Vegascon 2016 (Bringing Back the Old) 09/30/2015 07:46 PM CDT
Kelela and I have been talking about hosting another Vegascon in 2016 since it's been a while since we've had one.

DATE: Friday, February 19 thru Sunday, February 21, 2016

Here are our options:

1) No con fee and we just pick a convenient location to meet up at, like a hotel lobby or some other easily figured out landmark.

2) A $35-$40 con fee via Indiegogo and we get a room specifically for Vegascon to hang out in. We could post, tweet, or message somewhere once we check-in and get the room number assigned.

What's the interest in this, peoples?

Shenney
Re: Vegascon 2016 (Bringing Back the Old) 09/30/2015 08:01 PM CDT
I have interested if I can get the days off!

As for the options, I'm good either way.

~FGM Kaarina~
Wedding Lead

https://sites.google.com/site/dragonrealmsweddings/Home
Re: Vegascon 2016 (Bringing Back the Old) 09/30/2015 10:13 PM CDT
Still live here.. so just let us know and I am sure I can bring Deon and melissa along as well.
Re: Vegascon 2016 (Bringing Back the Old) 09/30/2015 10:26 PM CDT
I'm in! The last year I remember it being held was the year before I was able to get days off that time of year.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Vegascon 2016 (Bringing Back the Old) 10/01/2015 03:52 PM CDT
The given dates are firm so if it sounds like we'll have a small group, I think it'll be easier to go with Option 1 and find good landmarks to meet up at.

We're also open to hotel suggestions! Kels and I are thinking of Treasure Island for it's mid-range price and central location. We like to think that since we're no longer broke college students, we can afford something a bit nicer than the Sahara of old (plus the Sahara is gone and is now SLS). I can contact whatever hotel we pick and see if we can set up a group discount room block.

There's also talk about going to a Cirque du Soleil show as a group for funsies. Zarkana is the front-runner since it's a 'newer' show and most people won't have seen it.

Shenney
Re: Vegascon 2016 (Bringing Back the Old) 01/18/2016 08:26 PM CST
Just a quick update, we've shifted Vegascon to the Luxor as they had better room and suite rates. Dates are the same: Friday, February 19 thru Sunday, February 21, 2016

Hope to see you there!

~Kelela
Re: Vegascon 2016 (Bringing Back the Old) 01/18/2016 08:46 PM CST
I will see if I still have some of the old vegascon shot glasses in my garage somewhere. I know I kept a few. lol
Re: Vegascon 2016 (Bringing Back the Old) 01/19/2016 12:40 PM CST
That'd be awesome, I still have mine from my first year.

Additionally, I made sure there was a wet bar area in the suite I booked so we'll be able to make cocktails/drinks when hanging out as a group.
Re: Vegascon 2016 (Bringing Back the Old) 02/18/2016 10:04 AM CST

Heyo!

If you're coming to Vegascon, drop a note here if you'd like our number (it makes finding us easier).

~Kels