Requests for Aesry 09/01/2011 03:19 PM CDT
A few things I'd like to see done on Aesry.

1)A society for stone carving or metal working. We got a forge that is well useless now.

2)The arena in the town to be functional, Where we could go in and have tournaments of jousting or melee? (Would have The Iron Circle hold events there often)

3)Graverobbers not to drop everything when you loot them, I just want their coins and boxes not every type of backpack and dagger they have.

4)More awesome critters and areas to explore.

~Yarrius
Aesry the place to be
Re: Requests for Aesry 09/01/2011 04:45 PM CDT
>>3)Graverobbers not to drop everything when you loot them, I just want their coins and boxes not every type of backpack and dagger they have.

I think that most mobs that grab stuff off the floor are automatically set as LOOT ALL to prevent anyone from inadvertently having their important thing X get picked up by them and then have it vanish into the mists as a result of their backpacks not going away. Scavenger trolls work the same way.
Re: Requests for Aesry 09/02/2011 09:56 AM CDT
>>A few things I'd like to see done on Aesry.

1) 100-125+ circle critters
2) Fishing shop in town
3) Faster travel time on the night sky between Ratha and Aesry (2 hours is silly) - Or swim it?
4) Lybadel needs a time review to Haven
5) Pirates (or some of the higher level pirate types) on the docks (and lybadel)
6) Critters between bloodwolves and snoblins
7) Ranger Trail from one side of the island to the other
8) Bungalow shop for premies
9) A shrine to Everild
10) Bin re-locations (example: outside the gate at the base of the stairs, or over in the highlands, or a hole at the curtain)
11) Adjustment of shopping mechanics so you don't get asked several times to buy a 50 lirum item
12) Willowbee needs to save his money and better fund himself, 2 trips to stalkers and I run him out of cash.
13) Make Ravens skinnable! It's silly that crows are, but Ravens aren't.

Thanks!

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Requests for Aesry 09/02/2011 01:32 PM CDT
>>Critters between bloodwolves and snoblins

Would giving the snowbeasts their own area resolve this?
Re: Requests for Aesry 09/02/2011 01:39 PM CDT
<<Would giving the snowbeasts their own area resolve this?

I would agree. Moss Meys are the only other level critter and they are half a step up from snowbeasts.

Nikpack
Re: Requests for Aesry 09/02/2011 07:03 PM CDT
As far as I know this is the Aesry Hunting Ladder:

Critter Range Skin Box Bless?
Bobcat (1) 40 - 80 Yes No No
Bl. Wolf (2) 70 - 100 Yes No No
Snowie (3) 80 - 140 Yes No No
Moss Mey(4) 90 - 120 Yes Yes Yes
Crows 100 - 160 Yes No No
Snoblins 100 - 200 Yes Yes No
Weaver Unyn 110 - 130 Yes No No
Latami 130 - 180 Yes No No
Oshu 140 - 240 No No No
Frosties (5) 150 - 250 No Yes No
Ur'H...(6) 175 - 275 Yes Yes Yes
Sharks (7) 180 - 280 Yes No No
Reaver Unyn 180 - 220 Yes No No
Darvas (8) 200 - 250 Yes Yes No
Stalker Unyn 260 - 400 Yes No No
Ravens 240 - 350 No No No
GraveRobbers 250 - 350 No Yes No
Wir Dinego 300 - 420 No Yes Yes
Greater Raven 350 - 450 No Yes No
Snaer (9) 350 - 500 No No No

With the following corresponding to the number in the table

1)Spawn is poor and too spread out, need tighter, increased spawn areas, 3 sets of 4-6 rooms.
2) Need a half step in there... maybe a blood wolf and a snow wolf
3) Mixed with either goblins thrash you... or frosties really smash you at snowie level.
4) Not really all that worth hunting, needing blessed, and poor payoff
5) Magic using critters don't teach well enough to make them a great box trainer
6) Weapon stealing, and cursing make ranged unusable and the payoff for the cursing is a bit low
7) Unless your swimming is ungodly, and water combat gets fixed, these are a novelty
8) Magic using so don't train well
9) Completely unhuntable because of the spirit drain (for all but clerics really)

Given all of this, I would:

a) Split bloodwolves into two areas... mix bob and wolves in the first part, mix wolves and snow wolves in the second (or super spawn)
b) Mix snowies and snow wolves above the crevice... then go snowies and super spawn snowies around the cabin. Move frosties.
c) Move frosties and meys into a two part hunting area in the meys spot.
d) Fix magic using critters
e) Fix water combat
f) Make Raven Skinnable
g) Fix Snaer Attack, put Snow Mammoths in there to teach to 600-700 or so.

Honestly, the ladder isn't bad. I've gone from 40th to 90th out here, so I can't complain. But it could be better. I think a box popper would have a rough time because some of the box droppers are a pain.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Requests for Aesry 09/02/2011 07:09 PM CDT
Ur Hhrki'izh and Wir Dinego are both corporeal, so don't require a bless. Hafwa are incorporeal, so do.
Re: Requests for Aesry 09/12/2011 04:54 PM CDT

>>the ladder isn't bad

You're right, the ladder is excellent, until you get to the top. When you keep in mind that Dinegos only spawn at night, graverobbers have crappy daytime spawning, greater ravens are pains to melee, and hafwa spirit attacks are deal breakers for hunting them, you can see that you're forced off Aesry to learn well before the absolute top of it. And I hate having to go elsewhere.
Re: Requests for Aesry 09/14/2011 10:39 AM CDT

This table is really well done and I know I and I am sure others would love to see tables just like that for all of the hunting areas on islands and mainland alike :).

great job.

Seems a lot more accurate than some of the info on Elanthepedia too (im not complaining guys coz you do a great job there).
Re: Requests for Aesry 09/14/2011 10:42 AM CDT
>Seems a lot more accurate than some of the info on Elanthepedia too (im not complaining guys coz you do a great job there).

Feel free to update it then. It IS a wiki for a reason. :P

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Requests for Aesry 04/19/2012 10:43 AM CDT
I know this thread is a bit old but I'd like to support the idea that a forging society is added instead of the old forge. Miners today have to go to Reshalia or the mainland and that is a bit annoying if you have no private ship or like to nag moon mages all the time.

And may I suggest a ranger friendly forge for once? Perhaps a more primitive style kinda one in the Hemlock forest or something like that. I don't see why it's fair that rangers cannot forge (or even just smelt their finds) without loosing their bonus.
Re: Requests for Aesry 04/19/2012 01:27 PM CDT
Noted!

GM Alvy
Re: Requests for Aesry 04/20/2012 03:11 AM CDT
Also I'd like to add a general request for open-sky forges, or (especially) forges with windows.

And please, please turn off the no-teleport zone in them. I hate no-teleport zones.

-- Player of Eyuve