Important Message 06/23/2005 12:42 AM CDT
One night at the Con, several of us were sitting around the lobby after the bar threw us out. It has come to my attention that there may have been some confusion about something that I said at the time, so I want to make sure to clear that up.

In case anyone doesn't know it, MO Eve and I are (I hope) good friends. We talk frequently and quite often engage in some good natured teasing. In our private talks, we can get pretty harsh with each other.

At one point when she came in from a smoke break on this particular evening, I said something that those folks around us might have taken seriously: that she shouldn't come to the Con and I didn't want her to show up next year.

I would hope that everyone would know that Eve is one of my favorite people, not just related to Simutronics, but in general. Seeing her and spending what little time I can with her each year is one of the highlights of my Convention, as I'm positive it is for both her staff and the attending Modus Operandi players. As much as we rib each other, I have immense respect for Eve and all the work she does for MO on top of all the things she does in her real life.

The thought that my teasing would have been misunderstood by anyone around me never crossed my mind, but it should have and I should have made it abundantly clear that I was just giving her a hard time.

I'll be much more careful with that in the future and hope that those who heard, or overheard, my comments accept my apology for any concern I may have caused them, but more importantly, I hope that Eve accepts my deepest apologies as well.

MO, SimuCon, Simutronics, and I wouldn't be the same without you, m'dear.

And THAT is no teasing matter.

Bubba