Some Info on Three of the DR Seminars 06/09/2005 06:10 PM CDT
How to Get Involved in GM Events And Get Noticed
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Been looking for your 15 minutes of fame? Would you like to be the hero for once? Or maybe you just want to be part of something larger than the day to day events of life but just can't seem to get involved. "How to get involved in Gm Events and get noticed" maybe just the seminar you're looking for. Topics will cover how to get involved, how NOT to get involved, and the best way to get yourself noticed for your hard work and efforts. This seminar will also cover what types of Player Events the Events team staff can help with, and which one's we try to avoid.

How to Role Play Evil (And Not Get Locked Out!)
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Do the locals tend to smirk and point at you after every one of your attempts of world domination? Are all your ill-gotten gains going to support the justice system? Does the local goody-goody have you're secret gweth of Evil on speed-dial? Well, listen up! The seminar on How to Role play Evil may help you figure out just how to make your most wicked dreams come true. From an understanding of Evil, character preparation, staying within the confines of game policy to ending your career once you're master of the universe, there should be something you'll find useful to help guide you in your Evil endeavors*.
(* - No innocents have been sacrificed during the production of this seminar, though corruption is possible!)

How to Role-play on the Shadier Side of Events
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
How to Role-play on the Shadier side of Events will cover several topics, from joining the opposing side in an event and what your options are to protect yourself from the "enemy", to how to have "contrary" rp practices and stop getting into trouble with staff. From roleplaying out your conflicts to doing a striptease in public, if you're style of role play is called into question far too often for your tastes, then this may be your cup of tea.

Solomon

What's going on?
http://www.livejournal.com/~drbubba

Re: Some Info on Three of the DR Seminars 06/09/2005 09:27 PM CDT
Awww, what about those of us who can't get to SimuCon? These are interesting topics, I'd love to know how to get in on GM events. C'mon, Solomon, help us out! grins

player of Dechtire (among others)
Re: Some Info on Three of the DR Seminars 06/09/2005 10:05 PM CDT
Oh don't worry. People always post notes, and I'm sure these seminars won't be excluded. Those three make me regret not begging for the money for a ticket.

Gryck
Re: Some Info on Three of the DR Seminars 06/10/2005 01:56 PM CDT
they were talking about how to monitize the con.. having it so that if you paid the con price, you could watch the seminars would add money to the whole thing. A Lot more people may be able to afford to pay for the con, but can not afford to travel to the con. but..

I doubt it will happen.
Re: Some Info on Three of the DR Seminars 06/11/2005 06:57 PM CDT
I'm heading up the three events seminars and looking at possibly doing a condensed In-Game seminar on the more pertinent parts following the con as time allows.

So, for those of you who aren't going, if you hear enough from the con to wet your appetite on any of those seminars, let me know and I'll put something together.

Trib

"To be a catalyst is the ambition most appropriate for those who see the world as being in constant change, and who, without thinking that they can control it, wish to influence its direction."