RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 04:13 PM CDT
In response to the post from Solomon: http://forums.play.net/forums/13/132/1158/view/1355

Hi All

In response to the post from Solomon (I have posted the link above) I followed the link a little late and found out that the fund had already reached its target so I reached out directly to the fund organiser to find out what more I could do to help. They asked me for something that was incredibly simple to do. A wedding card to JD and Cathie from my Elanthian character because this is something they would both appreciate and because JD would most likely understand this.

Typically I don't do anything by half measures and it occurred to me I could do something more then just send a card from myself and my husband. I also realised there were some people who were touched by the situation that JD and Cathie are in but might not have had the funds to donate. So, here's my small contribution that will allow those who couldn't afford to donate to show their support to JD and Cathie whilst also allowing me to deliver on the request for a wedding card in real life.

I've hired a calligrapher to hand write a letter that we'll be writing onto some good old fashioned parchment with a proper wax seal and the whole nine yards. As part of the content of this scroll we're going to include the names of other people in Elanthia who wish to send their best wishes to Thundrek and Drexella (JD and Cathie) on their wedding day. So far we have 20 names on the list that we'll include on the scroll. However, if you'd like to be included on the scroll then please respond to this post by 6pm GMT (please note that's GMT not EST) on the 2nd of September 2014 with your full Elanthian name as you'd like it written on the scroll. I will have to finalised the content of the scroll with the calligrapher by then in order to get the work done and the physical document shipped to JD and Cathie in good time for the wedding day itself.

If this isn't something you care about or aren't interested in then please, don't bother with the hate. Just move on to the next post. If this is something you care about then please, reply and I'll pick up the names before I send on the final content to the calligrapher tomorrow.

Thanks in advance to those who respond.

Kind Regards

The Spirit of Talia. Otherwise known as Kintalia Silvermist.
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 05:10 PM CDT
Wow, what a great idea! Although I recognize both Thundrek and Drexella as characters, none of my characters have ever had any direct or even indirect interaction with either of them. You (and others like you) are the reason I keep playing this game after more than a dozen years. The thoughtfulness and creativity are what makes it new and fun every day. Thanks for doing this, I know they will greatly appreciate it.

"I only automatically kill players when they're asking for it or it's funny. Or both." ~GM Raesh
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 05:20 PM CDT
Caraamon Makdasi

I'm one of the legandary few who've gotten away with hugging Drex.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 05:52 PM CDT
I have only had a handful of interactions with Drexella myself and have never met Thundrek IG, so I don't think adding my name would be highly appropriate as a meager acquaintance to just one half of the whole couple.

However, all the interactions that Ive ever had with Drexella were always fun and/or helpful. The community is one of the greatest aspects of this game, and the true friendships that have come from this game in the past decade+ are just astonishing. I always heard growing up that you'll have less "true friends" than you have fingers on one hand, and this game has proven that statement wrong.

I just want to say kudos to all the friends on here that are willing to go above and beyond a normal friendship to make those amazing platonic friendships that last well beyond the game, and truly touch the hearts and lives of those who consider each other special.

-Master Ndin Yehr'Lihf
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ndin
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 06:36 PM CDT
Fantastic idea! I would love to be a part of that, and I know that both Cathie and JD would love it.

Blaayd Halfhaind.
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 06:44 PM CDT
Actually, after putting 2 + 2 together, and remembering (and verifying) that Drexella = Ciressa, sign me up! I had far more interactions with Ciressa, and she always went out of her way to be as helpful as possible, no matter what she was busy doing at the time.

There are few, if any, people that I've met IG that have gone through so much to help as many people as possible, and to remain cheery no matter what life may have thrown her way. If she ever had a bad day, she sure didn't let it show.

Ndin Yehr'Lihf

-Master Ndin
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ndin
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 08:04 PM CDT
Count me in! Thank you!

Sortny Quartre-Plea, Trader. Although Thundrek might know my empath character more, her name is Braunwen Domental.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 08:42 PM CDT
Hi.

I was asked to respond to this from Drex/Ciressa since she can't at the moment.

