In case you're horribly impatient for the next WoT... 09/14/2010 12:10 PM CDT
For those who maybe haven't been following the WoT news, the prologue to book 12, Towers of Midnight, will be released electronically on 9/21/10.

Additionally, Brandon Sanderson and Tor are holding a promotion for Sanderson's Way of Kings tour (book one of his own epic series) called The Great Hunt, in which Sanderson is releasing codes at his signings and various other places he visits to unlock the following web page:

(WARNING--potential spoilers)
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/thegreathunt.

Speculation is that it might be chapter 2 of the book.

ToM is due to release November 2 of this year.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: In case you're horribly impatient for the next WoT... 09/15/2010 01:08 PM CDT
>> Way of Kings ...

Just finished this up. HIGHLY recommended.
Re: In case you're horribly impatient for the next WoT... 09/15/2010 02:15 PM CDT
I was lucky enough to attend a Sanderson signing a few days ago to get my copy signed.

A few tidbits for people who might be interested in the series:

Right now finishing A Memory of Light is his top priority. I think this means that it will be his only book coming out next year (Instead of the two he's been averaging) but that isn't set in stone. His plan after that is to have Book 2 of the Stormlight Archive (The series Way of Kings starts) come out in 2012, Book 3 in 2013 and then alternate a stand alone (Or sequel to his other works) then two more Stormlight Archive books (so basically 2 per 3 years). This puts an expected end date for the series around 2024.

-Raesh
Re: In case you're horribly impatient for the next WoT... 09/15/2010 02:34 PM CDT
How many are left? I finished book 11.

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: In case you're horribly impatient for the next WoT... 09/15/2010 02:40 PM CDT
<<How many are left? I finished book 11.

whats the title of that one....The Gathering Storm? if so two more
Re: In case you're horribly impatient for the next WoT... 09/15/2010 02:42 PM CDT
Knife of Dreams (Book 11) was the last written entirely by Jordan.

The Gathering Storm (Book 12) was the first done mostly by Sanderson (It's unclear exactly how much of the last three books are Jordan's work, according to Sanderson at times there were just a few lines describing multiple chapters, at other places he had large sections entirely written) which came out Nov 2009.

The Towers of Midnight (Book 13) comes out Nov 2010.

A Memory of Light (Book 14, the final) is projected for Nov 2011.

-Raesh
Re: In case you're horribly impatient for the next WoT... 09/15/2010 02:43 PM CDT
<<How many are left? I finished book 11.

<<whats the title of that one....The Gathering Storm? if so two more

You got three more to go, The Gathering Storm, first one with Brandon Sanderson, The Tower of Midnight, which comes out Nov 2, and then A Memory of Light, next year sometime