Docking? 12/03/2006 12:56 PM CST
Any idea on when we'll be able to dock here?

-=Dirge. We've been kicking ash for centuries!=-
Re: Docking? 12/03/2006 02:03 PM CST
Phase 2. At this point, I would expect it after the holidays, unless it happens to be the case that Phase 2 is nearing complete emergence from QC.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Docking? 12/03/2006 02:59 PM CST
What exactly is phase 2 going to encompass?

Player of Pormithius
Re: Docking? 12/03/2006 04:55 PM CST
I would think Phase 2, or perhaps a latter phase, will include more towns as I noticed that one town on the Dragonrealms site map hasn't been introduced yet. Lets hope for more housing (though I'm no longer an Estate Holder) and more places to train stats, and a few new fish to catch.

Re: Docking? 12/04/2006 11:46 AM CST
>and more places to train stats

5 of the 8 are in Hibarnhvidar and 1 is just outside. A 7th is away from Hib. I haven't found the last one yet but haven't made the rounds of all the existing outside areas yet. My curiosity question would be why we would need more places? Do any other provinces have more than one location to train the same stat?

Asbhuan
Re: Docking? 12/09/2006 03:16 PM CST
>>Do any other provinces have more than one location to train the same stat?

Yes. Ratha & Aesry.

Brabs

Non Rangers practice a unique methode of locating people and places in cities......We ask directions - Mendasity
Re: Docking? 12/13/2006 07:38 PM CST
The trip from The Crossing to Ain Ghazal by ship is almost an hour. I'm not saying they shouldn't put a dock there, but I highly doubt it will be used since the land route is much quicker.

"The day is for honest men, the night for thieves."
-- Euripides
Re: Docking? 12/13/2006 07:43 PM CST
Yup. Only reason to dock your ship there is if you base yourself in Ain Ghazal and want to use her as a 'home'. It certainly not convenient for travel.
Re: Docking? 12/14/2006 11:21 AM CST
I dont know, has anyone actully timed how long it takes to get from crossings docks to ain ghazal by foot, using bothe the ferry and skiff? i wouldnt expect it to be that much less than sailing from corssing docks to ain ghazal, if its even less at all.

Id like to sail down there about 20 min faster, and have docks at river clan that are roughly 2/3 down the river. I would like that.
Re: Docking? 12/14/2006 11:32 AM CST
If it takes nearly an hour by boat as Kraelyst indicated you can do it in at least half that by ferry, foot and skiff. Haven't timed it to the exact minute. I need to head back to Hibarnhvidar soon. I'll try to remember to check a more exact timing. Everyone's time will vary somewhat given ferry timing and escaping skill for passing the mud between Leth and Taipa and it helps if you know where you are going. I haven't noticed too much delay on the skiff timing.

Asbhuan
Re: Docking? 12/14/2006 11:41 AM CST
The skiff alone is about 25-30 min

Strangeguard

http://www.vurtego.com/
Re: Docking? 12/14/2006 11:44 AM CST
Didn't recall it being that long. I definitely need to time it now.

Asbhuan
Re: Docking? 12/14/2006 11:47 AM CST
<<The skiff alone is about 25-30 min>>

yeah i only rode that once, then decided it was better for me to just head up from shard to Hib. Sounds like with the gondola it may be the same time, but its not to uncommon to get a gate across the chasm.
Re: Docking? 12/14/2006 11:50 AM CST
Hmm my experience is in Plat. I am going on the premise the timing is the same.

Asbhuan
Re: Docking? 12/14/2006 11:51 AM CST
You are sailing upriver you know.

-=Dirge. We've been kicking ash for centuries!=-
Re: Docking? 12/14/2006 03:11 PM CST
Yeah I know its upriver, that point might make sense if it was faster coming back than it is getting there...but its not.

In DR sense its a river. A long one with not a single stop between Alfrens and Ain ghazal. But really this seems to be becoming more of a topic for ocen travel folder so yeah. I'll conclude with...

Can we please dock now?
Re: Docking? 12/14/2006 07:23 PM CST
Tiger Clan is between Alfren's and Ain Ghazal.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Docking? 12/15/2006 05:35 PM CST
When I timed the skiff ride it was 20 minutes.

Donalisa says to Gylee, "love stinks"

Margrethe says to Donalisa, "You should bury them further from your window, or upwind or something."