The Aftermath 01/02/2008 03:20 PM CST
Well, it wasn't too bad a year, all things considered. I think I've hit my limit on teams, though. 24 teams to keep up with was almost too many this year.

So, the final tab:

In my three NFL.com leagues, I was spanked pretty much all year and didn't make the playoffs. Great teams on paper, but who would have thought I'd have tanked so badly when I had Marvin Harrison, Marc Bulger, Rudi Johnson, and Antonio Gates all on the same team? Certainly not me, at least, not until week 2. :(

The 21 Yahoo leagues were a different story. 11 top-3 finishes (four 1st, five 2nd, and three 3rd). One of the 3rd place finishes I was particularly proud of, since I spent the first 8 weeks or so in dead last place. The rest worked out to one 8th place finish, five 6th place, one 5th and two 4ths.

See ya'll next year!

Solomon

"Beat me, whip me, maintain my mindstate at sub-optimal levels!"
http://www.myspace.com/simutronicsdragonrealms
Re: The Aftermath 01/02/2008 05:26 PM CST
5th place, and with larry johnson, marvin harrison, donovan mcnabb, roy williams, shaun alexander blowing up on me, I'm happy with 5th.

~Purehand

You feel that for the moment you've learned all you can about harming shopkeepers.
Re: The Aftermath 01/02/2008 06:59 PM CST
Just remember, Bubba, you were the only win in my 1-13 season. :)

~GameMaster Aurdun Smashfoot
Re: The Aftermath 01/02/2008 08:09 PM CST
<<Just remember, Bubba, you were the only win in my 1-13 season. :)>>

I gotta let people win SOMETIME. If not, they wouldn't come back for their yearly beating the following season. ;)

Solomon

Re: The Aftermath 01/02/2008 11:15 PM CST
>>I gotta let people win SOMETIME. If not, they wouldn't come back for their yearly beating the following season. ;)

Hi. 6 teams, all 3rd through 5th, though the 3rd should have been 2nd (thanks, Brian Westbrook).

Next year, Bubba. Next year.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: The Aftermath 01/03/2008 10:59 AM CST
I was in three leagues (all Bubba's Yahoo! leagues) this year. I finished in 1st place in one league (GO ME!!!), 3rd in another and around 6th in the last. Marvin Harrison really got me this seaon because he was doing great things as usual. I didn't want to drop him when he was injured and reports kept saying he'd be back at any time. I figured that as soon as I dropped him, someone else would grab him and it would come back to bite me on the rump.

Overall, it was a really strange season with injuries and misc. stuff (like Brian Westbrooke costing me some points near the end). It was a lot of fun though and I appreciate the chance to play with all of you again.

Hope you all have a great New Year!
Now let's see if the Patriots can manage to win it all!

Cheers!
Re: The Aftermath 01/03/2008 11:02 AM CST
Thanks for playing and thanks for playing ALL SEASON.

A big pet peeve of mine is teams that get "abandoned" mid-season. Another one is managers that dump their teams if they don't make the playoffs.

Luckily, that didn't happen this year. :)

Solomon

Re: The Aftermath 01/03/2008 09:48 PM CST
Of my one team....2-11-1. Ugh. For my first year, though, I don't think I did too bad, definitely have some things I've learned to apply for next year.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: The Aftermath 01/31/2008 10:23 AM CST
<<Thanks for playing and thanks for playing ALL SEASON.

A big pet peeve of mine is teams that get "abandoned" mid-season. Another one is managers that dump their teams if they don't make the playoffs.
>>

I am in a league were it is $500 a team, though I partner with a couple other guys. To combat managers quitting once they have no chance of making the playoffs, they instituted a new rule. The "Horse's A**" trophy, basically, the last place team has tp put in another $250 into the pot.

That's the inherant problem with free leagues, though I still sign up, is if a owner doesn't like their draft, they just sign up for another league. I saw a few times in the two Solomon leagues I was in, starting lineups with one or more players on bye weeks. It wasn't alot but it happened.

Anyways, I had fun.

GNiloi