is longer :(
Re: Banking services and/or Gem seller 01/05/2007 07:24 AM CST
>>It's like the Leth of P5. Near the action, and worth a visit, but no reason to stay. Except the ferry ride is longer :(

But at least there are coin dropping low level critters near by in leth if you get stuck

Strangeguard

http://www.vurtego.com/
Re: Banking services and/or Gem seller 01/05/2007 02:53 PM CST
Heck, put a npc in there with a job you can do and a way to earn coin off the place. Wash dishes, tend the garden, forage up herbs, something.

_______
Mists and Magic, Ocean Breezes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: Banking services and/or Gem seller 01/06/2007 04:57 PM CST
Better yet, put a pawnshop shop there. What, no coin for the ferry? Guess you're gonna have to pawn that Shadowsilk Cloak.

Re: Banking services and/or Gem seller 01/11/2007 07:51 AM CST
Yeah. There needs to be a gem seller or a bank or something....I'm currently stuck, thought I had enough for the trip but unfortunately I did not.

Dandon
Some Kind of Paladin
Re: Banking services and/or Gem seller 01/11/2007 07:58 AM CST
Perhaps setting up a fish buyer and some free poles would work.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Airanie whispers, "are you raising?"
>whisper air I don't deal with corpses.
Airanie whispers, "ah I'm sorry thought you were a cleric, my apologies"