Preregistration and events 01/09/2006 09:46 PM CST
Hey everyone,

So I'm looking at the play.net box office and as of the night of January 7th there are just over a dozen people registered for the con. Now I know a lot of you guys are out there who just havn't registered. I've talked with many of you. I know the $5 difference between signing up now and at the door isn't that big a deal. However, in looking at the hard numbers and the actual amount of money that's coming in and the number of people who have committed to attending, it's hard to justify the cost and size of the penthouse for 15 people plus an indeterminate number of stragglers.

So I'm asking everyone who can to preregister. The registration is open until Tuesday the 24th. If I'm seeing 35 people on that play.net list, I'll be comfortable with the cost of the penthouse. If we fall short of that, we might want to be looking at smaller accomodations such as a suite or two, similar to what we had at the Frontier. If there's only 25 or 30 of us, we just wouldn't be using all the space of that penthouse. (Note, I havn't negotiated anything different with the Sahara. Hopefully I won't have to.

Now, I honestly think there's more than 35 of us. I just don't want to be taking a risk with our money by spending it on space we don't need.

Also, I am looking for anyone and everyone who will pitch in and help run stuff. If you have an idea for an event, email or IM me (My play.net addy works fine). If you're going to help out with a registration table shift, let me know.

~Chris
player behind Millimbar