SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/06/2011 07:19 PM CDT
Yeah!!

Got my SimuCon ticket purchased--Now I just need to figure out rooming and transportation :x

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/06/2011 07:50 PM CDT
>Got my SimuCon ticket purchased--Now I just need to figure out rooming and transportation :x

Transportation ruins my chances of going to SimuCon. $900 to fly out to St Louis! I'm so jealous of every attendee. :(
Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/06/2011 07:52 PM CDT
<<Transportation ruins my chances of going to SimuCon. $900 to fly out to St Louis! I'm so jealous of every attendee. :(

I flew from Sweden my last two times, so I understand the difficulty of the expensive flight. BUT, it's worth it.

Nikpack
Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/06/2011 08:31 PM CDT
Just remember to include plenty in your budget for buying people fruity girly drinks...

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/07/2011 12:06 AM CDT
Seriously, from the link the rooms are going to be $92 per night? A 3 night two person with tax is 317.90???

Abison
Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/07/2011 12:14 AM CDT
No, it's just a joke.

Its a nice hotel in a decent area (lots of restaurants around in walking distance).

I don't know really what to tell you if you feel its an outrageous price, except perhaps to see if you can find people to room with to help defray costs.

__
AIM: Ysselt
As a bard, you can use SONG to list the enchantes you know.
You have learned Dragon's Breath [db] from a scroll and must maintain at least somewhat less than half your normal attunement to keep it.
Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/07/2011 02:20 AM CDT
<<Leilond

I'm working on getting my passport atm and my bank account is being padded in anticipation. I'm not a 100% attendee yet, but the chances are looking good 2011 will finally be my Simucon year.

I'd be looking to split a 2 bed room among 4 people. If thats up your alley, and you're okay with a gay roommate, add me to a tentative list of potentential roomies?

-Evran

Gay, geeky, and a little bit cheeky.
Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/07/2011 02:32 AM CDT
Oh, and I vaguely recall someone mentioning something about two airports or terminal in St Louis, and that one of them is ridiculously closer to the hotel?

If so, could I get more details so I don't end up researching/purchasing tickets to the wrong one. The one I've found is STL.

Thanks!

-Evran

Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/07/2011 06:27 AM CDT
Thanks for the heads up Evran! I'll definitely keep that in mind--A bunch of my friends had talked about going this year too so I'm trying to see if they're going to flake out or not at the moment :P

Also yea, if anyone knows any magic flights or whatever that are super inexpensive please share that information :)

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/07/2011 08:19 AM CDT
<<Oh, and I vaguely recall someone mentioning something about two airports or terminal in St Louis, and that one of them is ridiculously closer to the hotel?

You'll want the Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL) which is the main airport used by the city. There is also a free shuttle bus to and from the airport to our hotel from this airport.

The St. Louis Downtown Airport (CPS) is near downtown and the one you do not want. Though I don't think it is very easy to get a flight in there.

Nikpack
Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/07/2011 11:11 AM CDT
Attending at least one Con is definitely worth it.
Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/07/2011 11:23 AM CDT
<<STL vs. CPS

Thanks for the info! One less thing to worry over.

-Evran

Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/07/2011 11:50 AM CDT
Considering going just because the dates line up with my brother's wedding which is going to be in NE Arkansas.
Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/07/2011 08:53 PM CDT
Liuri, you better be coming again. Two > One.

Nikpack
Re: SimuCon 2011 is a Go! 04/08/2011 11:37 AM CDT
Two is in fact better than one, but it seems highly unlikely I'll make this year my second time. It will happen again though, one day!