Prev_page Previous 1
Simucon 04/12/2005 09:31 AM CDT
Only reason I can't make it is due to work, it happens to fall on the first day of tech for the first show at the Theatre I work at over the summer. Trying to talk my way into missing that...but I'm thinking chances are nill.
Doug/Jarle

http://home.comcast.net/~FatherJarle/index.html
Li Tumbra Mir
"If it ain't drunk, Drink it."
Re: Not Simucon - - - But AussieCon - Cross-post. 04/15/2005 05:52 AM CDT
Sylvado and Vision if you are in/near Melbourne at any time. Let us know and we can meet up.

It would be great to meet you.

Student Visa? Where are you studying?

Kobmand.

I'm juggling, trading and also trading in juggling.
Re: Not Simucon - - - But AussieCon - Cross-post. 04/15/2005 08:10 AM CDT
<<Sylvado and Vision if you are in/near Melbourne at any time. Let us know and we can meet up.

Thanks for the offer but I don't get to travel anymore. I used to do service training and although we had dealers in Australia I never got the chance to go there. The closest I got to the southern hemisphere was a couple of weeks in Singapore.

Sylvado

"False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views, if supported by some evidence, do little harm, for everyone takes a salutory pleasure in proving their falseness."
Re: Not Simucon - - - But AussieCon - Cross-post. 04/15/2005 08:35 AM CDT
>Student Visa? Where are you studying?

University of Queensland, in Brisbane babay.
I actually might head to Melbourne for the Australian Open next year... My mum's a huge fan and I promised I'd take her sometime.

This is smooth. Super smooth. If pudding could doodie, it wouldn't come out this smooth.
Unofficial Simucon 04/06/2006 02:52 PM CDT
Hey, all I just wanted to give you a heads up that even though Simucon was officially cancelled; we are still having an unofficial one. This will be a player run event taking place the Sheraton Westport Chalet. For those who normally come this is the same hotel as normal. Here is some information you need to sign up.

First
The dates are June 23-25th
The registration cost is $26 dollars (lowest I have ever seen it)
The hotel cost is $99 per room for up to 4 people.
Registration for the Hotel Rooms and Uncon ends May 26, 2006

Now you will be able to pay at the door and that cost is $50 dollars per ticket so sign up early to avoid paying almost double.

The website to sign up is http://www.play.net/simucon/unofficial/

It has all of the hotel information and everything else you need.

We hope to see you ALL there!!

Disclaimer:
This is a player-sponsored and run real world gathering. Simutronics is providing the sign up mechanism for this event to aid in the registration process. This event is not being sponsored by Simutronics Corporation. Sign up and attend at your own risk. Simutronics Corporation cannot be held liable for any guarantees or charges made in conjunction with this event.
Re: Unofficial Simucon 04/12/2006 01:46 PM CDT
That $99...is that per night or for the whole weekend? I'm planning on coming out on the 22nd and leaving on the evening of the 25th or the morning of the 26th...So might need to rent two extra nights on a room...

Fateweaver Meerc
_______
And the light of a fading star
Is what you wear is what you are
Like the glow that cristens the moon
You shone too soon, you shone too soon
_______
"Don't be an Airplane." - Baelor
Re: Unofficial Simucon 04/12/2006 03:40 PM CDT
It's $99 per night, so...bring a roommate (or 3)

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: Unofficial Simucon 04/12/2006 11:18 PM CDT
well...there'll be 4 of us, but thanks for the answer! Exactly what I was lookin for!

Fateweaver Meerc
_______
And the light of a fading star
Is what you wear is what you are
Like the glow that cristens the moon
You shone too soon, you shone too soon
_______
"Don't be an Airplane." - Baelor
Re: Unofficial Simucon 06/07/2006 12:14 PM CDT
I'm thinking of driving out there from Maryland, but it would be a lot easier if someone else felt like carpooling.

?
Re: Unofficial Simucon 06/12/2006 03:55 PM CDT
Just wanted to post a quick note to let anyone planning on attending UnofficialCon know that the room rate of $99/night has been extended through this Friday, June 12. If you want to make reservations, or were told the block was closed, please call the Sheraton 314-878-1500 and ask for "group reservations" no later than 5:00PM central time this Friday.

>I've always found it irritatingly interesting that so many (of every single race) claim to be orphans in Elanthia. ~ Bambina
Simucon pics 07/30/2007 03:05 AM CDT
Well they are up.
http://www.brabloslair.com/

Will be doing some updates to it in next few days, such as names and such to some, but it works for now.

See you all next year.

