Sahara rooms 01/04/2005 07:21 PM CST
Hey all,

I got word today that only 9 rooms have been reserved. If we don't reserve them in the next couple weeks they won't hold them for us.

I don't care about making the 50 room mark, because all we benefit is a comp room out of that. I do care about everyone being able to get a reservation on that weekend.

It's a busy weekend, so do your best to grab a room soon as you can.

Kellie/Mia

There is nothing more liberating than dancing barefoot.

Dance barefoot at Vegascon March 3rd - 5th!! Want more information? Email me at BelediBelle@aol.com or Join our Yahoo discussion group: DR-VegasCon
Re: Sahara rooms 01/04/2005 10:57 PM CST
>>I got word today that only 9 rooms have been reserved. If we don't reserve them in the next couple weeks they won't hold them for us.

Is there any sort of discount involved in this block of rooms, or is it just a dedicated block? I usually don't look for roommates, but the rates for that weekend are a little daunting. Still not positive if I'm going to go, but it's a strong consideration...

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Sahara rooms 01/05/2005 08:27 AM CST
It's a dedicated block. March is a very busy month there, I guess and that is why the rates are so high. Lots of people double up on rooms every year, simply because they don't spend a lot of time in them. Cept maybe to sleep and shower.

Kellie/Miabelle

Dance barefoot at Vegascon March 3rd - 5th!! Want more information? Email me at BelediBelle@aol.com or Join our Yahoo discussion group: DR-VegasCon
Re: Sahara rooms 01/05/2005 12:00 PM CST
Sorry Kellie, but I ended up booking a room not in the DR block.

<<Is there any sort of discount involved in this block of rooms, or is it just a dedicated block? I usually don't look for roommates, but the rates for that weekend are a little daunting. Still not positive if I'm going to go, but it's a strong consideration...

I was able to go through Expedia and get the rooms for the same price as Sahara is renting them for, but was able to get free plane tickets in the deal. Saving $200 means I can ...

1) Go on the Romancing the Seas quest

2) See a couple shows while I am in Vegas

3) Piss it away at the craps table while being loud and drinking with strangers (though you should see the strange people I drink with now)

4) Perhaps get closer to finding out how they actually get the cream inside a twinkie.

Trebber

P.S. Kellie, if this is sending out the wrong message, please send me an email and I will pull faster than Anna Nicole Smith's inheritance.
Re: Sahara rooms 01/06/2005 10:00 AM CST
Trebber,

Don't be sorry! I am glad you are going to attend, and I can't wait to meet you.

If you call Shawn wilson, 1-800-634-6078 at the Sahara and let him know. He will count you room as one in our "block" therefore, giving them a better idea of how many of us are there booking rooms. I don't think he can actually change the room physically to our "block". But it will count towards them not opening up our block for general reservations.

My only worry really is that people won't be able to get a room by the time March comes around.

Kellie/Miabelle