SimuCon 2005 Info 04/14/2005 02:51 PM CDT
SimuCon is just around the corner and this year will be better than ever! Come help us celebrate ten years of SimuCon!

We recently ran a poll about SimuCon to hear from you about what you would like to see. Here are some of the changes we have made to SimuCon as a result!

More Quality Time with GMs!

An overwhelming number of you have made it clear that you'd rather spend time talking with each other and with the GMs instead of three days of lectures and seminars. Your wish is our command! On Thursday, our normal course of Guild and Profession seminars will take on a new look as we have our various Guild Team members present and ready for your questions. All afternoon several tables will be arranged in the ballroom where our Guild and Profession Teams will be present at their respective tables, ready to take notes and talk to you in a much more informal setting than has been done in the past. Gone are the days of multiple guilds meeting at the same time which force you to pick one or the other! This year, our Teams will be available on Thursday when YOU are ready to talk to them. Spend the entire afternoon with one team or divide your time between them all: The choice is yours!

On Friday, we'll do much the same thing, but this time we'll cover Game Systems, instead. Want to talk to the GM in charge of the Premium Homes? Want to chat with the GM who handles the Horse System? Need some quality time with the Combat Guru? All you need to do is look for the signs on the tables and find the GM that covers that system and head on over! All the GMs in attendance will be present and waiting for you!

On Saturday, we'll be offering some of the normal seminars, as well as the usual State of Elanthia/Morada/Greece discussions for each game, but even those seminars will be based on your votes! Expect the polls soon and tell US what you want to talk about!

Register Now! (https://www.play.net/simucon/register/home.asp)

What Else is New?

A Thank You Gift
To show our appreciation for your participation, all SimuCon attendees will receive a special in-game gift! It won't be The Ultimate Sword of Slaying Everything or Amazing Armor of Experience Boosting, but you'll get a special commemorative item that does something cool! Those of you who remember the Web Migration probably still have your Web Keys, DragonRealms players still display their Trailblazer badges with pride, and the first Citizens in Greece have their laurel crowns! Get your ticket today and you'll be one of the exclusive owners of something extra special!

Early Event Admission
Because we know you like to shop GemStone and DragonRealms attendees will also have early access to a Festival, scheduled after the Con, complete with a few merchants that ONLY SimuCon attendees can visit. Everyone else has to wait until the preview is over and you'll have plenty of time to relax, shop, and explore the shops!

More Fun!

Texas Hold-em Tournament
Convention attendees can sign up to compete in our gigantic free Texas Hold 'Em Poker Tournament -- and win fantastic prizes! All FREE with your SimuCon ticket!

Movie Nights!
Get comfy and curl up for a Lord of the Rings Film Fest on our giant projection screen! We'll be showing the Extended Versions of these fabulous movies on Thursday (Fellowship of the Ring), Friday (The Two Towers), and Saturday night (The Return of the King)!

Sign up NOW to save up to $100 on your SimuCon ticket! Or pay it in pieces! Check out the SimuCon Payment Plan!

Premium Account Holders
You get 10% off when you register! And as a special bonus, we are allowing you to register one guest for 10% off as well!

Accommodations
The SimuCon 2005 registration fee does not include hotel accommodations. However, as an additional service to our SimuCon 2005 guests, Sheraton Westport has agreed to make a limited number of rooms available at special prices. Go here to reserve your room online (http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=0501246300&key=53FA1)!

Re: SimuCon 2005 Info 04/15/2005 05:00 AM CDT
<<A Thank You Gift
To show our appreciation for your participation, all SimuCon attendees will receive a special in-game gift! It won't be The Ultimate Sword of Slaying Everything or Amazing Armor of Experience Boosting, but you'll get a special commemorative item that does something cool! Those of you who remember the Web Migration probably still have your Web Keys, DragonRealms players still display their Trailblazer badges with pride, and the first Citizens in Greece have their laurel crowns! Get your ticket today and you'll be one of the exclusive owners of something extra special!