Brabs

Non Rangers practice a unique methode of locating people and places in cities......We ask directions - Mendasity
Re: Simucon pics 07/30/2007 06:33 PM CDT
I was not there on July 26th. They LIED to you.

-THE Slaris

So now youd better stop and rebuild all your ruins,
For peace and trust can win the day
Despite of all your losing.
Re: Simucon pics 07/30/2007 06:40 PM CDT
>I was not there on July 26th. They LIED to you.

It's that or Leucius was pretending to be you.

__
Armifer: Yes. I hate moon mages.
Pal: You know I'm making that a sig line, don't you? Context or no.
Re: Simucon pics 07/30/2007 06:49 PM CDT
how about labeling them so we can see who is whom?

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Simucon pics 07/30/2007 06:50 PM CDT
There was beer pong?

~Purehand
Re: Simucon pics 07/30/2007 06:55 PM CDT
>It's that or Leucius was pretending to be you.

I haven't seen any Leucius pics in a long while (from a long time ago in a con far far away), but that was my first guess.

-THE Slaris

Re: Simucon pics 07/30/2007 07:15 PM CDT
>>how about labeling them so we can see who is whom?

Working on it, just wanted to get the pics up for starters. Have to figure it out on a lot of them too.

Brabs

Non Rangers practice a unique methode of locating people and places in cities......We ask directions - Mendasity
Re: Simucon pics 07/30/2007 07:23 PM CDT
>>I was not there on July 26th. They LIED to you.

Was a bit out of it when I took that pic and put wrong name down. Fixed now.

Brabs

Re: Simucon pics 07/30/2007 07:25 PM CDT
>Was a bit out of it when I took that pic and put wrong name down. Fixed now.

It's all good Mr. Brabs. I had momentary issue with the missus saying 'WHERE THE HELL DID YOU SAY YOU WENT'?

LOL

-THE Slaris

Re: Simucon pics 07/30/2007 08:12 PM CDT
<<There was beer pong?>>

and every other drinking game you could think of!!

Oh and by the way Algion rocks!! Thank you

~Miir (the one with the MoeHawk)
Re: Simucon pics 07/30/2007 10:56 PM CDT
>Algion rocks!! Thank you

No kidding, man. That was a heroic effort that really made the last night great.

-Durnil
Re: Simucon pics 07/31/2007 03:31 PM CDT
Last night great for some... well.. yeah.. the last night was cool.. it was the last morning, noon, afternoon.. that was horrible...

Some gods get more prayers than others.... hums

Sothios Clan-Csencsits
Aesry Locksmith Union Representative
Re: Simucon pics 07/31/2007 03:53 PM CDT
Just because you covered the car that was tailgating to close behind you..........
Re: Simucon pics 08/01/2007 05:04 AM CDT
I look bloody awful in all of the pictures of me that were taken. :\

And I still want to strangle whoever put out those cards everywhere advertising the Dragon's Egg website (though any mention of character sales were conspicuously absent from them, funnily enough). They filled me with abject rage and deep annoyance that I was forced to dull by drinking more alcohol.

I have a picture of one somewhere I'll have to dig up.

Rev. Reene

"Yay! Sorcery!" - Armifer
Re: Simucon pics 08/01/2007 10:23 AM CDT
>I was not there on July 26th. They LIED to you. -THE Slaris

Wait... you were there and I didn't meet you? :frowns:

>I look bloody awful in all of the pictures of me that were taken. :\

Don't feel too bad, I look awful in all the pictures that were taken of me, also.

Bambina
Re: Simucon pics 08/01/2007 01:47 PM CDT
>Don't feel too bad, I look awful in all the pictures that were taken of me, also.

Lies. A bit tired in some, but not awful.

~Chris
Re: Simucon pics 08/01/2007 04:09 PM CDT
>I look awful in all the pictures that were taken of me, also.

It could be worse. You could look awful in all the pictures that were taken of HER.

Try explaining THAT one with alcohol.

~ Celestian Kougen Aensworth, Advisor of Ilithi

It is the destiny of those who can know what will be, to lead those who do not to guide them, to protect them, to lead them to enlightenment.
Re: Simucon pics 08/01/2007 05:33 PM CDT
>> Try explaining THAT one with alcohol.

You can explain anything with alcohol.

Especially at Simucon.

Rev. Reene

"Yay! Sorcery!" - Armifer
Re: Simucon pics 08/01/2007 05:45 PM CDT
>Bambina> Wait... you were there and I didn't meet you? :frowns:

I was not there. You didn't miss me. Trust me, if I was there, you would all know. Maybe next year. ::ebilgrin::

-THE Slaris

Re: Simucon pics 08/02/2007 03:42 PM CDT
Thanks to everyone that worked at setting the con up. I had an absolute blast again. Simucon has been something I look forward to each year ever since that first one I went to.

