Where Was It? 03/22/2010 02:58 AM CDT
As the post title says, I tried to find it the weekend it was scheduled for, but I never managed to find anyone/anything VegasCon related.

March 5-8, 2010 at the Excalibur, correct?

~Kyn (Kynevon)

DR-SOCHARIS
Attempting to update appraisal is like sticking my head face-first into a bucket of angry weasels.
Re: Where Was It? 03/22/2010 01:57 PM CDT
Yep that is correct, You should have called me or Monique (both of our numbers were posted on the Vegas Con website) to figure out where we were to meet up. We had a lot of fun taking over Excalibur that weekend.

Maybe next year?

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: Where Was It? 03/23/2010 04:41 AM CDT
>>Yep that is correct, You should have called me or Monique (both of our numbers were posted on the Vegas Con website) to figure out where we were to meet up. We had a lot of fun taking over Excalibur that weekend.

Maybe a site with contact numbers? I checked the vegascon site, and it was a blog of some sort, no visible contact numbers. And the list of attendees disappeared from the Simu ticket area well before the con itself was scheduled for, since I was going to check to see how many/who was coming, but no luck at all.

No posts in either of the DR Vegascon email lists, nothing posted here on the boards with the information, like has been done in prior years.

No visibility for any of you when I stopped by the Excalibur twice, either. If'n you took it over, where were you?

>>Maybe next year?

And, given the lack of things like signage, maybe not. Why spend money for something I am not getting? I would druther treat myself to a nice dinner than spend money on something that can't be bothered to put up information, either online in several accessible locations, or in signage at the facility.

The whole thing, including the disappearing information on the Simu site, has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. And a hole in my pocketbook with nothing but aggravation to show for it.

~Kyn (Kynevon)

I hunt the deadliest game of all: nerd.
-Armifer
Re: Where Was It? 03/23/2010 07:48 AM CDT
>The whole thing... has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. And a hole in my pocketbook with nothing but aggravation to show for it.

That sounds a lot like a successful trip to vegas to me!

I'm heading to vegas this Thursday, to the excalibur coincidentally. Wish it had been timed with VegasCon. Sounded like fun.

~ Purehand

"Composed of rock, the gargoyle is a statue come to life at the hand of an ambitious mage." - Construct.
Re: Where Was It? 03/23/2010 07:55 AM CDT
One thing about Vegas...There is endless possibilities for fun.

Also, you could have called the simu office. We did have a few people do this and they found the group.

Vegascon is a player run con.

However, We did talk about some stuff and next year will be better organized.

P.s. Smelly-cat.org had a beautiful thread on vegascon. Check there for updates when it becomes that time of year again. We even had a better list of whos showing and stuff...

Crusader Taghz

DFA = DISC + AGIL + TM > Evasion + Reflex

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Where Was It? 03/23/2010 10:31 AM CDT
Yes i agree there was a lot of confusion some of it due to the fact that Simu did the server move and didn't put the info back up. But Vegascon is a player run event. We have talked about several changes for next year to make it easier to follow what is going and get all the info.

There are a million things I could ask if you tried but regardless it wont change what happened. I just hope you are willing to give it a try next year cause it is a blast!

If you do show up your first drink is on me

I'm on a Motor-boat!!