After she was done tearing up, Cathie said this would be wonderful for him. Knowing that his DR family is there in spirit during a happy occasion will make all the difference in the world. Because they both have multiple characters, their real names will be fine on the card, however, all of your IG names will work just wonderfully.

Thank you for all the outpouring and support during this time. Yes, the DR community is just the best.

Laura - the player of Rallyne
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 08:45 PM CDT
would be Honored to be included

Rehlyn Dnark

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 08:46 PM CDT
What a beautiful, fantastic idea. I would love to have my name added to your list.

ChelmorAes Clerke
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 08:59 PM CDT

Thank you for doing this.

Neeno would like his name included.
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 09:36 PM CDT
Thank you for arranging this.

Please include Sesi Hart.
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 09:39 PM CDT
Ranger Arandrowse Free-elf

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 09:39 PM CDT
Thank you for this. Please add my name as well.

Nithhogr Synaklovut

--
Player of Leech Farmer Nithhogr
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 09:47 PM CDT
Count me in, Cathie is an amazing lady!

Mithyl SylvirMyst
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 09:55 PM CDT
That's a great idea. Please add Zamara Chrefra.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 10:29 PM CDT
It was great to be able to contribute in a small way to these two who, like many have already said, truly shape the community. If there is still room and time, please add my name.

Azkaban UiNeill

Azkaban UiNeill, Bard of Therengia, an Elf
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Azkaban

Letting it all hang out, since 312.
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/01/2014 10:30 PM CDT
An excellent idea. I just want to chime in to say that JD and Cathie have played more characters over the years than I could count, so chances are, you have interacted with one of them.

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/02/2014 03:47 AM CDT
Thank you so much for doing this. Please add Eyuve.

-- Player of Eyuve
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/02/2014 07:47 AM CDT
please add Klurn Odarien

rub other gweth
[Assuming you mean the Barbarian Guildleader Les.]
You rub your jadeite gwethdesuan.
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/02/2014 01:25 PM CDT
Greetings All,

Firstly, thank you for the very prompt responses!

Secondly, I wanted to let you know that we've now reached a grand total of 48 names to be included. Because of you wonderful people I'm having to purchase a special custom size parchment especially to fit all your names! I've now ordered the wax seal which will be used on the letter, for those who are interested it will be the white tree of Gondor with the stars above the tree. For anyone in the know, I'm sure you'll get it. The parchment will arrive next week and the calligrapher will begin work tomorrow on arranging the layout. So, in short, you have another 24 hours to add your name to the list if you want to take the list to 50 names!

Many thanks for supporting JD and Cathie.

Talia, AKA Kintalia Bloodspire (nee Silvermist)
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/02/2014 01:41 PM CDT
Please include me as well.
-Liuri
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/02/2014 01:52 PM CDT

Me as well please.

Rezzian Aelizzar
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/02/2014 02:26 PM CDT
This sounds awesome. Would you add Mistanna as well?

Thank you!

I like to imagine that the popping sound of PD is kind of like the fire swamp.
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/02/2014 02:31 PM CDT
And me.

- Starlear Lightsheer, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -

- I maintain the Warrior Mage Beginner's Guide at:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/03/2014 08:58 PM CDT

I may be too late even given the extra 24 hours but Drexella is so wonderful. I also get to hug her! Please add me if you can.

Daerlynn
RE: Reaching out to the Community - Respond by the 2nd of September 2014 09/04/2014 12:46 AM CDT
You'll be happy to know all your names are safely in the draft of the document. I somehow (don't ask me how,even I'm not sure) managed to rope in the people who provided the vellum for Prince William's wedding, so there's a minor wait to get the custom sized vellum for all your names!

Cathie has seen the content of the three letters so we're just waiting for the vellum, wax seals and calligrapher elements to all come together. Its out of my hands now but if you desperately want to be included let me know here and I may be able to sweet talk the calligrapher to add in extra names since she hasn't put ink to actual vellum yet.

Many thanks

Spirit of Talia, AKA Kintalia Bloodspire (nee Silvermist)