Spawn rates in snow goblins 07/11/2013 10:05 PM CDT
I have noticed that snow goblins spawn at a rate of 2.5 per person in the hunting area. with only one that rounds up to three which isnt bad but when more people come in it cripples the learning rate. in the last few days i have seen a single empath tie up the entire spawn of snow goblins simply by dancing with 4 and manipulating two. Thats the entire spawn caused my 3 people being in the area since the spawn rate rounds down to 2 per person when there is more than one in the area. I would like to see the spawn rate in snow goblins bumped from 2.5 per player to 4 goblins per person in there. that would make sure that there are more goblins to go around. Tier three snow goblins is even worse since its only 2 goblins per person. Im sure this is an easy thing to do and i really hope the GM thats running Aesry will look into it.

Luach
Re: Spawn rates in snow goblins 07/12/2013 08:29 AM CDT
A number of critters need their spawn rates looked at or even adjusted. I read a while ago they were working on something, but it probably got put on the back burner for something else.
Re: Spawn rates in snow goblins 07/12/2013 09:16 AM CDT
One of the GM's mentioned that there was a plan to make a system to dynamically adjust the spawn ratios based on the critter death rate. IIRC in this case the spawn ratio would have been increased slowly to compensate for the hunter who was dancing.
Re: Spawn rates in snow goblins 07/14/2013 05:12 PM CDT

To the north:
1) A hidden Empath
2) a toothy snow goblin
3) a malnourished snow goblin
4) a scruffy snow goblin
5) a mousy snow goblin
6) a dumpy snow goblin

thats what im talkin about there. its like this almost the entire day except for when thier script takes them to get repairs and do other things
Re: Spawn rates in snow goblins 07/15/2013 09:49 AM CDT
So what happened when you went to talk to them about it?
Re: Spawn rates in snow goblins 07/15/2013 10:30 AM CDT

nothing. i chilled in the room for about 5 minutes got most of the goblins to engage me before they got slept over and over got bored and left.
Re: Spawn rates in snow goblins 07/15/2013 10:41 AM CDT
>>nothing. i chilled in the room for about 5 minutes got most of the goblins to engage me before they got slept over and over got bored and left.

Next time try asking them to try killing a few so you can share the area's spawn. I've changed which training scripts I was running before when people have asked me to.

If you're sure that they're afk my personal suggestion is to step in and kill a few of theirs to get the mobs to spawn somewhere else. If you're against that but not reporting that's another option I suppose.

Either way I'd start with trying to talk to them next time. See where they stand on how they're messing up your spawn instead of just taking it and letting it ruin your training.
Re: Spawn rates in snow goblins 07/15/2013 11:44 AM CDT
You have to put some effort in to rectifying a situation, go talk to them and tell them what they're doing to your training. Most people would be willing to accommodate you. If not, kill their mobs and their text if it leads to it. The Empath isn't going to know there's an issue until you approach them about it.
Re: Spawn rates in snow goblins 07/15/2013 03:22 PM CDT
>>You have to put some effort in to rectifying a situation, go talk to them and tell them what they're doing to your training. Most people would be willing to accommodate you. If not, kill their mobs and their text if it leads to it.

This.
Re: Spawn rates in snow goblins 07/15/2013 09:15 PM CDT

i dont mind them dancing i mean heck how else are they gonna get skills? my main complaint was with the spawn rates not with an afk empath running a really good genie script. i did notice that she has stopped manipulating two goblins and just plays with the 4 that engage her while i have one to throw blades and my hammer at. not to mention its an empath. how is she gonna kill off the critters that are engaged with her?
Re: Spawn rates in snow goblins 07/16/2013 06:13 AM CDT
Guardian Spirit.
Re: Spawn rates in snow goblins 08/12/2013 04:59 PM CDT
I'll see if we can't take a peek.
No ETA on when, the plate gets deeper every day.

=GM Jhustis=
Logistics Minion
Muspar'i Guru
S'Kra Mur Champion
Orders Lead

=="The only place you'll find success before work is in the dictionary."==