Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 04/15/2010 03:00 PM CDT
As a long term resident of Aesry who will need to leave the island soon for harder critters, I can't help but wonder about the new hunting areas mentioned in the "2010 GOALS". Are there any hints that can be given on this subject? Are they planned to extend the Aesry hunting ranges upwards beyond Stalkers and Graverobbers? Or is the plan to fill in the low-end (pre bloodwolf) gaps? Are they new critters? Or have Celpeze been found along the eastern beaches or something? And when can we kill them?... Ok, I know I probably asked too many questions that you cannot answer. But would appreciate any info that is avaliable for the masses. Thanks!

Lhun
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 04/15/2010 04:24 PM CDT
One of them is a construct I hope!

~ Purehand
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 04/16/2010 05:16 PM CDT
Celpeze are not heading to Aesry, anything else you'll have to wait and see!

GM Alvy
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 04/16/2010 10:50 PM CDT
I expected an answer like that - but I still had to try! Count me in as excited. Any development to Aesry is good development. Thanks for at least acknowledging the question Alvy.

Lhun
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/17/2010 02:11 PM CDT
Heyo!

GM Alvy already answered the Celpeze question. I am not a huge fan of recycling existing creatures into new areas just to plug holes, so in general it is something I am going to try to avoid unless there is a specific reason to introduce a specific existing critter.

With that said, yes, two new areas are coming. As I mentioned in a post long ago, my long-term plan is to plug existing gaps before moving to higher levels. It isn't that I don't want to get some high level stuff out there (quite the opposite!), but I want to get a natural progression with the existing range first before adding even more gaps.

As to the new areas, I'll toss out a couple of teasers:

(1) One will include a critter that has been around a while now but has needed a home or two.

(2) One will be both a hunting area and include a little something for a guild that has needed a little support on Aesry for a while now, and is ultimately intended as a launching point for a shared guild system between two very unlikely partners.

- GM Dartenian

Though my soul may set in darkness it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night! - Sarah Williams
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/17/2010 02:14 PM CDT
>>(2) One will be both a hunting area and include a little something for a guild that has needed a little support on Aesry for a while now, and is ultimately intended as a launching point for a shared guild system between two very unlikely partners.

Sentinels?
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/17/2010 02:16 PM CDT
Nope. Sentinels is something else altogether. A partnership between bards and warmies isn't quite an unlikely one.

- GM Dartenian

Though my soul may set in darkness it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night! - Sarah Williams
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/17/2010 02:22 PM CDT
>>A partnership between bards and warmies isn't quite an unlikely one.

Yeah that's what I was wondering.

Can you comment on the progress of Sentinels? I think last we heard Bards were in QC but that was at least a year ago.
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/17/2010 02:23 PM CDT
Oh, Paladins and Thieves, there's an unlikely partnership.
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/17/2010 03:01 PM CDT
>>Can you comment on the progress of Sentinels? I think last we heard Bards were in QC but that was at least a year ago.

Yeah, I'm very curious about the sentinels status as well.

-=Issus=-
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/17/2010 03:04 PM CDT
Constructs?

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/18/2010 12:38 AM CDT
>>a shared guild system between two very unlikely partners.

Barbarians and anyone else?

I would guess Necromancers, but I suppose that is a little too unlikely.

Right now the Moon Mage place on the "combat pet totem pole" is the part that's sunk into the earth to lower the pole's center of gravity.
-Armifer de Dragonrealms
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/18/2010 12:54 AM CDT
Hee!

You'll never guess! Not everything in DR involves hokey religions and ancient weapons.

- GM Dartenian

Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/18/2010 12:56 AM CDT
>>hokey religions

Moon Mages

>>ancient weapons

Unknown.

Right now the Moon Mage place on the "combat pet totem pole" is the part that's sunk into the earth to lower the pole's center of gravity.
-Armifer de Dragonrealms
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/18/2010 07:19 AM CDT
Moon Mages and Clerics would be pretty unlikely. Most Moon Mages don't believe in the gods and the gods don't believe in Moon Mages!

Dierik

You also see a plovik leaf, a burly snow goblin, a chipped marble mortar, a chipped marble mortar and a grimy marble pestle. Look out! The snow goblins are taking up alchemy.
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/18/2010 09:43 AM CDT
> "hokey religions and ancient weapons"

Imperials? Heh... just making sure everybody gets the reference. ;)
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/19/2010 06:15 PM CDT

>>Imperials? Heh... just making sure everybody gets the reference. ;)

No, it's banthas! YES!!
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/19/2010 06:51 PM CDT
Han Solo??

First thing came to mind. He just wants a blaster anyhow?

???
/shrug
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/21/2010 01:40 PM CDT
Dragon Priests.
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/21/2010 08:47 PM CDT
Hint: The hint refers to the two unlikely guilds, or more specifically one thing they might have in common. Mwahahaha!

- GM Dartenian

Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/21/2010 09:05 PM CDT
Paladins and Necros. Pretty unlikely. I'm going with it. :D

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/21/2010 10:13 PM CDT
I think Kattena is onto something, but I'm going a step further.

Fallen (or Dark if that's what heretics are in DR) Paladins, and Redeemed Necro's. they are both guilded, and have limited use of their guild abilities.

This space for rent.
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/24/2010 02:45 AM CDT
But don't forget the next part

"are no substitute for a good blaster."

So they'll never be as good as Burn.

P.S. You should not ever allow me to mix my unhealthy obsession with Star Wars and DragonRealms (or is that unhealthy obsession with DragonRealms and Star Wars?). Neither of us will like the consequences.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi, Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 05/25/2010 01:56 PM CDT
....okay fine. Undead mountain bantha necromancers!
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 06/03/2010 10:52 AM CDT
Necromancers and Empaths would be my guess.
Re: Two new Aesry hunting areas (teaser) 10/12/2010 01:18 AM CDT
So what did this wind up being?