A special thanks to the simu-family 09/02/2005 07:20 PM CDT

To The Simu-Family,

Like so many other souls that stumble blindly into the world of Elanthia, I would like to share my sincere thanks to simutronics for the joy this game has brought me over the past couple of years. A few years ago I had to retire temporarily from my job as a paramedic because I became ill with lung cancer. I was told this condition was terminal and that I should enjoy what little time I had remaining. Like many I would assume I was stunned and grieved for myself. I lost the will to live and I lost interest in just about anything life had to offer. My fiance at that time also found it necessary to leave because she could not handle the burden of my illness. I gladly set her free because I would hardly expect many to be able to handle her situation. After many chemo sessions and the sickness that accompanies this foul treatment, loss of a loved one, loss of my hair <chuckles>, and my inevitable feeling of impending doom I was sure that there was not anything left and I was gladly ready to depart, if you will. This is when I stumbled into Dragon Realms.

I can not tell you how much happiness Dragon Realms has brought to my life. The game gave me a whole new reason to get up in the morning. I found myself looking forward to waking up in the morning and playing. During chemo sessions and stays at the hospital I dreamed of myself in Dr playing and thought about what I needed to do to circle or what land I would go to explore next. Dr kept my illness and loses off my mind and kept me busy during that time. A few surgeries later and a miracle apart the tumors were removed, with a lung and I was getting better. Through the extensive rehab I had to go through again DR was there to help me through it and keep me busy. Now people may complain, piss, moan, and groan but the fact of the matter is I will always remain faithful to this establishment mainly because the game was there for me for the whole ordeal. The game was what gave my mind a place to be when the place I was in became to intolerable. I also feel that my character Aroamer being able to fight those creatures was my own metaphor for being able to fight this disease. Thank you simutronics for providing me with a place to bury my anguish. Thank you for giving me hope. Thanks for being there.

Moving on, after some time I met my most beloved Marie aka Laeorna. She was my friend, my hunting partner, someone to share bad times and good times, and became in the end the person I love the most. She was a ranger like me and enjoyed all the same things that I do. Most importantly she knew my situation and didn?t care. She fell in love with me because of who I am and did not care what I had been through or what the illness had done to me. It takes a special person to be able to handle this situation and she is in fact a very special person. We spent a lot of time together then she invited me to come out to California. I lived in NC and it was a long trip, but well worth the effort. We fell in love, I moved out there and helped her relocate to NC where we presently live. We still play DR together, we still love each other to death, and were getting married next year. Thank you simutronics for introducing me to such a special person. Thank you for providing such a great service that you attract the most beautiful of the heart and mind. Thanks again for being there.

Presently, I am all cancer free. I work full time and am back on the truck as a registered paramedic with Randolph County EMS. Marie is currently starting her own business and we are both extremely happy. Now I understand to most this may be a very cheesy post, but let me tell you something right away. This place is more to me than just a game. It got me through hard times and introduced me to the person I love most in world. It helped me to survive during a time I thought I could not. Again, it is hard for those of you that have never dealt with this to understand. It may be just another game to you, but to me it is home and it is also where my heart is. I will always be loyal to simutronics and DR for the service they provided for me and how they helped me even though it was indirectly.

Recently, Marie and I drove through St. Louis on a trip and had intentions on visiting simutronics. We were in a car wreck that prevented us from staying overnight to visit, but we left a note on the door. We received a email a few days later from simu hoping we were okay and thanking us for trying to stop by. They said maybe another time they would love to see us again to give us a tour of the place. Come on guys, these people care about their customers. You can say what you want about them, but the fact is they care about their service, they care about us, and they put a great deal of time and effort into giving us a comfortable place to live our dreams. They help us be the people we always wanted to be, but never could due to our jobs, illnesses, or handicaps. Even if they don?t realize it they provide so much happiness to so many lives. I know this has been a long post and I could go on and on. it actualy took me a couple of days to decide what I wanted to say to you all. Honestly, I don't have the time to say the things I want to and no words can express how we both feel. Marie and I love you guys so much and we thank you for everything you do. We look forward to many more years with DR and many more good times.

Sincerely,

Tim and Marie
AKA
Rangers Aroamer and Laeorna Dondire of Elanthia

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
Mark Twain
Re: A special thanks to the simu-family 09/02/2005 08:07 PM CDT
Definitely sorry we missed you Tim, but good to know you two got home safely.

