Necromancer - Literature and TV musings and random thoughts 07/07/2016 08:14 AM CDT
A post was moved from the Necromancer folders.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator

If you have a question about the forums, please email me Senior Board Moderator Helje at DR-Helje@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net
Re: Literature and TV musings and random thoughts 07/06/2016 08:55 PM CDT
I am enjoying the crap out of Penny Dreadful, particularly some of Frankenstein and his monsters babblings.

"Did you really imagine that your modern creation would hold to the values of Keats and Wordsworth? We are men of iron and mechanization now. We are steam engines and turbines. Were you really so naive to imagine that we'd see eternity in a daffodil? Who is the child, Frankenstein, thee or me?"

I also just read Meiville's Embassytown, and absolutely loved the arc of the Ariekei. Common enough theme in literature, the paradigm shift leading to the death of the old ways, but brilliantly handled, I felt, in this book. I imagine the Great Work being akin to lying for the Ariekei.
Re: Literature and TV musings and random thoughts 07/08/2016 03:50 PM CDT
Penny Dreadful was a lot of fun, and I will miss it. I do hope they have more gothic horror type shows on TV/streaming in the future.