Aesry Critter Ladder 01/25/2013 04:04 PM CST
For starters, I understand that everywhere needs work, and that one of the biggest issues in the game is HLcritters on and around the mainland. I'm not trying to steal anyone's development or say that this is an important request, but it's a request that I'm hoping ALVY or whoever is watching over P4 might see. And I'm opening up discussions, on how to improve this one little islands hunting ladders.

If you're looking to justify or argue that other places need more work, work to, or whatever, please don't bring it here. Topic - Aesry, Subject Critter Ladder. Good.

Now that that's out of the way, I think it's important to note that Aesry doesn't really need NEW areas or NEW critters. The critters just need to be adjusted to extend the ladder slightly. Also, I don't think it's reasonable to request critter teaching up to the 1000's because there are justifiably other places that deserve it more.

Here's what I kind of see as the stack of hunting now by ranks.

0-50 ranks - Nonexistent: but you really don't need it, because you should get 50 ranks before running off to the islands anyway.
50-100 ranks - Bobcats, Wolves Snowbeasts, Meys : these are fine, and do their job.
100-150 ranks - Snoblins(1), Crows, Weavers, Oshu(1)
150-200 ranks - Snoblins(2), Snoblins(3), Latimi, Oshu(2),UrHiki(1), Sharks(all), Reavers
200-300 ranks - Oshu (3), UrHiki(2), Ravens(1), Graverobbers, Elba Darvas
300-400 ranks - Stalkers, Dinegos, Ravens(2)
400+ - Hawfa

So if you look at this, we've got a huge concentration of critters smack dab in what is now considered moderate hunting.

I'd propose a few things, that should only effect Aesry, because these creatures are limited to those areas:

* Weavers: 150-250 (slight bump)
* Oshu(1): 175-225 (slight bump)
* Oshu(2): 200-275 (moderate bump)
* Oshu(3): 250-325 (about the same)
* Reavers: 225-325 (moderate bump)
* Stalkers:300-400 (Down grade)
* Darvas: 375-470 (big bump)
* UrHiki(1): 125-200 (down grade to perserve undead chain)
* UrHiki(2): 175-275 (down grade to perserve undead chain)
* Ravens(1)& (2): Make Skinnable like crows
* GraveRobbers: Tier with Ravens to cover up to 400
* Dinegos: 350-450 (upgrade to increase undead chain above robbers, and ravens)
* Hawfa: 425-500 (Fix)
* Sharks: 450-550 (huge bump) -the swimming to deal with them makes them tough for anyone to hunt with the ranks they require now.

Just a thought if anyone is listening.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Aesry Critter Ladder 01/25/2013 06:22 PM CST
There is no way you can hunt meys before 100 ranks. Even with insane op cleric buffs. I know full well EP says 90 to start. It's hogwash.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Aesry Critter Ladder 01/25/2013 06:38 PM CST
>>I know full well EP says 90 to start. It's hogwash.

I apologize, the undead critter ladder is some what foreign to me, but I know we get a fair share of clerics out there for it, and I didn't want to request something that would totally bork that up. Then Meys should be lowered, because you can easily hunt crows with 150.

Re: Aesry Critter Ladder 01/25/2013 07:31 PM CST
>I apologize, the undead critter ladder is some what foreign to me, but I know we get a fair share of clerics out there for it, and I didn't want to request something that would totally bork that up. Then Meys should be lowered, because you can easily hunt crows with 150.

Meys exist in at least 2 different locations (Zoluren, Aesry), but honestly, I'm not sure I'd mind them being made a tad easier regardless. They're tolerably hunty for the range, and that post-sprites area is sort of blech.

Re: Aesry Critter Ladder 01/25/2013 08:02 PM CST
You can take crows to 175+ easily as well. But I agree, Aesry still needs a lot of work. I'm fairly certain no one is monitoring this folder though... Those stairs need a lot of work.
Re: Aesry Critter Ladder 01/25/2013 08:15 PM CST
>>But I agree, Aesry still needs a lot of work.

It's not all that hard to tweak the critters, and I'm guessing with 3.0 there will be some tweaking going on across a lot of provinces.

>>I'm fairly certain no one is monitoring this folder though...

Oh, if I know Alvy, she's hiding back there somewhere plotting something evil to drop down on us good citizens of Aesry. All in good time.

>>Those stairs need a lot of work.

They are just plain broken. I really wish someone would just take a look and give us a "yep, they're broken, it's on the list". It's made running any type of stealing run a lesson in avoiding the stairs.

Re: Aesry Critter Ladder 01/25/2013 08:41 PM CST
>It's not all that hard to tweak the critters, and I'm guessing with 3.0 there will be some tweaking going on across a lot of provinces.

I get the impression it's a bit more complex than all that. Probably easier in 3.0, like so many other things, but not exactly 'change a light bulb' easy.

Re: Aesry Critter Ladder 01/27/2013 11:00 AM CST

Uh oh. Now you've done it. She's probably planning for those stairs to become the new Undead Walk of Heroes, with undead attacking during roundtime! Gwend
Re: Aesry Critter Ladder 01/27/2013 10:58 PM CST

Can you open the Aesry stairs?