Congrats on all the good news and we hope everything continues to go well for you. :)

Solomon

What's going on?
http://www.livejournal.com/~drbubba

Re: A special thanks to the simu-family 09/06/2005 07:54 PM CDT
Aroamer's post:

Aroamer! Congrats! You don't remember me, but I once complemented you on your name as I thought it was particularly ranger-like...and you complemented my last name and wished you had thought of it. I never see you in game, but I am so glad to read your happy news! Yes there are miracles, and DR has been one for many people.

Like you, I found DR while on disability and it has given me many many happy hours of enjoyment. I am so glad you met your soul mate and are getting married. I wish you all the best.

Zinaca Trailnigh

P.S. Come on Solomon! Least you can do is offer to bring the pizza when they show up! : P
Re: A special thanks to the simu-family 09/06/2005 08:01 PM CDT
<<P.S. Come on Solomon! Least you can do is offer to bring the pizza when they show up! : P >>

It was after 11pm on a Sunday or something like that. I was home. :P

Solomon

What's going on?

Re: A special thanks to the simu-family 09/06/2005 10:09 PM CDT
The real question is, Did you get your leaf back Solomon?

Stone Warrior Deagar,
Order of the Dragon Shield Council Leader
Re: A special thanks to the simu-family 09/07/2005 12:44 AM CDT
<<The real question is, Did you get your leaf back Solomon?>>

No...we were in the middle of crunch-time and mandatory overtime so I didn't get a chance to breath for two and a half weeks. I still have the list of demands though...

Solomon

What's going on?

Re: A special thanks to the simu-family 09/07/2005 06:30 AM CDT
<<No...we were in the middle of crunch-time and mandatory overtime so I didn't get a chance to breath for two and a half weeks. I still have the list of demands though...>>

<<Solomon>>

[Sshoi-sson Palace, Grand Approach]
The grand avenue that leads to the Palace is set with elaborate topiaries in the shape of mythical sea-creatures and stately coral formations. Even the path here glistens like the sea-bed. Well-manicured lawns sweep away to right and left, surrounding the edifice with a deep green carpet. You also see an elaborate gate.
Also here: Laeorna.
Obvious paths: north.

You ask, "Have you heard of anything of our demands Laeorna?"
>
Laeorna says, "I haven't heard a thing dear."
Laeorna says, "I suppose we'll have to find a higher bidder."
>get leaf
You get a leaf from inside your herb pouch.
>app leaf
The leaf feels pretty light.
You are certain that the leaf is so valuable that you could never put a price on it.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.
You focus your magical senses on a leaf.
The leaf surges and pulses powerfully with energy.
You are sure the leaf is some artifact with unmistakable power and strength.
Roundtime: 12 seconds.
>look at leaf
You see the magical leaf of Elanthia. The Mahogany-black scalloped leaf has a fine-penciled olive-green edge with a magenta-pink center.
Prominent purple-black veins run wildly through the leaf coursing with power giving off a soft coppery glow. You see something written on the leaf.
<read leaf
The leaf reads, "Val e' Sinta" roughly translated from ancient elven meaning Power in in knowledge.

Laeorna says, "I do so love this palace I never realized how nice it was, I look forward to living here."

You grin.

You say, "Okay Solomon, where's my crown to Ratha, my Leucs, my 100 circle, and my army?"

You tap a leaf inside your leucro hide pack.
Laeorna says, "I hear velmix or even raelinar pays well for artifacts that give them unimaginable power love."

Laeorna grins evilly at you.

You say, "I'll take in consideration that Solomon has been a busy man and give him some more time."

You look at Laeorna and ponder.

You say, " What's overtime?"

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
Mark Twain
Re: A special thanks to the simu-family 10/10/2005 09:50 AM CDT
Wow, that was really moving.

I to agree that DR has a lot of positive impact for those needing and escape from the real world. But that is here nor there, I just wanted to say that, that was an extremely moving post.

Rilely Strings
Progeny of Tezirah
Re: A special thanks to the simu-family 10/11/2005 06:27 AM CDT
I'm touched....

"Those who dance are thought insane by those who don't hear the music." -George Carlin

Rapidonia, player of.