Early Event Admission
Because we know you like to shop GemStone and DragonRealms attendees will also have early access to a Festival, scheduled after the Con, complete with a few merchants that ONLY SimuCon attendees can visit. Everyone else has to wait until the preview is over and you'll have plenty of time to relax, shop, and explore the shops!
>>

I saw this coming a mile away.

Extremely lame im my opinion. That just turns me off from it for some reason.

**If you seen Jhime give him a plat.
Re: SimuCon 2005 Info 04/15/2005 06:06 AM CDT
A Thank You Gift

Just a silly question here.......but what entitles an Out of Game Event participant to have an IG memento.
Fair enough - something like the raffle at VegasCon that was great. Each winner can make an IG story up as to how they got each individual item. However if everyone gets the same item (ie. like the migration key) which has no IG significance, doesn't this seem a little .....odd?

On another level, doesn't this just show everyone else that these people could afford/live close to SimuCon?
Which in turn kind of makes it unfair for all those who don't live in a) the area or b) the country.

Thank you all for listening to my little bitch session.
Also if this goes ahead.......could we also get 'Thank you gifts' for turning up to "VegasCon" and "AussieCon' and "NOCon"?
Just a though.

Kobmand.

I'm juggling, trading and also trading in juggling.
Re: SimuCon 2005 Info 04/15/2005 12:58 PM CDT
If memory serves, this isn't the first time Simucon goers got to attend a festival first. Or was it a new area? I can't remember. Anyhow, I don't see it as an insult to those who can't go, I see it as a thank you to those who could. (which isn't me, sue to the timing)

Why get upset when other folks get something nice? Seriously, its just text in a game. they aren't getting instant levels or ranks, so how does it really affect anyone else if they get a nifty trinket or get to shop a week before the rest.

Learn to be happy for other people.

Mia

There is nothing more liberating than dancing barefoot.
Re: SimuCon 2005 Info 04/15/2005 02:38 PM CDT
>>If memory serves, this isn't the first time Simucon goers got to attend a festival first. Or was it a new area? I can't remember. Anyhow, I don't see it as an insult to those who can't go, I see it as a thank you to those who could. (which isn't me, sue to the timing)

I believe it was P4 that they got to visit first, and even ride on the Seerah before it got wrecked.

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Info Page http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE http://tinyurl.com/4btcl
Amagaim's What to Hunt Chart
Excel format: http://tinyurl.com/44jlt
HTML format: http://tinyurl.com/6tpls
Re: SimuCon 2005 Info 04/15/2005 05:50 PM CDT
Thats exactly what it was. From Simu98 we got a code number, we typed the code number in the game, and we got "poofed" a "friendship ring" that was in the language of whatever characters race we typed it with. And then that character got admitted via the ring to the Seerah.

The maiden voyage took approx 6 hours to get there. That was because the whole boat system was a new thing then.

I was on the boat, and I was the first one to make it onto the Ratha Wanted boards. <I stole a crossbow from the Chandlers shop..... All that riding made my fingers itch>.

Schvartzgonif

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: SimuCon 2005 Info 04/16/2005 02:48 AM CDT
I don't see anything wrong with that, hell, I think it would be nice if we got to choose a custom title or verb for going to the con. Folks had to pay 200 bucks to get those things at that last fest which was ridiculous. I am going to the con, I shelled out my hard earned money. I want something to show for it other than some empty promises of things to come in the next lifetime and a coffee mug. I pay enough money to DR to have more than earned that privellege. I don't like the idea of the fest thing because not everyone that goes to the con HAS loads and loads of plats. I wouldn't mind it so much if there was a token auction there, for just the people that went to the con. THAT could be cool. I would be all for that. Would be nice to have a shot at some of these super cool and super rare items out there. Without having to pay even MORE RL MONEY to get them. Starting to babble...

~Deuce~

~Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."