Thanks to all the GMs that came out to inform and party too.

As far as the players..

Hopefully this will show how much fun I had meeting you all. Here is a compilation of photos we put together. These are mainly just Dragonrealms players, but I hope you all enjoy.

Thanks to all our Smelly-Cat photographers:
Gavyn
Korsik
Jensene
Kaityns
Surisa

http://www.smelly-cat.org/simucon_2007

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Simucon 2010 02/15/2010 06:10 PM CST
Is there ever a detailed agenda/program published in advance?

I DEMAND JUSTICE
alternatively, if there must be injustice, let it be in my favor
Re: Simucon 2010 02/16/2010 08:25 AM CST
Yes, it will be posted on the Simucon web sight when we get closer to it and more details of what GM's are going and what is happening in the land of Simu.

Here is what 2009 looked like.
http://www.play.net/simucon/2009/

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: Simucon 2010 02/16/2010 08:28 AM CST
hmmmm, maybe that wasn't such a good example because it appears last year the schedule never got posted up there.

Normally it does.

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: Simucon 2010 02/18/2010 09:03 AM CST
The following is a general breakdown, based on previous years' experience:

Wednesday night - Someone organizes a dinner at Vivian's, an interesting restaurant with KILLER Long Island Iced Teas. Reservations are made beforehand, so people sign up via the message boards at some point. Keep an eye on the Simucon board, I think, to see if anyone organizes that this year.

Thursday - Registration begins. Start connecting faces with text via Con badges. Ask repeatedly, "How do you pronounce that, anyway?" Realize that that string of text you kill on sight (Consent!) is actually a pretty cool person. Continues throughout.

Friday - Seminars begin. State of Elanthia is the big one where GMs usually introduce themselves and say what they do, Solomon et al. drop the bomb about what to expect in the near (and sometimes not-so-near) future of DR.

Saturday - Seminars continue. The last couple years it's just been a bunch of simultaneous round-table discussions in a large room, allowing you to float around and talk/listen as the whim strikes you. Much explanation of the reveals from State of Elanthia (see above) are demanded. Specific example situations are requested and posited by con-goers, despite frequent assertion that the system in question is in the design phase, and the GM being interrogated would work on the framework, not the individual abilities. But, okay, yeah that could be possible, it depends.

Saturday evening - Big dinner. Costume contest. Raffle and awarding of prizes.

Sunday - Simucon has ended for another year. Some folks arrange to go to a brunch, for those who are leaving later in the day. Some remain until Monday, so arrange plans for that night.

Throughout - Drinking. More games than you can shake a stick at. Or a Wiimote. Simu brings TONS of board games that are free to play whenever you grab enough people and some table space. Try to get in at least one game of Curses, probably while drinking. Last year Simu brought two large flat-screens (okay, one large one and one LAAAAAAARGE one) for a Wii and Rock-Band, respectively.

Drinking will be done. Sushi will be consumed. Fun will be had. People who had no intention of attending will arrive unexpectedly, and then even more unexpectedly begin playing the game again. Have I mentioned drinking will be done? Board Monitor Pomae will be there. And he will still be pulling your posts.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Faerie tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Faerie tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
- G.K. Chesterton
Re: Simucon 2010 02/18/2010 02:11 PM CST
What Shavay said. Except he left off the part where it is once again determined that pineapple on pizza is great! Is too, Shavay!

~Eoworfinia~
Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen. Homer Simpson

Get the facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Re: Simucon 2010 02/18/2010 02:51 PM CST
Heathen!

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Faerie tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Faerie tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
- G.K. Chesterton
Re: Simucon 2010 02/20/2010 02:18 AM CST
Pineapple, Ham, And pepperoni..

Pomae

Any questions and/or comments can be sent to me at Mod-Pomae@Play.net, or Board Supervisor Annwyl at dr-annwyl@play.net
Re: Simucon 2010 02/20/2010 07:36 AM CST
Pomae joins the heathen team! Neener Shavay!

~Eoworfinia~
Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen. Homer Simpson

Get the facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Re: Simucon 2010 02/20/2010 07:38 AM CST
People who put fruit on pizza should be ashamed.

ASHAMED.

Now, anchovies on the other hand...

Rev. Reene

On Lunar magic:
Malindle says, "It was awesome, in a horrible sort of way."
Re: Simucon 2010 02/20/2010 07:58 AM CST
tunafish and shrimp

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer

I don't think we ever take the training wheels off as players or gamemasters.
-Inauri
Prev_page Previous 1