Is it ever too soon? 03/25/2006 03:38 PM CST
Okay, so i was flippin the satellite today and found NFL europe on. I must be a freak to be already counting down for 2006-7. I am currently substituting Hockey until that runs out in May. Moved Vinetari up on my kickers chart today since he moved indoors too.

Rehlyn/Jonathon

A giant skeletal claw rises slowly from the mire, stretching its palm open to the sky.
A tasia corsair says, "Well I was hoping to wait for a cleric first but if you watch my stuff I'll depart. Thanks."
Re: Is it ever too soon? 03/25/2006 06:21 PM CST
Hockey>football. That is all.

Gladiator Maulem~

Come join the werewolf legions!
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=12199
Re: Is it ever too soon? 03/25/2006 11:37 PM CST
>>Hockey>football. That is all.

Hell yes.

My team is just so painful to watch this year that I totally stopped even trying to watch. You can only go hoarse so many times yelling at the screen before you just have to call the season a do-over and wait it out.

Hell, they might be on a 50 game winning streak since the last time I saw a game...I've just tried to distance myself so much.

Go to the first 4 home games and see 4 straight losses. Shudders

-Teeklin

This post (including the signature) is in no way meant to offend anyone nor is it an attempt to troll or be "cute". Hopefully my opinions do not conflict with yours in any way.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Re: Is it ever too soon? 03/25/2006 11:45 PM CST
>>>Hell, they might be on a 50 game winning streak since the last time I saw a game...I've just tried to distance myself so much.

We wish. They're still not doing well. It makes me very sad.

Gryck
Re: Is it ever too soon? 03/26/2006 01:56 PM CST
You all aren't talking about the Blues by chance? Man they stink this year. My Preds not only have stomped them on a regular basis, but we also stole a 20 goal scorer from them right before the trade deadline for the price of a minor leaguer.

So if it's the Blues you two are talking about, pray for your coaches to keep their jobs and look toward next year. :)

And to be back on topic, I grew up loving the Chiefs. 3 years ago, I moved to Titans country in TN, right before the Titans really started to slide down the drain. Now, the Titans aren't worth watching, and I can't get any Chiefs games on tv. So, I've fallen out of love with football. Good thing I've always liked hockey more.

Gladiator Maulem~

Re: Is it ever too soon? 03/26/2006 03:12 PM CST
I feel that pain, Maulem. But at least I moved to a place that is in the same division as the Chargers. So I'm guaranteed a minimum of two games per season, plus whatever the networks decide to feature. Thank goodness that the Broncos never have to worry about getting blacked-out in the local market.

Oh, and as for hockey (ME LIKE HOCKEY!) I've been a Ducks fan ever since day one. (What kind of mickeymouse outfit calls their team "The Ducks"? -- Bugs Bunny) Once the Great One left the Kings, there was no real draw to watch them anymore, and Anaheim took up the slack just in time to keep my interest in the game.

Amagaim; the player of,

Don't write it if you can say it.
Don't say it if you can whisper it.
Don't whisper it if you can imply it.
Don't imply it if you can nudge it.
Don't nudge it if you can wink it.
Don't wink it if you can help it.
Re: Is it ever too soon? 03/26/2006 07:03 PM CST
>Hockey>football. That is all.

::shuns::

~GameMaster Aurdun Smashfoot
Re: Is it ever too soon? 03/26/2006 08:29 PM CST
Yeah the NHL loses $150,000,000.00 a year because it's so awesome.

~Purehand
Re: Is it ever too soon? 03/26/2006 08:58 PM CST
The only thing about hockey that is even remotely better than football is that NHL videogames are close to on par (maybe even a bit more fun playing against a roommate/friend) than NFL videogames.

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html
Re: Is it ever too soon? 03/26/2006 10:12 PM CST
Yes, we meant the Blues. I want to know where the team from my childhood went. :(

Gryck

P.S. Aurdun is a ninny.
Re: Is it ever too soon? 03/27/2006 07:42 AM CST
I love going to see hocky live. Other then that, the game is pretty boring on TV. My oppinion, thank god I moved back to San Jose, now I can get back into seeing the Sharks play live

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Is it ever too soon? 03/27/2006 02:47 PM CST
Can't say I can give the ducks much love after the spanking they handed out to the Preds this weekend, but if they keep it up, it looks like we'll be playing them in the first round of the playoffs, unless the Avs wake up.

Got tix to go see the Preds play Detroit this Thursday. That's always a great rivalry to go and watch live. Our fans here are rowdy on a good day, and cantankerous or worse when the Red Weenies come to town. Should be a good game.

Gladiator Maulem~

Re: Is it ever too soon? 04/05/2006 12:59 AM CDT
And now you know who to blame for my new and sudden addiction to hockey...

Drex

Gyfford says, "Maulem your wife is giving me a headache."
Maulem says, "Well, at least I'm not th' only one she does that to then."
Re: Is it ever too soon? 05/22/2006 06:13 AM CDT
>And now you know who to blame for my new and sudden addiction to hockey...

>Drex

Drex,

I LOVE hockey!!!! I like football, too, but I really love hockey!

Daerlynn
Re: Is it ever too soon? 05/22/2006 06:58 AM CDT
Too bad about that beating Buffalo put on your boys in orange, Daer. ::hums::

Go Edmonton! Root for the underdog 8th seed!

Gladiator Maulem~
[Lystid] Do you know the two most important words a married man knows?
>think Itwasn'tme, IsweartoKuniyo?

Re: Is it ever too soon? 05/23/2006 01:31 PM CDT
Pffft,everyone knows the Carolina is gonna take teh hardware this year.

But dont worry kids,I'll post all my pictures with the Stanley Cup. ;)

Will,the unstable mind behind-

Izzit
Master Tanner in Training

Asirin
Priest Of Meraud
---
Re: Is it ever too soon? 05/24/2006 05:36 PM CDT
Oooh that make me laugh!

..still rooting for Edmonton here.
Re: Is it ever too soon? 05/24/2006 05:38 PM CDT
Now that my Preds are out, and Vokoun is making a nice recovery, I have to pull for edmonton too. Gotta love an underdog, and Roloson=teh new goalie god (right next to Vokoun).

Gladiator Maulem~
[Lystid] Do you know the two most important words a married man knows?
>think Itwasn'tme, IsweartoKuniyo?

Is it ever too soon? 05/31/2011 09:26 PM CDT
Okay, so i was flippin the satellite today and found NFL europe on. I must be a freak to be already counting down for 2006-7. I am currently substituting Hockey until that runs out in May. Moved Vinetari up on my kickers chart today since he moved indoors too.

Rehlyn/Jonathon

A giant skeletal claw rises slowly from the mire, stretching its palm open to the sky.
A tasia corsair says, "Well I was hoping to wait for a cleric first but if you watch my stuff I'll depart. Thanks."