New Baby Boy 10/25/2007 03:12 PM CDT
Corey Patrick, born October 23rd, 2007 at 7:41 AM EST. 7 pounds 1 ounce, 20.5 inches long.

http://www.thatsmybaby.net

Click on "Baby Websites", enter code #: 067-98487 (If you care to take a peek.)

Corey, player of Master Ndin.
Re: New Baby Boy 10/25/2007 03:33 PM CDT
Congratulations!

Re: New Baby Boy 10/25/2007 03:59 PM CDT
Thank you. His older sister (my 16 month old daughter) is as jealous as some Dragonrealms players when it comes to other guild abilities, but she'll get over it. At least she plays nice with him. She likes to come over and pet him on his legs or his head (I try to avoid letting her rub his head due to a newborns weak skull and their soft spots on the head), and if I don't watch her carefully, she'll go from rubbing him to trying to smack him. Luckily, she's only done it twice, and I caught her hand before she could hit him both times. She means well (most of the time) Im sure, she just isn't old enough to realize everything involved.

Since he was born Tuesday morning, I don't think I've heard him cry more than 2-3 times, which is perfectly acceptable for me and my wife, as our daughter was the exact opposite when she was born. As soon as he starts to wake up, if its around time to eat we just give him the bottle. If he's hungry he'll eat, otherwise we'll wait for him to whimper a little bit before we feed him. Haven't had many problems yet. Im just so happy and proud, I had to tell everyone that reads this section of the forums.

-Master Ndin, proud father of one girl and one boy, and no more.
Re: New Baby Boy 10/25/2007 05:43 PM CDT
Congratulations! He's adorable!

~Dulcinia

[Mvorn] "Dulcinia is the only woman I would allow myself to cheat on my wife with, she's dreamy"

Not everyone comes here to hug and smooch and give pretend birth on the floor of the bank in Ratha.
-Galren Moonskin
Re: New Baby Boy 10/25/2007 06:18 PM CDT
Thank you! Surprised anyone actually looked at the picture hehe.

-Master Ndin
Re: New Baby Boy 10/25/2007 06:29 PM CDT
He looks like he's pondering life and the world as he knows it already. I think you have a budding philosopher.

Congrats!

GM Reexa

Re: New Baby Boy 10/25/2007 06:55 PM CDT
NOT A MOON MAGE!

I can't resist baby pictures. Of course I looked!

~Dulcinia

[Mvorn] "Dulcinia is the only woman I would allow myself to cheat on my wife with, she's dreamy"

Not everyone comes here to hug and smooch and give pretend birth on the floor of the bank in Ratha.
-Galren Moonskin
Re: New Baby Boy 10/25/2007 06:56 PM CDT
Awww. <3 congratulations.

Rev. Reene

Reene: Hey Idon, you remind me of this guy named Ed I used to know.
Idon: Oh my god stop being mean and OOC you jerk.
Reene: Yeah, see, he was a spazzy moron too.
Idon: Hmmph.
Re: New Baby Boy 10/25/2007 07:08 PM CDT
Congrats on your new release!

Solomon

"Experience will come, it's not a race or anything. The ones who kill themselves to get to the finish are the ones who tire out quickly."
http://www.myspace.com/simutronicsdragonrealms
Re: New Baby Boy 10/25/2007 08:41 PM CDT
Thanks to everyone for all the Congratulations. As much as my wife hates me playing the game, I think she'll enjoy reading this forum at least, and perhaps it will help cheer her up a bit. A way to distract her from the pain of sorts.

-Master Ndin
Re: New Baby Boy 10/26/2007 10:31 AM CDT
Congrats!

I find myself saying this a lot, but teach him sign language. In case you don't know, infants can understand and communicate in sign language much earlier than they can speak, but it also helps develop the language center of the brain for when they do speak. Generally infants who are taught to sign early also begin speaking earlier.

A friend recently had a baby, and within about 3 or 4 weeks it was able to sign for basic things like "hungry," etc. Yes, weeks. That's an abnormally early case, mind you, but it can happen. It has really helped several friends out when the inevitable question of "why are you crying?!?!" comes up.

Here's a link or two with some more information, as well as a list of basic signs and how/when to teach them:

http://www.handspeak.com/tour/kids/index.php?kids=teachinfants
http://www.signwithme.com/002_browse_signs.asp

Congrats again!

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: New Baby Boy 10/26/2007 10:37 AM CDT
>>A friend recently had a baby, and within about 3 or 4 weeks it was able to sign for basic things like "hungry," etc. Yes, weeks.

That's really neat! Thanks for sharing.

'When someone pushes your buttons, you're acknowledging what you have disowned.' -Dr. John Martini
Re: New Baby Boy 10/29/2007 03:02 PM CDT
Wow, congratulations! He is adorable.

That is fascinating about sign language.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Re: New Baby Boy 10/29/2007 05:44 PM CDT
Congrats!

>I think you have a budding philosopher.

Sure he's not asking the photographer where his electric guitar is?

And about the signing, if you don't keep it up as they get older they'll forget - which isn't always a bad thing, people used to ask me if my daughter was deaf.

Bambina
Re: New Baby Boy 10/31/2007 06:09 PM CDT
<<Sure he's not asking the photographer where his electric guitar is?>>

Hey, many musicians are philosophers, so he might be doing both.

GM Reexa

Re: New Baby Boy 10/31/2007 09:50 PM CDT
Well, if he is gonna be a musician, he's definately not the lead singer, or any other vocal role. He barely cries when its time to eat, and sleeps like 20 hours a day. The other 4 hours are spent eatting or being burped, and occasionally he'll stay awake for 30 minutes at a time just looking around while laying on his back. I'd almost forget he didn't exist if it weren't for all the feedings every day.

My daughter had colic when she was born and used to cry 12-16 hours (her record was 19 hours straight) every day, so this is definately a happy relief from how it was last time.

I've got to say he is probably the best newborn baby I have ever experienced. He wakes up, lets out a wimpy little cry, eats, gets burped, and goes back to sleep for another hour or so. That's mostly his cycle all day except for the 1-2 times a day he spends looking around exploring the world from his back.

-Master Ndin, father of the worlds easiest newborn.